I am Geezerpunk AMA

Geezerpunk

Sup Ladies. I am the one and only Geezerpunk aka Nosferatozod aka Billygoat101 aka Dropped out to scape out aka Ko'd by Ghjjf @ MB aka Whatever other name I've used and been flamed with over the years. I've been playing this wonderful paint game for 15 years now on and off and have had some semblance of activity and relevancy in most eras this game has seen.

A list of my clans / ranks held.

Clan Jaguar – “Junior Jag Leader”

Gladz –

DI –

AG – “Head Warlord”

AG 2 – “Leader”

DF – “Warlord”

ROT – Honestly can’t remember if I was officially ranked PK leader in ROT or not prior to my leaving.

OSRS –

DI – “Warlord”

I also led/joined a few Single pking clans/teams thru ought that time, but the relevance isn’t super important to the topic at hand.

I was lucky enough to be 1 of the first “popular” streamers for OSRS on Twitch as I was the only person at the time streaming any form of actual Pking content and was 1 of the first OSRS streamers to be partnered.  

It's going to be hard to top the previous AMA's but feel free to Ask Me (almost) Anything and I'll do my best to answer

spacer.png

• Like 2

What were the biggest differences in DI on RS2 vs OSRS? 

You are one of the few clan officials that worked under both Brian & Matt. What could you tell us about their leadership styles. How were they similar? How were they different? D

aUBwTQ1.png

You never got back to me on Discord!

You left fairly abruptly during OSRS, I hope everything has been well with you and it’s good to see you active again.

Outside of RS, what are some of your favorite hobbies? Anything you’re particularly passionate about?

Is there a trait or fact about you that you wish more people knew? (Could be RS or RL related, that’s for you to decide).

Also, who managed to convince you to come back and be active again?

V8OsPdP.png

l4DV57N.png

Y6Bo23z.gif

15 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

What's been your best PK $$$$ wise?

What is the sketchiest thing you'll admit to on this thread?

What clans do you wish you could have experienced?

What's your biggest regret RS wise?

1. This varies heavily based on Era - my biggest "Legit" Pk would have been a little over 1 billion in BH crater when someone was trying to "transfer" items without paying AG2 for protection. 

2. I made quite a significant amount of RL money off DDoSing at the duel arena in 2012`~ when Profash had a Swift IRC mode leaking him IP's. 

3. I feel like I experienced the clans that I would have wanted to, if I had to pick it would probably be EH or RSD. 

4. My biggest regret RS wise was pushing Sandman as hard as I did to spy on DI for me when I was in AG. He was a good friend of mine and very loyal to DI and I kind of pushed and poked until he did it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

Hey Geezer. Was in RSD/DI with you for a small period.

Rank the clans you've been in from best to worst and most favourite to least favourite.

That is actually really tough... I enjoyed my time with every clan or I would have left, I was not one to stick around and force myself to do stuff if I wasn't having fun or enjoyment in it. Largely why I was never with 1 clan for 3-4 years like sometime people were. But if I had to rank my overall experiences it would be as such: 

1. AG 1

2. DI (2007)

3. ROT 

4. DI (OSRS)

5. AG2

6. DF

7. Gladz

8. Jags

Whos the better David and why is it me?

What's your funniest moment in the clan world?
Who did you enjoy leading with?

If there is one thing you could change in the clan world what would it be?

aUBwTQ1.png

GUK0zkS.gif

SwqCHMW.png

52 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

What were the biggest differences in DI on RS2 vs OSRS? 

You are one of the few clan officials that worked under both Brian & Matt. What could you tell us about their leadership styles. How were they similar? How were they different? D

Brian - When I was DI in RS2 he was a mythical creature that spoke very few words publicly and had this no nonsense aura around him. In OSRS he (much like everyone) took things far less seriously. 

I think MattyB and Brian actually lead very similarly, neither made many relationships or friendships with people as to make the tough decisions easier. Men of few words but loud actions. The biggest difference is in their diplomacy, Brian was more open to finding solutions, Mattyb was more of the "I'll kill/crash your clan if you don't do it".

57 minutes ago, Victoria said:

You never got back to me on Discord!

You left fairly abruptly during OSRS, I hope everything has been well with you and it’s good to see you active again.

Outside of RS, what are some of your favorite hobbies? Anything you’re particularly passionate about?

Is there a trait or fact about you that you wish more people knew? (Could be RS or RL related, that’s for you to decide).

Also, who managed to convince you to come back and be active again?

Hey Victoria! I will respond as soon as I'm done writing this response, I promise. 

I left "abruptly" during OSRS but in reality I was getting burnt out and my girlfriend (now wife) at the time and I were starting to get more and more serious. The fact is I gave DI everything I had left in me during that summer run we had together, I was bored and burnt out of the game. I didn't want to step down / retire and ultimately Brian decided to do it for me, it was 100% mutual but I couldn't bring myself to leave as I felt so invested in the clan and our future at that point. 

Sports and video game, any free time I have that isn't spent with my kids / wife is on either video games or sports. I'm a huge Tampa Bay Sports fan (Lightning, Bucs, Rays). 

Nah, I kind of enjoy all the random rumors / misguided takes people have on me, I don't want to spoil any of them lol. 

I had been playing Runescape on and off casually for a while now and with Covid I've been working remotely and as such it's given me more time to play RS. True did convince me to try clanning again though and I was resistant for a while but I saw a lot of old faces and familiar names that I wanted to come chat with again.