I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

16 hours ago, Bunty said:

In spite of all of the personal issues during your time as DF leader, why did you feel like you had to open Tempest? Has it helped you, or is there still work to do?

I opened Tempest 1. Because I wanted to join a clan with our mentality, and it didn't exist and 2. I knew a lot of people were in a similar boat and 3. Nobody else was going to take that first step and start that process. I think you and I know both the way in ended in DF never sat with me after all that time and sacrifice I put into that clan. I never intended to ever lead a clan ever again, but once I made that decision, how things ended in DF was was that extra motivation to make sure Tempest was done the right way. Internally I'd be lying if I said I didn't somewhat eat at me that everything was overshadowed by my last 6-7 months in DF. 

There's always more work to do and there's definitely more I want Tempest to accomplish before it's all said and done. I'm very happy with where it's gone so far.

We've discussed how DF was extremely hard to lead because of the personalities in it, what do you think caused this?

Unless you sat at the end of the table like you and I, it's almost impossible to completely understand what we're talking about here. For better or worse, DF's members, past or present, are some of the most passionate, strong-willed personalities I've ever come across in this clan world. There's a lot of passion and pride that comes with it in all eras of DF and there was definitely a level of friction that always existed between the old and new. When you have all of that passion and expectation, everything is extremely heightened and it reached an even higher level when the highest levels of expectations aren't made or even possible at certain points. I'd be lying if I said it didn't get to me a few times over the years, but its their passionate that drove me.

Rank them - DF leaders all time, yourself included. Give your best guess if you weren't in the clan scene during their reign, and say why for each.

The Legends

@Lego- Lego will always be the iconic Leader of DF, having led for so long through the clan's prime. DF was either #1 or right there when he was in control. The culture he instilled/maintained during this era was legendary. Lego is the Leader I looked up to when I was leading UBH.

@Bunty - I'm sure I've said this before, but Bunty is the kind of Leader I've always wanted to be led by. A true people person that understood the importance of creating winning a culture from top to bottom. DF made some really important steps during Bunty's leadership, but it sucks that his reign was so short.

Death240 - Now it's tougher to rank him higher since I.. never met the guy, so I'm doing this based off the stories I've heard. Now Death240 is a living legend for everyone that he led. These guys worshipped the ground he walked upon and I can't count how many times random people I've never heard of coming around DF looking for Death. From everything I've learned, this guy was fantastic at getting the ground rolling for DF and was the best Leader at mobilizing the troops.

True 2k8 - At the end of the day, DF would have closed at he end of RS2 if not for myself and the team that took the reigns post-Shinobi. We kept DF competing at a high level and steered the ship through some difficult times RS wise in like EOC and the transition to OSRS, never missing a beat along the way. I know I probably have the most mixed legacy between all eras of DF and there were a lot of expectations not met based on DF's pervious success, ROT's comparative dominance on OSRS and the fact that strayed away from over-focusing on DF's previous successes. At the end of the day, we inherited a much different version of DF in 2012 and became a clan that adapted to anything, whilst still fighting at the highest level.
Omniusha - Refer to my post above about Omni. He stepped up when DF needed a Leader very badly. Not ideal in terms culture and creativity, but a DF lifer and put in a lot of effort to keep DF as a top clan. From what I've observed, without Omni, DF would have closed during the first crash war and the history/legacy of DF ends on a very strange note.

Murray 1991 - Obviously this is the one that will catch the most attention, but I don't think Murray understands culture-building and how much of overbearing he can be as a negative force. He's always struggled with things like recruitment and relationship building for that reason. I think he's a good leader for what DF wants to be, bringing a lot of heart and passion to the job, and will easily pass me as the longest-tenured Leader here in a few years. He's definitely the person who's ever had the most passion for DF.

Cutekiyaa - Kim is great, one of the best officials I've ever worked with (She returned as a Council for most of 2012) and I've heard mostly good things about her time as Leader, but her time was pretty short-lived and I'm not so sure how it would have gone if she led long-term.

Whazaa007 - Peter is one of the reasons and I joined DF and he was very good with building relationships with members. Outside of that, I feel like he really struggled with his role and from what I hear, him and Omni didn't work together very well. 

XshinobizX - I will always love Shinobi like a brother and he's one of the greatest officials I've always worked with. His first tenure, he vanished on DF pretty quickly without saying anything. During his second short tenure, I think he was overwhelmed by DF's then toxic environment. 

Veseble - I actually have no idea where to put Ves, from the outside I can barely remember how long he was ranked as Leader. No matter what rank Ryan held, he was one of DF's most iconic faces and his name will always be one of the most synonymous with DF. I'm just throwing a dart at the board with this one. I'm pretty sure he was demoted by Lego or something haha.
Merked05 - Left after like 2-3 months (?) of taking Leader. He's a legend of DF, but not as Leader.
Peterh007 - Left after like a month of taking Leader. He's a legend of DF, but not as Leader.
Schol - Pretty sure this guy just made forums and left. Someone had to be last, sorry Rod.

aUBwTQ1.png

17 hours ago, Scumpr said:

Why wouldn't you meet irl?

Why do you still wear water wings?

Who would win in a fight..... You or @Casey?

How did you bring on the determination to bring all of us old clanners back in?

There was a 10 year gap between when I met people from RS. Honestly, I just wasn't very interested in meeting people from RS as I tried to keep the worlds separate for a long time. I was actually down to meet you that time I was in your area and texted you, I was really there for another hour at that shady bear after I hit send.

Yes

Casey

I wouldn't want to have it any other way, that's why

aUBwTQ1.png