What's your ideal number of days working in-person?

Howl

WFH Preferences  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

0 office. If you've only been working a few years you might enjoy going into the office etc but when you've been doing it for a longer time you'll enjoy full time WFH so much more.

Stuff like commute is an important factor too though obviously.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Nothing beats human interaction, done plenty of remote things and will do in the future - but I don't want to be in front of computer screen all days. 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

All 5. The only good thing about WFH is being able to have my cat around. 

WFH is just straight up problematic. So many people struggling to function remotely. It's an absolute mess. I mean let's be honest, people barely have their shit together when they're working in the office, WFH just makes that worse, not better. 

Edited by Ace

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

12 minutes ago, Ace said:

All 5. The only good thing about WFM is being able to have my cat around. 

WFM is just straight up problematic. So many people struggling to function remotely. It's an absolute mess. I mean let's be honest, people barely have their shit together when they're working in the office, WFM just makes that worse, not better. 

I don't agree that WFM is problematic at all. There are advantages and disadvantages to both types.

The efficiency of our team and myself is far higher in terms of work completion when we work from home. I can focus far better on a single task at home than in the office since I don't get distracted by random things all the time. The amount of chitchat / noise in the office is crazy and really cuts into the amount and quality of work I can complete, the focus just isn't there. At first I thought I would get distracted easily when working from home but it was nowhere near the same level of distraction I felt whenever I was in the office this summer. Secondly when working from home chats are generally more 'professional' as well, when the teams are on MS Teams together or even in a 1-on-1. Online we get to the point fast or skip the small talk altogether. That professionalism, fast to the point style of meetings / talks, allows everyone to get back to their main task quickly and subsequently complete it faster.

That said I actually love the random chats with my colleagues, many of whom I considered more as friends than colleagues before Covid. I think it's good to have some level of intimacy with your colleagues lives as it creates more trust and that generally helps working together more (easier to approach each other for any and all questions). I miss those talks about livelihoods and that's why I dislike being stuck at home all the time.

If you find yourself easily distracted at home (and/or in the office) then you probably aren't challenged enough and should look for something else / talk to your manager about it. I get distracted as well from time to time and that's 100% because whatever task I'm doing at the moment doesn't excite me, doesn't challenge me or in my eyes is simply boring. It sounds like your job drains all your energy instead of just a little bit. Most of my days I get energy after working for a full day, those are the days I look forward to and so should you.

There is no excuse to not look for a better job if your current one drains the life out of you.

I want to work in the office 2-3 days a week. I live 10 minutes from work by bike so commute isn't a thing for me and that is definitely a big part of why I don't mind going to the office. If only the bank stops mandating work from home every time the government decides to implement any restrictions on general life that'd be great... I've been working from home ONLY since mid October and I'm fully expecting to be working from home until March / April 2022...

• Like 2

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~