I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

:HAT:

Favorite CR memory not warring wise but community wise

Favorite DF memory not warring wise but community wise 

Why do you still torment me with trying to click links when you know 100% I will not click a link from you or anyone associated with you?

Thoughts on :HAT: ?????

Tempest-CST-Sig.png

Have/had any pets? (IRL)

Is your twitch job your favorite job you've had so far?

Obviously Tempest have quite a few ex-DF, but given how long you were in DF and how many ex members there must be around, did you expect there to be more former DF members in Tempest?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Don't really have a question. I just want everyone that reads this thread later when it's archived to know that you're one of the biggest freaks known to Gielinor. 

Also ty for post count.

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

I would have too many questions to ask but as a side note, just wanted to say I find it hilarious that you linked that PE vs UBH video as I just watched a different pov of that video like a month ago 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwpO0v_5mHg

(cringing reading the comment section btw)

Still had no idea how we won looking like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off half the time, but still a fond memory

I would bet with a lot of certainty we are the only two people who even have any memory of that fight at this point, good times

• Haha 1
  • kms 1

Missed part of @Adam_'s post

Obviously new people coming into the clan world is a good thing, but do you think more pure clanners coming up to main clans is a good thing? Seems they (some of them anyways) bring certain undesirable behaviors with them, not that the main clanning community didn't already have enough of that 

I think main clanning would be a lot more dead if pure clanners didn't move over, but then again, the culture and personality they've brought to the main scene has been pretty disappointing. On a personal level, I don't really vibe with that behavior, but I can't imagine what some clans would look like roster wise if they didn't absorb pure clanners into the communities. 

When will Tempest have 100% 126s on ml? Did you think you'd ever see Milad at 126?

Unsure, I'm sure we'll always have a few non-126 as people join. And yes I did.

What do / did you think of Fools?

I gained a lot of respect for FOOLS when they went independent. Calling them the best country clan of all-time is an undersell, they were one of the best clans in OSRS period.  Props to guys like @Lrd @EoMeri and @S3lvah

Thoughts on (OSRS) TR?

After Dan retired, they were a disappointment after Hotgun took over. I know they have a lot of pride in naturally being a "strong" f2p clan in 2017-2020 compared to almost no competition, but they realistically didn't have many obstacles or competition for F2P-only based clanners. They had little to no community (When I use to go on their TS, they would have 3 people connected spread/muted), would drop their non-ideal performers to manipulate performance/get no overheads and Ben was basically emo 24/7. I haven't even talked to him about it, but I think it's a huge statement when guys like @Zafia14, who is one the more iconic TR Warlords ever, didn't even bother rejoining the Ben HG iterations.

RS2 TR to me is a respectable GMT clan that gave tremendous fights to both CR and TR. They did everything the right way and while I did think they had a lot of criers at times, their OSRS iteration post-Dan is almost unrecognizable. I've yet to speak to a veteran of RS2 TR that wasn't remotely embarrassed of their OSRS counterpart. The guy running the show just wasn't that impressive, blamed everyone but himself (In regards to Tempest, all he did was talk about how lucky we are and how TR was just unlucky when it came to things like recruitment, when I feel like he could have self-reflected a bit more).

I will give Ben a ton of props though, as flawed as he's always been, his stubbornness has some positives to it and he's one of the few clans to not embargo DF in 2017. He's grown up a lot since I originally met him and I think he could have been an important piece of TR's officials team, just not as Leader.

Have you ever "been in" clans on alts over the years?

A lot, mostly in UBH though. Gods of Demise, Phoenix Elites, Kissing the Shadows, Darkness Awaits, Envy and many more.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

On 8/28/2021 at 6:42 PM, Robin said:

Who are you paying to impersonate Ghjjf?

Have you ever danced with the devil in a pale moonlight?

I see without seeing, to me darkness is as clear as day. What am I?

Why do we fall?

@Ashley

All great quotes, but #3 will always be iconic @IMK

On 8/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, Howl said:

Chick fil a or Papa Johns

Papa

On 8/28/2021 at 10:53 PM, Adam_ said:

Is there anyone who followed you out of DF due to your departure or the circumstances of it? (Even if not immediately)

I was pretty adamant about people giving post-True DF a shot, I knew I was fairly flawed in terms of leading DF through what they wanted the next phase to be, I truly hated RSB-type fights and the kind of culture it took to be good at them. I thought change could have been a good thing for some, so I told everyone that wanted to quit right away to hang on, give it a shot etc. A lot bailed in the community pretty quickly though and a bunch flaked within a few weeks after my departure. Through the summer time more of "my guys" continued to flake who I know would have my stayed if I still had presence there. 

23 hours ago, Vanzant said:

How do you feel about the future of the clan world 

I try not to think too far ahead these days since things seem to dramatically change behind the scenes pretty quickly, but if clans can loosen a little bit more, I don't see why we can't have enough action to go around for a long time. A lot of people tend to blame Jagex for the state of the clan world, but at the current moment, it's shitty mentalities that kick us all in the nuts.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

22 hours ago, Mmbros said:

What were your thoughts on CD?

we were pretty low level noobs back in 2009 with zero organization but we slowly made a climb up through the scene eventually until 2015 when we went pures 

while I was more of a quieter leader compared to the other two leader which were more outspoken and super dedicated in making CD always win I wonder what your thoughts were about ThatBoyRange & Bloodarrow42?

I thought the come up of CD was very fun to watch, I just wished you guys were more independent over the years instead of being a team on and off or whatever. I think clans that started from the bottom were always really positive influences for the clan world, they were way more invested, prideful and understood how to recruit fresh faces. I followed a lot of CD's progress through Itz Stalker, a level 90-ish noob I met at the GE when I was in CR. He had been looting our fights and told me he wanted to be a Leader/Caller etc. We added each other, and I was quite impressed when I saw that that green dot leading fall-ins a few years later when I was in DF, even though you guys were.. crashing us.

I didn't really have much an opinion of TBR, we didn't really interest.

@bloodarrow42 was a bit of an internet terrorist and had an obsession with karate chopping my internet. I never quite understood his hatred towards me (While we were in DF, we were on very good terms imo). I just wished he cooled it on that shit a bit earlier.

20 hours ago, Vanzant said:

Hows it feel becoming 30 in a few months noob

Having a crisis internally, hence the AMA

19 hours ago, Romeo said:

So tell me a untold story 

Not untold to those that were there, but it's fucking hilarious. In early 2011, we were in some kind of ROT+DF vs VR+EOS cluster fight and we were struggling hard. At some point, Omni unmuted his mic and in that unique voice of his, he started to semi-rage, telling everyone to "bring like 8 binds."

Our TS goes quiet for like 5 seconds and Dennis is like... "Dude, what the fuck are people going to do with 8 binds?"

Hilarious in the moment, Omni ftw

aUBwTQ1.png