I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

There was an AF spy "JoeyLatte' which may have been a FA in DI around late 2015/early 2016. What was the story on how you guys found out he was spying?

This would have been in early 2016 -- while Downfall was reading Ronin member forums we were surprised to see @Wee Man had hacked into DI's forums and stole some DI tech to share with Ronin members. The story was then he sold the forum leaks to @True 2k8 for 10M GP. Do you know who's account was compromised and how Ronin got it (e.g. Zybez leak)? It was surprising to me that DI didn't randomize members' forum password.

What was the motivation to use QuakeNet over another server that had better IP protection by default? Although I did hear rumors of SwiftIRC mods being corrupt, was it truly that bad where they could essentially eavesdrop on any conversation on any IRC channel and leak it OR concern more so they could leak IPs in mass?

There was one DMM where DI made a legitimate push (might have been the Al Kharid palace final one). Had the final location not been leaked to RoT by Jed, do you think DI had a reasonable shot at winning that DMM tournament? 

• sniper 1

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png

8 hours ago, Scumpr said:

Would you have voted trump or biden?

if choosing, Hillary Clinton or Trump?

Creamy or crunchy peanut butter?

From an outside point of view Trump is more "my kinda guy". If I actually lived there my perspective could be very well different though.

Probably the same again

Crunchy

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 hours ago, Scumpr said:

Do you prefer cheese or no cheese with your scrambled eggs?

Does pineapple belong on pizza?

Favorite pasta dish?

Not a big fan of scrambled eggs but no cheese

Pineapple should be nowhere near pizza

Lasagne

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 hours ago, Lavigne said:

Thoughts on the following ROT officials:

Jordan/Plaza, Mike/b289, MattyB, Jared/Jaybird, Zulu, Phaeo, Dark (who the fuck is this), Bullerik.

Plaza: Good guy and I always had a good working relationship with him. RoT changed a lot when he lost control due to his activity declining. Often wonder how different things might have played out if he had stayed active.

B289: Got a long well with Mike. We understood each other pretty well. I'd say he didn't want some of the things to go down the way they did and if he was the sole leader things might have played out a lot differently.

MattyB: Pretty similar leadership style to me up until a certain point. We never crossed paths that much in OSRS due to his inactivity but if for some reason we had ever ended up in the same clan and both of us at the peak of our powers we probably would have been unstoppable.

Jaybird: Only really know him from my time in RSD where he was a good caller and seemed like a good official. Was always surprising he joined RoT and didn't seem like he ever really fit in there but if he lasted as long as he has then he must.

Zulu: Don't really know much or anything about him other than he was their tech guy?

Phaeo: Only talked to him once ever I think so no real opinion of him

Dark: Still don't know who this guy is or how he became leader. Not sure anyone really knows who he is?

Bullerik: My guy. Nah but really I feel in the last few years he doesn't actually care that much about RoT whenever hes around and he's just there to fuck around. He's alright and not as insane as some of the others.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 hours ago, Lavigne said:

Other than ROT, who do you think is the dirtiest clan of all time both in game and out, if it's AF, name the next worst.

What's the worst thing you've seen a player do in RS? (clanworld based)

In game probably EOS just due to their shit house tactics of lapping etc. I guess that isn't dirty more just annoying. If you think back, like way back, luring, etc was considered dirty but really that was all innocent stuff.

I guess the next dirtiest out of game would have to be VR, there's plenty of leaks of them gathering IPs, openly posting doxes etc.

The worst thing I've seen which wasn't necessarily because of clans but involved people from clans was what Pure Str G40 (DS, later DF?) did to Kim. Aside from leaking all her shit, which was one thing, he did some really weird shit like phoning her mothers work etc. This was way before like phoning peoples jobs and shit was even a thing.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

7 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm kind of shocked that given the size of OSRS DI there wasn't anyone who stepped up to fill a secondary tech role. In fairness, I somewhat backed into mine, but still surprising.

Besides Ekaggen DI never really had many tech minded people. Might have been different in other clans not sure.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

7 hours ago, The End said:

There was an AF spy "JoeyLatte' which may have been a FA in DI around late 2015/early 2016. What was the story on how you guys found out he was spying?

This would have been in early 2016 -- while Downfall was reading Ronin member forums we were surprised to see @Wee Man had hacked into DI's forums and stole some DI tech to share with Ronin members. The story was then he sold the forum leaks to @True 2k8 for 10M GP. Do you know who's account was compromised and how Ronin got it (e.g. Zybez leak)? It was surprising to me that DI didn't randomize members' forum password.

What was the motivation to use QuakeNet over another server that had better IP protection by default? Although I did hear rumors of SwiftIRC mods being corrupt, was it truly that bad where they could essentially eavesdrop on any conversation on any IRC channel and leak it OR concern more so they could leak IPs in mass?

There was one DMM where DI made a legitimate push (might have been the Al Kharid palace final one). Had the final location not been leaked to RoT by Jed, do you think DI had a reasonable shot at winning that DMM tournament?

He actually made it to member. The reason he got in is because he got what we termed afterwards a @Teemo ref. Basically Focus Teemo was too nice and if someone asked for a ref he couldn't say no. We didn't really do our homework on this guy properly and assumed because Teemo gave a ref he was fine. We knew AF had some sort of intel but one day they were really blatant about. We were doing some sort of inners and the CC on one side was open. This Joey guy showed up mid event and all of a sudden AF flooded the portal. After that we started doing our homework on him. On his intro he talked about being into anime or something like that so I got @Ashley to start discussing anime with him and it turned out he knew nothing really. At the time Fred S was AFs "brains behind the operation" kind of guy. So I got his IP off RSC and had RoT hit off the IP. At the same time he dced off swiftirc, Joey dced off DI IRC/TS.

It was Guvnors account he had access to. Guvnor had been a DI member back in the day (like around 06). When Guvnor joined in OSRS he used a new forum account (probably didn't remember he had an old one or something). All DI members did have login names/secure passwords. One day Guvnor asked me could he use his old forum account instead. I guess there was some sort of prestige in having an earlier join date/low member ID. This account didn't have a login name, but (and this is the bit I'm missing) the password would have been changed. Now the thing is, DI forums was hacked several times over the years and any account registered pre 2010 (when we got hit be an actual hacking team rather than some random RS dudes) was basically comprised unless you changed password on it to reset the login key. I'm going to assume he re-used an old password from some password list and @Wee Mangot in that way. There was several password lists from DI forums because the algorithm used back then was fairly weak and easily crackable. IPB had a lot of exploits back then.

DI was using IRC long before SwiftIRC was a thing. Probably the only other clan using IRC at the time that I remember was BK. Finnish members in DI were really the only ones using IRC before I took it up and started pushing it. They had already been on Quakenet (It was one of the bigger gaming networks at the time) so we just ran with that. Ddosing etc wasn't a thing back in those days so having someones IP was no big deal. Really having someones IP wasn't a big deal in the entire RS2 run of DI. It only became an issue in OSRS. At the start of OSRS we actually used SwiftIRC for our non staff channels. We still had a staff channel on Quakenet. SwiftIRC moderators were definitely selling IP addresses and since DDoSing was now a common thing it became a pretty big concern of ours. I don't know if they had cleaned up their act by OSRS but prior to DI closing in 2009 there was definitely some leaking of DMs or passwords of some sort because Agentjags would just randomly have peoples passwords but wouldn't tell us how he got them. We concluded he had to have been getting them off SwiftIRC because of his connections with some OP there. (Knew him IRL). If people had their IRC set up on Quakenet properly there was no chance you could have had your IP leaked, but not everyone is tech savvy so unfortunately some people exposed their IPs that way. That's why we started offering the use of a BNC (at a significant monthly cost to me personally) to protect peoples IP addresses. In hindsight we could have just moved to another network. That said Discord was starting to become a thing so we would have moved there anyway eventually.

Yea it was the Al K final where Jed leaked the loc that we were actually in a decent position. We made that tournament mand and pretty much 90% of the clan was well onboard. We got pretty good exposure during it too being on the final stream and people talking about DI/Ghjjf etc which is what we really wanted. Gear/level wise we probably didn't have a shot at winning at it but since it was multi spells at the end anything could have happened. The fact everyone got barraged out before even getting a chance to do anything ruined all of that though.

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

6 hours ago, Sir Severed said:

Who would you say was the worst in game between:

Titan

Sus

Venom

???

Definitely not Venom. Toss up between Sus and Titan. If I had to choose I'd say Titan based on this:

giphy.gif

Though the tinycowgirl vs Adv incident was pretty bad, that was more down to him not knowing how to use the AHK auto tanker

• Haha 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

5 hours ago, Adam_ said:

what do you think of modern day AC? 

In a way I was surprised it was still going just because it's been so long, but I'm not surprised Sp33dy still has followers. He's really good at manipulating weaker minded people. He's very coercive when it comes to getting people to stay if they're thinking about leaving etc. Tells people it won't be better when they leave and so on. Since the average AC member isn't exactly high IQ, then it works. He's not as stupid as people make him out to be.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

It was Guvnors account he had access to. Guvnor had been a DI member back in the day (like around 06). When Guvnor joined in OSRS he used a new forum account (probably didn't remember he had an old one or something). All DI members did have login names/secure passwords. One day Guvnor asked me could he use his old forum account instead. I guess there was some sort of prestige in having an earlier join date/low member ID. This account didn't have a login name, but (and this is the bit I'm missing) the password would have been changed. Now the thing is, DI forums was hacked several times over the years and any account registered pre 2010 (when we got hit be an actual hacking team rather than some random RS dudes) was basically comprised unless you changed password on it to reset the login key. I'm going to assume he re-used an old password from some password list and @Wee Mangot in that way. There was several password lists from DI forums because the algorithm used back then was fairly weak and easily crackable. IPB had a lot of exploits back then.

I ran my own user/password combo list using burp suite until I got a hit. Obviously there wasn't much there (besides the AHK scripts I stole) so I gave the info to Robin to do w/e with. He sold it to True for 8m and gave me half lmao. Reusing passwords is bad fellas!

• Haha 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

What were your honest thoughts on the midsized clan world in osrs? Do you think any of these clans could have and should have tried to make the jump to top clan status? 

Ronin: 

The Rising:

Downfall:

Liths: 

Pure Hatred:

Genesis: 

Forsaken:

Edited by Nick
  • sus 2

IkxZxGH.png

0sj0La8.gif

uiKF6Vo.mp4