resetting osrs

infernodizn

Should stats and everything be reset?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After getting close to maxed etc. RS quickly becomes dull.  Especially when everyone else becomes maxed.  The game is only "fun" for a couple years at most.  I have always wished they would reset all the stats.  Perhaps every 10 years or every 5 years.  Am I the only one that thinks this way?

Now there are 100k maxed stats accounts, everyone is over 110 or a maxed pure

everyone has unlimited banks - if they didn't sell their stuff

everyone has maxed stats

etc.

Edited by infernodizn

I think it would take most of the drive away from people to max an account if they knew it was just going to be reset eventually anyway. 

Saying that, when osrs had just started was by far the best time I had playing the game, so I can see what you mean in a way. When they did trailblazer league it felt the same way though so I get that fix from taking part in the seasonal leagues they do.

• Like 1

At2mSMF.png

nullstikesembryo-1_zps311362a1.png.b94ebbd3311d846a500301cc93b42c78.png

spacer.png

The #1 change that would benefit this game more than any other would be to get rid of the polling system. It was novel at first, but now it's actively detrimental to OSRS.

It's obvious that the Old School team prefers working on limited-time gamemodes more than the main game, because they don't need to ask for permission to create new stuff. They don't need to answer to anybody or explain themselves and every move they want to make. They are free to DEVELOP and do the job they all signed up to do. 

Some day they will realize that the poll system needs to go; hopefully they don't poll it. 

38 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

The #1 change that would benefit this game more than any other would be to get rid of the polling system. It was novel at first, but now it's actively detrimental to OSRS.

It's obvious that the Old School team prefers working on limited-time gamemodes more than the main game, because they don't need to ask for permission to create new stuff. They don't need to answer to anybody or explain themselves and every move they want to make. They are free to DEVELOP and do the job they all signed up to do. 

Some day they will realize that the poll system needs to go; hopefully they don't poll it. 

never thought this was a good idea... its like asking a kid what they should have for dinner.. obviously theyll choose ice cream.  People will generally choose immediate satisifcation over long term when long term is always ideal.

The whole ladder thing's already been done plenty with the DMMs and leagues. Most nostalgia players are in their late 20s / 30s by this point so I don't think pushing everyone to grind is a good idea anymore.

I kinda agree w/ the polling criticisms in that the threshold should be lowered closer to like 50–60 % so the devs can be more effective.

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member