Where can science take us?

Mk 17

If you told someone 1000 years ago you’ll be able to communicate via voice and “video” (obviously not invented yet) 1000s of miles away, they’d of said it was impossible and if you were to demonstrate it you’d probably be burnt as a witch or interrogated as a magician. 

things that literally seem like magic do exist, it’s hard to fathom but what do you fellas think we may be able to achieve in another 100-1000 years time? 

spacer.png

I think were still in the expotential line considering scientific developement, and given enough time I think even the craziest of ideas might be possible given we don't mass extinct ourselfes beforehand. Imagine being able to rewrite DNA so the molecular stucture of the carbon fibers that build our bodies become as strong as a material like graphene? The speed of light can't be exceeded? Pretty sure they'd say your mad if you claimed the same about sound a mere few hundred years ago. All we need to do is counter the resonation that causes the disintegration of materials when exposed to such extremes. Whats the difference between our brainwaves and the electrical waves in the processors/chips in our technology? The're both a type of circuit, both can be measured in Hertz. Why shouldn't they be able to be compatible? What could happen when you link a consious mind with the computing power of quantum technology? Speaking about consiouness, what the hell is that anyway? Your thoughts are a grain of sand in the desert on this clumb of gravity bound atoms, which is a grain of sand in the desert of the few orbs we call our solar system, which is a grain of sand in the desert alongside millions of semi-identical stars and planets in our galaxy, which is a grain of sand in the desert of what is called the visible universe. Beyond that it is claimed the universe expands faster then the speed of light from the stars can reach back. Imagine going full speed in the fastest car ever build on a highway, that gets build faster then you can travel it. Earth is claimed to be 4,5 billion years old, the first humanoids came to action ~1.5 million years ago, the first homosapians ~300.000 years ago, the span of recorded history is roughly 5000 years old. In some ways our existance is utterly meaningless, in the most generous scenario our history is 0.33mm of a 1m timeline. Morals and ethics are irrelevant, unless we trancend ourselves, space and time what value is held in the truths we currently commonly agree on?

We realy need a better car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, true said:

a machine that washes/dries/stocks your dishes

I think that's a dishwasher bro

Jks aside it's about time we bring magic into the question

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Honestly, science seems to be evolving and solving every issue outside of dealing with the immense population on this planet. 

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

Impossible to say just like you said in your post. A mere 1000 years ago any concept of computers, TV, phones, cars, even a bicycle were foreign,. If you talked about satellites and going to the moon you would have 100% be burned as a witch. Like @Dubbel Drank said so many things in science are debunked every couple 50-100 years because it takes us a long time to get a good understanding of the actual workings of something. I read recently that perhaps the Theory of Relativity (E=mc^2) might be wrong (something to do with Dark Matter). When I was in school my teacher made it sound like it was 100% correct... In science a Theory is generally accepted as truth...but as all things in science nothing is actually ever really truth. There's so many things we don't understand simply because we can't comprehend them. Mathematics as a science tool is used to proof basically everything but I've heard and read stories that we are realizing now that even Mathematics is not always the end all be all. Imagine what would happen if we discovered that actually Mathematics like we use it now turns out to be wrong.

I think the biggest developments won't be technological, biological or chemical but rather psychological and then specifically in the domain of consciousness. We are extremely limited by our consciousness and the ability of our brain/body to think of something that does not yet exist. We can dream sure, and some people are very good in executing and building their dream (a great current example is Musk, but think also of Benz the car manufacturer, or whoever figured out that a crossbow was superior over a bow, Thomas Edison with the light bulb,...).

Whatever lies in the future will be unlocked by a better understanding of how our consciousness works not by some technological 'new' thing. Most 'new' inventions in the 21st century  aren't that much different from what we already had. They are alterations to previously designed concepts. Car/Bus -> Electric Car, Bike -> Electric bike, Missile -> Space Rocket, Computer -> (Smart) Mobile Phone,.. they are all one of the same. I'm not saying smart phones and all these E-things aren't great inventions I'm simply saying that they aren't as incredible, as revolutionary, as we think they are.

Consciousness however we know nearly nothing about it's one of the greatest mysteries yet to be solved just as big as space / time itself. What does it mean to be conscious, where does it come from, how does it work, why do people believe in a God, what even is a God, what even are thoughts, are our bodies just a vessel,....? So many questions left unanswered.

There's people that speculate that there are different levels of consciousness. If we can freely interact with each level that would open up an uncountable amount of possibilities. Consciousness and the way our brain / nerves work is where real discovery lies. You can't even imagine what you could realize if there are no limitations to what you can conceptualize.

• Like 2

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

At least in the next 25-50 years, I'd like to see improvements to the way we live and finding ways to make it more sustainable. Whether that's housing, transportation, food production, etc.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

A working login system on Runescape.com

• Haha 2

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png