I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are the scummiest/most NH things you've either partaken in on OSRS or allowed to happen in your time without saying anything to deter them? 

DF were definitely doing some shady shit when I joined, but that got phased out for the most part in 2011. Nobody doing it was inherently a bad person, it was more of a retaliation to the clans that were going hard at DF with it. I won't comment on specifics or the people, but it's probably what you're thinking of.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, MILAD said:

how long do you see the clan-world alive for?

As long as RS is alive. I won't be shocked to see a clan like DF celebrate their 20th birthday in four years. Nutty aint it

aUBwTQ1.png

What is the best milkshake flavor?

Got any stock tips?

Edited by C6`

EKoWIwx.gif

fTeqmVk.pngo6bKn2s.png

If you look for the light, you can often find it. But if you look for the dark, that is all you will ever see.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. – J.R.R. Tolkein

2 hours ago, Atvdinner said:

First off I'd like to take the chance and thank you. Thank you for being such a huge part in the claning/ubh/tempest culture. Like you, I'd never though I'd be in a clan again let alone in the year 2021. Here I am and it's because of you. Sooo, thank you. I'm really happy you came along for the ride. To think we were doing this..... 13 years ago is insane. You can never forget where you came from, even though I tried really hard at times  😉 

I remember when you rage quit ubh. It hurt because we lost the heart and sole of the clan. I knew and understood why, I just didn't like it. I lead the pk trip after for 30 minutes of "guys don't quit" and not finding a fight.  Haha yeah what a tough day.. on Feb. 14th 2009.. I knew my future wasn't in UBH for a long time, but it was hard to let go of something that I loved so much. It was a huge struggle, my home vs the competitive environment I craved. 

I don't think you get enough credit for the hard work you put in. I know it takes more than one to make these kinds of things work and I don't mean to take anything away from this amazing staff we have here. Man, look what you have accomplished on your path. Take a minute and just enjoy what we have here man. I appreciate the hell out of it, but even the best Leaders will look a little lost without the right people around them. Anyone who was in either DF/CR and Tempest with me, will definitely noticed I'm a bit less on the grind than I would have been years ago. I really appreciate how on the ball and hard-working our team is here, without them, there would be no epic Tempest story. Everyone has played their part very well.

So i guess I should stop sucking you off here and ask a few things. 

Did you ever regret leaving ubh or cr the way you did? Would you do it again? I do wish I left in more appropriate ways. In regards to CR, I regret not having a real conversation with TJ and Eddie to at least plan a succession plan in place so I knew I was next in line to takeover and I'd be a little more patient. I don't think it was out of left field to say I was capable and it was best for the clan.

True 2k8 was a mix of your old account "true islander" and "Sadler 2k6" right? A week from new to 100 combat if I recall correctly.  3-100 combat in like 2-3 weeks without free trade. Was aids. And yeah Trueislander + Sadler 2k6 🙂 

fcad05d02d205ca0810c6ed5fbafe107.png

Will Tempest be your last clan? Very likely, but the clan thing is hard to shake. I never thought we'd here now, but look at us.

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, The End said:

What percentage of current DF memberlist do you know (https://df-rs.com/memberlist/)?

Are you surprised on the level of animosity some DF officials and members harbor towards you currently?

46% including some people that joined after me I never spoken to more than once from the clan world

A bit, it does seem a bit over the top pretty often, especially when people I've never met get really personal with some of the flames. It's 2021, it's been 3.5 years. Even if they're that sensitive about Tempest/me, I think blasting it in public is just a bad look. But hey that's just me.

aUBwTQ1.png

56 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

@IMK- Every Oliver needs his Diggle

@sheli~ - Needs ass kicked IRL

@Bunty - Just cuz he's the 🐐

Rene - Everything you want in a friend, official, member, murder victim etc.

@Applerune - Has a lot of friends here and I feel like he'd be a good fit 

@Lrd - Would love having this guy around

@Crest227- Fuck it

@Ells - Come back home 

@King_Obina Love this guy

@Pope - Training slowly but surely, but hope he finally apps soon

u really took crest over me

is it cause i said no on day one

spacer.png

• heart 1

~ex envy respected member~

~ex divine forces old school~

7ADJUqv.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Why wouldn't you meet irl?

Why do you still wear water wings?

Who would win in a fight..... You or @Casey?

How did you bring on the determination to bring all of us old clanners back in?

Edited by Scumpr

rdFTH2V.png

Q2HE8JW.gifAdkNBbg.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What would you say your relationship with Retired Forces is like? I remember some time ago after public masturbator joined you @ 'd eman and said it was time he joined as well, however not long after it seemed he was de-bunnied and gone from Tempest discord. What happened?

Is Ammastus ever going to get bunny guest back? 

I don't really have one with RF as a whole, though I did get invited to the Discord sometime last year which was very nice of them. It just didn't see right for me to stick around so I left after a few minutes. A handful have sour feeling towards me for their own reasons, some felt slighted by prioritizing the then-present DF's culture, some see me as a reminder that DF didn't close in their prime in 2009. Regardless, some of them reach out from time to time and even surprise me with their very positive and supportive messages. 

As for Eman, when something cropped up he should have reached out to me personally instead of reaching out to everyone who wasn't Tempest (especially considering he was someone we considered very close to our clan). I have no real issues with him, but he was rightfully debunnied.

@Brian's call since they're boys

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

going to need more elaboration on the zoey story also in regards to the tbow post who are "Murray's boys" ? 

Murray's boys are just people he had a strong relationship with, mostly the GMT/EU unit

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What are your thoughts on idanny - former DF member?

Did you think Chronicflame should have been allowed back into Divine Forces after he exposed Jim for being a spy?

He's an interesting cat that I was friends with for a long time. We made a lot of good memories playing League of Legends in many early afternoons.

The Chronic thing is pretty complex and I use to get this question a lot. The question is... no, but letting him in was the right decision at the end of the day, but I think the timing was pretty piss poor. 

2 hours ago, Victor said:

Im really disappointed that you did not mentioned me not even once

Yeah but everyone knows I love you to death brother, #1 PT/B clanner

• Like 1
  • heart 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, Mob Boss said:

Do you still love me though?

Of course my dude. UBH for life.

2 hours ago, Victoria said:

You and I had a pretty weird relationship around the start of OSRS. I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the drama DF directed towards me originated with you, and I want a confirmation if I’m right about this. You and several people (notably StevenD00m and Romeo) seemed to have a bit of fun stoking that flame. Why?

Also, given how personal this is, what was your opinion of me then, and how has it changed today? Are you glad I decided to join Tempest? Anything you wish you could’ve said/done differently? I wanted to ask you this during your first AMA but didn’t get around to it before it closed.

I wouldn't think of it anything too serious, we were just entertained by your fierce reaction to the cape switching drama and was hoping for some more funny reactions. Trolls want reactions, if you give it, they'll want more. Wasn't as personal as you probably had thought, but I can understand why it seemed like that.

When you were DI I definitely thought you needed to be better at picking your battles. I don't remember specific examples, but I remember seeing you being unnecessarily combative from afar. That being said, when we started to chat in 2016 I thought you were a lot more chilled out.

And of course I'm glad you joined. I think maybe an earlier reach out to you would have brought you in as a day one member, but you didn't reply at some DM I sent about SB in 2019 or something so I didn't bother until you appeared right before/as we opened.

You've been an incredibly positive asset to this clan, I know you're super busy but you're always 100% in when available and know how to lead by example.

• Like 1
  • heart 1

aUBwTQ1.png