I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

17 hours ago, Venenatis said:

What are your thoughts on @Bow and how he led RSD? 

RSD is a clan I really respected during my time in DF. Most of DF had a really huge distain for RSD, but I always respected how they went about their business and for a very very brief moment, I considered leaving DF and either joining RSD or returning to CR. Bow was a really big reason for that, not that we were the best of friends, but I really respected how he went about his business behind closed doors. I had a lot of close friends in RSD, so I always heard stories about he ran things and I was really impressed with how he was able to manage so many strong personalities and keep RSD at a firm #1 standing for close to two years.

I do think the way RSD went out was pretty unimpressive, I think he just let RSD simply run its course and didn't plan ahead of time for the difficulties they'd face during EOC. I don't hold it against him, I don't know everything that was happening internally and EOC was a bit of a wildcard for the entire clan world. 

Is there anyone from the BBU clique you wished would have reconsidered leaving?

@NeverSober obviously. A close second would have been Carini, I thought she was pretty chill at the time.

Do you ever want to beat my ass and @david's for being a bit inactive lately?

Nah, never.

Has @Briansurprised you at all while working with him in Tempest? 

I knew he was very intelligent and savvy, but I never really how next level he was. Brian has been an incredible addition to the team.

Name a member in Tempest who doesn't get enough credit for being an MVP.

@Null

• Like 1
  • heart 2

aUBwTQ1.png

17 hours ago, The End said:

Post Renegades, Pre-Tempest did any clans try to recruit you? If so, which ones and how did they approach you?

Yeah almost every clan that could find me via Twitter or Discord tried to recruit me at some point. The only clan I really considered heavily was Cutthroat, I started training a half-trained alt to join under an alias (since I just wanted to fight and just slide under the radar), but scrapped it when I got addicted to playing RS3.

16 hours ago, John said:

like to be my last post on this topic (whopping 2..) - however, 

no questions asked, everything on the table, honest thoughts or opinions on me? 

may see you again soon 🙂

I think you're a good guy, but a little delusional about the expectations of your stream.  I think you've come down to Earth a bit though.

15 hours ago, Adam_ said:

When you and Frank meet up irl who is going to be the bottom?

What were your favorite parts of the DI/DF rivaly? Least favorite?

Why are you still like 1300 total?

When are you giving ranks to @Icedragon D and @keirezz ?

I'll do it for Frank.

My favorite parts of the DI/DF was that DI went about their business much differently than clans like ROT/VR. It was one of the cleaner rivalries I was apart of for a very long time. My least favorite? How over the top DI got at the end about real life flaming me. It wasn't so much the actual flaming as it was how seemingly obsessive it got across all DI/DF threads and subject matter, I feel like it dampened our fairly clean rivalry at the end.

I'm working on it...

When both snap me selfies

15 hours ago, Pengy said:

Did you watch the olympics? If so, which sport did you enjoy watching most?

Just basketball!

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

15 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What do you think of shared members? Obviously in Tempest you guys didn't want it and outlawed shareds with everything but pure clans, and the few pures here seem to prioritize Tempest. Apart from obvious things like conflicts of interest depending on rivalries/alliances and event timing, do you think shared members are a benefit or a hindrance to a clan?

Fuck shared members, I didn't mind it mostly in DF until we hit OSRS. I think country clans are great, but I think once we hit OSRS, they really became more main-like clans (in terms of politics etc.) and it really just undermined multi-clanning rules. I think shared members ties your hands way too often and causes too many issues when it comes to trying to maintain priority and relationships with other country clans.

• Haha 1

aUBwTQ1.png

15 hours ago, Mitch said:

Would you like to run it back on Burger Cat for old times sake?

game_burger.png.1036ee9aa6207062b0f1b2824ced0826.png

Want to take Ryan Broyles off of my hands?

What would you order at a restaurant when we finally meet up?

Yeah, I'm down to do it once. Wya @zoey

Yes and thank you for the best moment in the history of Fantasy Football. For context, this guy Mitch tried to trade Ryan Broyles for Calvin Johnson in like 2012.

15 hours ago, Nancy said:

Why wont you say "how are you" to frank?

Because I'm not weird

15 hours ago, Justyn said:

If You Had Three Wishes, What Would You Wish For?

Would you rather be in Prime DF or Current Tempest?

What's your current new Favorite TV Show?

Movie you are looking forward to? Hello Peter

1x pair of Off-White NC Blue Jordan 1's, a Jagex Cup Victory and for @sheli~ to get her ass kicked

Tough question, I never actually experienced prime DF. With where my life is though, I'll take current Tempest.

Superman and Lois

Spiderman: No Way Home 😉 

15 hours ago, VirgoVaca said:

would you accept Murray1991 into tempest clan?

I don't actually hate Murray

Why wont you admit that you and frank are best friends?

Men don't have best friends

How many bottles of water do you consume per day?

At least 3

If your like was a movie, what song would be on the soundtrack

What was your favorite St Louis Rams team?

1999!

aUBwTQ1.png

14 hours ago, Nanne30 said:

@True 2k8 did you ever danced in the dark side? Went to NH clans like ni for fun?

Why did you always rage quit during the masses?

What made you come back?

How did you overcome beefs between longtime rivals to assemble such a great leadership team?

i remember sadler, other day u mentioned you where him. i had no idea. 

The closest I had was an intro written to ROT in 2010. I had more friends in DF, but also wasn't a fan of a quite a few members. ROT appealed to me since @eggshell24, Le Bennett and @Empire Mind were there and Matt and I had a good relationship at the time. 

Because I didn't know how to quit. So I just let it bubble up and it just kinda happened.

I always wanted to deep down and all the people returning during the pandemic made it possible. I loved reconnecting with everyone and F2P fights with Pandemic (a CWA team Tim/Dwg/Ned/Tika etc. made during the summer) were pretty fun.

I never hold rivalries against people as people, unless they really cross the line. Brian and I have talked about it before, we were on opposite sides for a large part of OSRS, but him and I were never really enemies by any means. Once DI closed and I had left DF, he reached out via RSC, we added on Discord and spoke pretty regularly and even intoed to Renegades at the same time. 

Sadler was a really cool guy, I hope he finds these forums one day.

14 hours ago, BleakTerror said:

WHO IS THE MOST FRAIL CLAN/TEAM MEMBER YOU HAVE EVER MET (not from tempest) 

if this has been asked/answered already oop

He was Tempest briefly but I can't answer this without saying @Ammastus

13 hours ago, Encore said:

What was the hardest thing you had to do to create Tempest?

Strictly adjusting my own priorities to have balance between both of my lives. I basically let RS consume for the better part of 10 years and I was unwilling to make that level of sacrifice again. But once you're in, it's really hard to dial back and draw the line, but it was the only way I'd let myself commit in that way.

• heart 1

aUBwTQ1.png

14 hours ago, Logan said:

What drives you to keep playing this game and putting in the effort leading a clan requires

I love the competition, community, and building something that the members will enjoy. It's fulfilling to see an entire community fighting together for one goal. 

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

13 hours ago, Sir Severed said:

If you had to take one of the three back who would you choose?

Ammastus Sus Venom

???

Ammastus pretty easily, he's still a good friend I'm just embarrassed to acknowledge it publicly.

12 hours ago, Ammastus said:

Would you ever let me back into tempest

I'd definitely take you over other ex-Tempest, but it would be hard to trust you to not do something stupid and enough members dislike you to keep that door closed.

• sus 1

aUBwTQ1.png

11 hours ago, Juri said:

How much of a fault were you or how frustrated were you when DF and RSD had the big rivalry around 2011/2012 and DF were being hunted by RSD through of "many" of our members dating RSD females :D? 

How many times and when and why did you actually thought about quitting DF? 

I was pretty frustrated since I was able to obtain concrete proof of both individuals leaking to Cassandra but our leadership would not convict and remove them from the clan. We basically just let it happen indefinitely since they were favorites of a few higher ranks officials. I honestly crossed some lines/snaked hard to get that information, so I was pretty annoyed it went to the wayside. That being said, I don't hold it against them, I speak to both of these guys presently.

The only time I seriously considered leaving DF (prior to 2018) was in mid-2012. Our leadership was probably the most toxic environment I've ever witnessed. To keep it blunt, At the time, I felt like it was the officials that carried the bulk of the work (Murray, myself and somewhat Kim) versus the officials that weren't pulling their weight, catered to their friends and didn't have the same fire (Runites, Mord, 13brandon etc.). I felt like it just wasn't what I wanted to be a part of long-term and most of my time was spent dealing with bullshit, not on making DF better. I know when I make posts like this, I get some kind of reaction somewhere, but keep in mind I'm simply sharing my point of view from 9 years ago.

My only options were joining RSD since I respected Bow and my best friend, Kim, spoke highly of the clan or rejoining the corpse of Crimson Raiders and fizzling out of RS. This was only a brief consideration, but I did think about it and attempt to befriend Bow to feel it out.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

11 hours ago, Josh said:

Who are 5 people you were never in a clan with but you wish you did - member or official?

What was the healthiest rivalry you've been in / What was the most toxic rivalry you've been in?

Peterh007 - We were good friends when CR/DF were close and was one of the reasons I started hanging out around DF's TS. He left DF a few months before I did (and rejoined for like a week later, but flaked pretty fast) and I had always hoped he'd return full-time at some point. Peter is a DF legend and arguably the best Head Warlord in the clan's history.

Conditions21 - Corbin is someone I looked up to my early times in CR and when I really embraced the opportunity to lead against him when we were big enough to fight EOS and then Corruption. He really is one of the best callers of all-time and those who never heard him will never understand the level this guy called at.

@Dark Invoker - I'm sure a lot of people that read this that knew Marco only from OSRS are very confused. But when I met Marco, I was a huge no-namer and led a very small clan that battled at the bottom of the ladder. He put a lot of belief in me that I was capable of making a bigger mark in a different environment. I'll never forget when he wrote me a very long essay out nowhere via Zybez DM and it's something I read pretty regularly until I made the hop to CR. Obviously we went on to be bitter rivals in the CR vs Exodus rivalry, but I always respected and wanted to work with Marco in RS2. I think we are definitely pretty like-minded, I just didn't see eye-to-eye with his actual execution and decision-making.

@Applerune - I probably like Code a lot more than he realizes, as we never seem to talk that much over the years post CR-CoR days. We've talked about it on TS earlier this year, but like Marco, he helped me realize I was a lot more capable than what I had set for myself in CR. We had a lot of conversations back then about it and I'm sure I mostly stuck to the book with pro-CR answers, but to have a "big" clan Leader be that real with me out of nowhere was much appreciated. I think we are fairly like-minded at our core and I can draw many comparisons to him in terms of being that that newer guard guy to take over a clan with a deep legacy that predates our arrival.

Chopa - Same as Code really, I really valued his friendship when CR/CoR were fighting a lot.

@D2master12 - A lot of Corruption guys on this list, but D2 was my first friend in a big clan. He taught me a lot back in 2007-2008 about clans, how they operated and what it was like being in a bigger clan. It was so long ago, I doubt he remembers as much as I do, but he always answered my questions and I highly considered joining VR in 2009 because of him.

My healthiest rivalry... CR vs Exodus. Unless you were there, you'll never understand arguably the most intense and high-pressure mid-size clan rivalry of all-time. Every fight was very personable, members shifted between the clans, both have very similar goals and it was some of the most fun I've ever had in this game. Apart from @IMK leading a unit to crash us on spare accounts, the was a very healthy rivalry.

Most toxic.... ROT.

10 hours ago, S3lvah said:

Any idea/recalling as to what was brewing between Eomeri and Dalejamesw circa 2010?

Thoughts/memories of when rot "embargoed" DF (2016/2017), and because Fools ignored it, we fought repeatedly in CWA?

Top-# OSRS clans of all time? (Feel free to skip if someone already asked)

How did you like being in FF? What did you think of the calling there? (aside from David's well-known prowess)

I actually have no idea, it may have slightly pre-dated me. I do know Dale had a pretty strong relationship with Northern Gods, so I'm sure it's somewhat related.

Fools obviously had the man-for-man advantage, but I loved fighting you guys. I always appreciated challenges and everything with Fools was always very clean and respectful. You guys were the best country clan of all-time for a reason.

Considering ALL of OSRS as well as F2P+P2P...

Top 10:

ROT

DF/DI

Fools

AF

Rev

Downfall

VR

Wilderland 

EOS

Being in FF was fun, I mostly was there to support @IMK and Tiffany. I thought the calling outside of David was pretty rough sometimes, I thought you calling speed was pretty slow compared to what I preferred, but the piles/tactics itself was fine. On a personal level, I just love energy and enthusiasm. 

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

11 hours ago, Harmr said:

What were your thoughts about me when i was in DF?

What are your thoughts on Vitality?

Do you think DF is ever able to go back to the same quality/memberlist sise as in the beginning of OSRS when we smashed VR/DI for years?

For 90% of the time, I thought you were an incredible member that brought a much-needed enthusiasm to our regular member base. When you retired/inactive, I feel like you became annoying on purpose for whatever reason. Never forget the Polka Unit!

I've always liked Vitality, I feel like they had our back for several years in the DF days. I haven't dealt with them much since returning, but every time we fought it got crashed in like 30 seconds so I have almost no opinion.

I don't think so, they just don't have the kind of people that are natural recruiters and are probably too elitist to draw in potential members outside of their bubble. I hear a lot about their community as well, but if it works for them, then it works for them.

9 hours ago, Empire Mind said:

How did it feel knowing that when we'd grind hours of Left 4 Dead I'd get to be COACH , the greatest character of all time while you were always being the stinky little, Jockey?

I've always thought you were a good  guy, but always one step behind me in games you little Jockey!

I always had so much fun playing Left for Dead with you. I'll never forget the foursome including @Oli and @Kenny

And you too, you were always such a funny bastard in DF, I just wish you were more into the game when I took over as Leader (If memory serves me correct, you were the first shitter I kicked after taking over). I'll always remember when you and I use to sit in Edgeville in like 2009 trading around cape/boot combinations to find what we wanted to lead in.

a

9 hours ago, Ssj said:

If you had to start a clan with no recruits just 5 people pre-eoc era, name those 5 people you'd choose

@Brian

@Bunty

Conditions21

Peterh007

@Applerune

8 hours ago, bomb said:

any porking scandals

Always

8 hours ago, bomb said:

stop fucking afking and get a real job loser

I'm a bouncer and the Hen House

8 hours ago, bomb said:

favorite place to get a nut off in los santos

Pillbox

8 hours ago, bomb said:

why did u say that shit about me being insane

Its true

8 hours ago, bomb said:

any public masturbating scandals

@Gamerdad

8 hours ago, bomb said:

favorite serial killer to change your identity to?

favorite serial killer to watch shit documentaries on?

Jeffrey Dahmer

Ted Bundy

aUBwTQ1.png

8 hours ago, Pietru said:

Anything in specific you would have done differently during your time in DF or Tempest?

On a personal level, I probably would have avoided taking Leader of DF in 2012. 

For the clan, I would have avoided accelerating the pace at the start of OSRS. I wanted to play the patient game and build bigger/stronger as a community to ensure we had the memberbase to compete with ROT down the line (Keep in mind they absorbed the core of Solace and RSD when they opened, and were botting pretty heavily to get ahead). Instead, I think we lost some potential long-term or returning members that were a little more busier or needed more work to commit to us long-term.

As for Tempest, not really. Maybe avoid promoting La Hire or not promoting Fluke from Rider faster.

aUBwTQ1.png

23 hours ago, True 2k8 said:

I should have clearly stepped aside a few months prior, but at some point I really begun to hate what the environment had become when I went a bit AFK and decided to leave DF and clanning behind.

I felt the same way about DF before leaving and planned on quitting RS believing that there was no way in hell Solace would let me join. I honestly enjoyed the community when we first joined post crash war pulling 30 people, but within months you and I were ranked and we were pulling 80-100 people consistently and it became so much work(especially as the app manager or whatever I was) that it was hard to enjoy and the community became less fun. 

Between UBH, CR, and DF, ranked in order, where did you find the most enjoyment/fulfillment and why?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robin said:

Suck me beatiful?

Always

7 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What 10 bunnies would you want to recruit to tempest ? You dont have to include Frank and sheli 

Do you think brian will overthrow you ?

Uhhh... not including IMK or Sheli...

@3lite

@Alex

@Anthony

@Applerune

@Bunty

@Crest227

@Jack

@Ells

@King_Obina

@Logan

@Noble Inc

Nah, never. If I ever started phoning it in or find myself incapable of leading anymore, I know these guys will be real with me.

6 hours ago, Frouke said:

Limes or Lemons?

Lemons just for you xo

• heart 1

aUBwTQ1.png

What would you say about your current feelings regarding Tempest and its current state in the clan world/the position we are in now

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png