I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

23 minutes ago, Scumpr said:

You and @Ssj are probably tied in my mind for the best clan leaders I've worked with and clanned with, and  we both know I've been around awhile. 

I am curious if there was a rhyme or reason in yourself coming to me about Tempest early on vs having SSJ? 

Who was someone you would consider a large influence in how you chose to handle leadership in DF? Has this changed in your gap from Df to Tempest? - In or outside of runescape

How does it feel to have declined certain members from one clan as a leader, and allowing them to join your new clan?

Do you still wear Batman undies?

I appreciated that, as mentioned at various points in this thread, I have a lot of respect for @Ssj so that means a lot.

I actually reached out to you before I reached out to him.

cecfaf3752f64a54edfed0ae7f1c8082.pnga7f8e8922ea050048071c5e63c14cd12.png

There were many influences I've had over the years but I'll always go back to Bl4z1ng from Collision. We met in-game just after the wilderness was removed at BH bank and I had remembered him from Zybez. We actually talked in-game for hours about what it takes to lead a clan. What it meant to lead by example, empowering officials and how the small things were the big things, like how being the first person to mass was more important than I had realized. I also took a lot of inspiration from traditional sports, especially how every competitive organization needs to have some kind of culture established and abided by.

It happens, people change over time. In specific to Casey, I'm sure if he got his chance if he stuck around, but declining him was the right call.

Never

aUBwTQ1.png

I’ll never forgive you for stealing all the good poison members before I could recruit them. You got Rene and Pengy and I was stuck with a kid who paid for rsgp via the US Postal service another who introd to di without formally leaving downfall and a third who hacked @Adam

• Haha 2

IkxZxGH.png

0sj0La8.gif

uiKF6Vo.mp4

1C8F9B31-BBB3-4390-9DD8-F36B27BFD592.png

409FD042-2929-4DA3-9AE4-D8C2C23A0CB5.png

Once a leader, always a leader. Respect you fucker. Enjoyed reading your monologue too.

I just have some questions for you:

1. What’s your favourite moment in Tempest?

2. What do you think about Tempest now versus when it was first opened?

3. Thoughts on current Df?

4. Thoughts on current Vr?

5. What do you want Tempest to accomplish in the next year? 

I think on your last AMA and another thread about regrets, you said something about wishing you'd never joined DF. I think it's reasonable to say that if you hadn't however, you probably would have never met a lot of the people you did and had a lot of the experiences you did (for better or worse), there'd perhaps be no Tempest and who knows what else would be different. Do you actually regret ending up with Df vs. another clan ?

Alternatively, how different do you think things would be if you had chosen a different clan?

Do you think some of the DF members being more hostile to you since Tempest opened is because you used to be such a large part of DF and essentially "moved on" without some of the people you'd left in DF?

What is the story between DF / Renegades beef? Seemed like even Frank made a fair amount of fun of Renegades despite you guys being good friends. Was the beef at all related to you being in Renegades?

What'd you do on RS3 when you said you got addicted to playing as opposed to joining CT? Doesn't seem like they have a very active PvP/clanning community.

Who would win in a fight IRL, you or @sheli~ ?

If @Ammastus hadn't done what he did, do you think he'd still be in Tempest now? If not, what do you think would have happened?

You previously posted you'd recruit duck because she is Frank's daughter however apparently she doesn't know Frank and accusations suggest you may have only named her because she is a girl and you have a goal to recruit every girl in the clan world to your Tempest harem, confirm/deny?

Can you give us details about "1" of the more interesting porking scandals in DF?

What do you think of CWA teams? It feels like at least for the past several years, even though some have had pretty good members and ranks, they've kind of fizzled out especially because so many of the members end up being in other clans which end up fighting each other anyways. Do you think they'll ever make a true comeback or will they kind of just remain a mixture of members from several different clans that occasionally get together to have a fight?

On your last AMA you said your greatest fear was failure. I think it's reasonable to state at this point that with Tempest, you've certainly not failed. Do you still have this fear in regards to Tempest/RS?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

What are your opinions on some of these ex-envy members that are;

Currently in Tempest;

Howl

Dr3ambash3r

Scampr

Stewie

Vegeta

Casey

Scampr

Fenix

Vanuckle

High Volume

And some of these that aren't but have been actively involved within the clan world within recent years.

Mona

AR07

Elijah

StevenDoom

Jackson

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

11 minutes ago, Nick said:

I’ll never forgive you for stealing all the good poison members before I could recruit them. You got Rene and Pengy and I was stuck with a kid who paid for rsgp via the US Postal service another who introd to di without formally leaving downfall and a third who hacked @Adam

Dude what

7 minutes ago, Amulet said:

Once a leader, always a leader. Respect you fucker. Enjoyed reading your monologue too.

I just have some questions for you:

1. What’s your favourite moment in Tempest?

2. What do you think about Tempest now versus when it was first opened?

3. Thoughts on current Df?

4. Thoughts on current Vr?

5. What do you want Tempest to accomplish in the next year? 

My favorite moment is hard to pin down, but I think the most meaningful was the first fight we really fought ROT and nobody disconnected after the fight for 10min. That's when I really knew we had something special and the members we here were worth all the time and effort we were putting in. It was a very eerie moment. The atmosphere was phenomenal.

Not a lot has changed since a few months after Tempest started. I'd definitely say we are far more capable than most expected.

Current DF is good at what they're doing. It's not for everyone, including me, and they wear their emotions of their sleeve a bit too much. I think they're very different than my iteration of DF, just like my iteration was different than the previous. Nothing wrong with that.

VR seems to have lost the steam from Evizu's return and the BBU mass join.

If there's a Jagex Cup, I want to win it. I'm literally 0-3 in three straight finals and lost to the eventual runner-up three other times.

• Like 2

aUBwTQ1.png

During your time in DF as an official (non leader) was there anyone removed you didn't really agree with on the reasoning? Was there anyone you felt should've been removed, but it never happened (I think in a previous post on this thread you mentioned some guys who spied for RSD you found proof of, so maybe anyone else)? 

When you were leader, was there anyone you had to kick/remove you felt bad about or didn't really want to do so? Why were they removed?

^ Above, but in Tempest?

What are some of the dumbest yet justified reasons you've kicked people for?

Is there anyone you regret taking a chance on either in DF or Tempest (other than maybe La Hire)?  Whether it was as an official or just letting them in the clan.

How many people have ended up posting intros on DF forums because you sent them there and told them to put you/sheli/frank or some combination of you 3 as their refs?

How many people do you think you ended up bringing to DF in your time there? Is there anyone you think was deterred from joining due to your presence there?

How many requests / offers to leak info or spy have you received over time in DF/RNG/Tempest? Have you ever considered any of them ? What offer was the most enticing?

Have you ever received any serious / meaningful threats from people over the video game?