I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

27 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

For those not fully clued in on the situation, can you explain what happened? Whose tbow was stolen, where did it go, how was the account accessed and why were you of all people accused?

An old friend had his Tbow jacked from his account, I was one of six people with access, I was quietly blamed (after I tried to blame someone else since I trusted the other 5 hadn't.. sorry person who is now my friend) after I had some words about that old friend. I didn't know I was quietly blamed for a long time until Murray had told people on TS when I wasn't on and it got back to me. The Tbow thing is mostly overblown (mostly by me and my boys in recent years). This coincided with other things, such as my decline in activity that probably didn't help.

Does it not stand to reason to people that you probably could've gotten off with a lot more if you wanted, or was the accusation that you thought you could get away with it?

Not sure, I definitely could have wiped a lot of DF banks without being suspected.

What people in DF believed you took it? What people in DF didn't believe you took it? Who likely knew you didn't take it, but still went along with it for obvious reasons in order to force you out?

Mostly "Murray's boys" and people that had joined after my activity when into decline. I'm pretty sure most people, even Murray, don't think I really took it at this point. 

Do you think any peoples' beliefs on what happened have changed since then?

Yeah, some people that were seemingly on my "side" at the time have 180'd, some that were not have 180'd my way. 

Do you think you're on better terms with DF now than when you left? Or do you think Tempest opening probably didn't help

Tempest honestly torched it, but I'm not super bothered by it, it was inevitable if I was opening a clan that would be recruiting a ton of former DF members and people that were anti-DF in the past. About a year ago I was talked into making a forum account and started posting on the forums, DMing some old friends and reconnecting even with some "Anti-True" people slowly. During the pandemic, I realized life was short so I thought I'd creep around and mend a bit of that fence between us.

What was the state of your relationship with Murray like leading up to these events? Surely there had to have been some major disagreements if he went along with the story that you told the bow in order to force you out (assuming this is what was explained if I recall correctly from your previous AMA)? 

Murray and I had a good relationship for several years. During the shitshow known as DF Leadership 2012, we were sided together against the world really, and we both knew we cared and knew what was best for DF at the time. Even writing this feels weird, but I would definitely say we had a strong relationship for a long time and at some point, we just didn't. I do think he did felt slighted he wasn't considered for Leader based off his replies versus on the thread and felt like he deserved as much attention/credit through the years that I raked in. We were always on different pages in terms of the negative atmosphere he brought to DF, but I managed since I knew nobody loved DF as much as he did.

Honestly the thing that toasted our relationship for good is that he didn't come to me when I coasted at the end and asked me what was up, I found out everything he said about me through members, including speculation that I was skipping events etc. I just felt like it was eternally disrespectful after everything we had been through and I knew me being a member while he was being Leader would just annoy me.

If you hadn't chosen to leave when you did, how do you think it would have ended? Do you think you would've been actually forced out/removed at a point?

I was stepping down no matter what and planned on distancing myself from the community (outside of events) to focus on life. So nah, I'd still be DF today unless I began to hate the fights or something.

Do you think the way you departed DF is why you went to Renegades and essentially didn't give a fuck there, after years of being the responsible one in DF?

Yes 100% lol. To those DF/ex-DF reading this, imagine me playing the role of @Romeo in RNG.

What people in current DF apart from obviously Sheli and Frank would you say you still have a good relationship with? Do you think any relationships with DF have changed for the worse since Tempest opened?

There are a few people that will reach out every so often, but not really. Rene reached out when he retired from Council and I think we have a good relationship again, but it's just him probably.

Have you ever considered rejoining DF, even very briefly?

So I lied about this on my last AMA. Yes, I briefly considered it after having an unrelated conversation with another former DF Leader last summer. I was only really interested in fights at the time and like I mentioned above, life is short. I took one look around and just knew it wasn't for me and my presence would be a distraction at best.

Do you think you'd be accepted now? Do you think you would have been prior to Tempest opening? How do you think that would go?

I'm sure I could mend enough fences to get accepted, but I'm sure it'd be a terrible idea. 

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, Howl said:

At what point did Tempest go from being "this is fun, we're having some fun F2P fights, keep a good community" etc. to "we can be, not just competitive, but #1"?

I knew we had it in us early on, just needed to work our asses off. We had our first real fight against ROT at one of those small clan clusters, 40v40ish and we clawed our way through a tough fight. 

After the fight, we seriously had 10 minute run of us patting ourselves on the back, talking about how fun it was etc. Not a single person disconnected for 10 minutes. It was actually pretty eerie and that's when I knew these members were all about it.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

First off I'd like to take the chance and thank you. Thank you for being such a huge part in the claning/ubh/tempest culture. Like you, I'd never though I'd be in a clan again let alone in the year 2021. Here I am and it's because of you. Sooo, thank you. 

I remember when you rage quit ubh. It hurt because we lost the heart and sole of the clan. I knew and understood why, I just didn't like it. I lead the pk trip after for 30 minutes of "guys don't quit" and not finding a fight. 

I don't think you get enough credit for the hard work you put in. I know it takes more than one to make these kinds of things work and I don't mean to take anything away from this amazing staff we have here. Man, look what you have accomplished on your path. Take a minute and just enjoy what we have here man. 

So i guess I should stop sucking you off here and ask a few things. 

Did you ever regret leaving ubh or cr the way you did? Would you do it again? 

True 2k8 was a mix of your old account "true islander" and "Sadler 2k6" right? A week from new to 100 combat if I recall correctly. 

Will Tempest be your last clan? 

• Like 2

image.png.f81ac5f3ef9f13cb4b51bdb0d06fe4b8.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Months ago when some of us were chatting you were talking about Zoey and mentioned she'd done something and you "didn't want to hold a grudge but it was hard". When I asked who she was and what she did, either you or Virgo said to save it for your AMA. So here we are, who is she and what did she do to you?

Caroline from that 70's Show.

1 hour ago, Lavigne said:

Any man on man porking scandals?

Oh of course, not that as juicy as you'd think. 

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Who is Tiffany?

Vengeful edate, not the only one, but maybe I should have stopped earlier on 😎. It was probably karma.

• Like 1
  • sus 1

aUBwTQ1.png

What would you say your relationship with Retired Forces is like? I remember some time ago after public masturbator joined you @ 'd eman and said it was time he joined as well, however not long after it seemed he was de-bunnied and gone from Tempest discord. What happened?

Is Ammastus ever going to get bunny guest back? 

Edited by Adam_

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Can you give us a full in depth explanation of each porking scandal that has occurred in your long clanning career?

Homie, no, haha. I appreciate the question though. Too much edating in my younger days for sure though.

• Haha 1

aUBwTQ1.png

59 minutes ago, david said:

What’s gets you going? 
do you miss our 5 am twitch hunt? 
what is one thing you miss about me?

why did you forget about my birthday? 
Why are we no longer close? 

Your calling.

Yes.

Your calling.

Because I missed your calling too much (Also, I'm a scatter brain these days)

We are, you're just a busier man these days. 

aUBwTQ1.png

2 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

Caroline from that 70's Show.

going to need more elaboration on the zoey story also in regards to the tbow post who are "Murray's boys" ? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

I think it's already been discussed that you weren't entirely surprised but were willing to give Eric a chance as you assumed he'd grown up over time, which obviously wasn't quite true. It's pretty irrelevant now and don't want to make the whole topic about it so i'll try to fit it all in one post.

Did you expect things to go how they did? At a certain point, I knew something was inevitable. I knew promoting Eric was a risk and not everyone was as willing as I was, but you're allowed a fuck up when you're getting up there in age like myself.

Was there anyone who left/was removed that you were surprised to see depart? Is there anyone you expected to depart who stayed? I didn't expect Ammastus to stream our fight and get kicked. There is one other I expected to stay. I wish he stuck around, but I'm not surprised he had the urge to try something new (his clan history is literally just DF+Tempest+VR). Even if we don't chat as much, he's still a brother to me and I'm sure things will work out 😉.

Did you think Eric would last longer in VR than he did or did you expect that to end some time ago? I thought VR would have kicked him a while ago for inactivity

Are there any refugees you'd take back now that most of them seem to be exiting VR which pulls about 4.3 people including Evizu's client and has one event per month ? Are you already working on bringing back Joe? Lets be honest, none of them want to come back and I think both parties are fine with that. And only if he brings our friend Darnitzva with him.

Were you at all surprised how the DF/VR rivaly went? Seems pretty obvious DF won. Of course not.

Did you foresee VR doxing members of other clans who seem to be keeping their tactics within the game? Leadership primarily composed of people in late 20s doing it nonetheless lol Not sure, I don't really follow what they do as much as I would have 5-6 years ago since we don't really interact or fight.

Did you expect VR/DR to get so close? Yeah, considering they have beef with PD, seemed like an easy call.

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

When you were planning out Tempest did you really see us being here a year later? Or just something that would have lasted a few months.

When we were planning things.. I thought there was a good 70/30 shot we'd be open in a year still (essentially dependent if we'd have enough f2p fights to chew on + could adapt enough of our members into part-time p2p'ers) 

aUBwTQ1.png