Odablock Cancelled and Banned on OSRS

Vanuckle

As you some of you may already know, popular OSRS streamer Odablock recently announced his move to Kick:

On one of his first streams on Kick he was asked to discuss topics which he wouldn't have been able to discuss on Twitch due to their TOS:

This led to his popular GIM team series ending due to other members of the team no longer wanting to be associated with him after making these comments:

245hwn16lysa1.jpg

Today Odablock was permanently banned by Jagex on all of his Runescape accounts for "services" on his account which took place over two years ago:

Questions:

1) Have Jagex cancelled Oda or was the timing of this ban just an extreme coincidence?

2) Does Oda deserve to be cancelled for his comments?

3) Have Jagex gone too far with their woke agenda by banning people in game for out of game actions that don't agree with their agenda?

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

shameful tbh, Oda should be allowed to speak his mind without repercussions whether or not you agree with him

taking a man's rs acc is a step too far

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

1) Have Jagex cancelled Oda or was the timing of this ban just an extreme coincidence?

As I predicted earlier this week, he was going to be cancelled this week. I still expect a statement from Jagex tomorrow about inclusivity, though it won't directly address this situation.

As soon as he even discussed the topic he was a dead man walking. In 2023 you're best avoiding discussing any subject where the twitter mob can come after you.

3) Have Jagex gone too far with their woke agenda by banning people in game for out of game actions that don't agree with their agenda?

This is definitely a step too far. He didn't say anything too controversial in my opinion at least. I don't agree or disagree with his comments but banning him in game for his personal opinion is too far.

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Its definitely not coincidental timing though I dont know I'd say banning the accs is equivalent to cancelling him

No he shouldn't be cancelled but he definitely could have handled the situation better 

If they banned him purely for what was said I'd say it's too far, but he was banned for breaking the rules despite the obvious fact that they looked for a reason to ban him due to what was said. Ultimately a bit different than your usual case but oh well. 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

I mean something bound to happen when you discuss these kinds of topics openly as Brian said, especially over the internet. 

It is what it is.

Tempest-CST-Sig2.png

@etheroxx on Twitter for GFX needs 🙂

SG9UgzJ.gif

Man i hate this fucking woke agenda 

Transformers lmfao, this people arent living in reality and they all look like sht

There is only man and woman nothing else

this attention seekers can smd

Man wanting to compete in woman sports makes me sick etc

normally i would not write something like this but what the girl in the ironman group said is ludicrous l0l!

Banning Oda was targeted tbh

1 hour ago, Brian said:

As I predicted earlier this week, he was going to be cancelled this week. I still expect a statement from Jagex tomorrow about inclusivity, though it won't directly address this situation.

As soon as he even discussed the topic he was a dead man walking. In 2023 you're best avoiding discussing any subject where the twitter mob can come after you.

This is definitely a step too far. He didn't say anything too controversial in my opinion at least. I don't agree or disagree with his comments but banning him in game for his personal opinion is too far.

fBUa3oi.png

1 hour ago, dnd5 said:

Congrats to dino the new best osrs streamer 

image.png

Waaaait is this serious lol

bbe0171816dd2e2703a5c7e35ae3ccad.png

6BkaIin.png
VnG Pur3 / Pur3 str0ng2 / I work high
= Vanguard Retired Leader, Tempest OldSchool =
= Ex Kissing the Shadows Council / Darkness Awaits CouncilCrimson Raiders Moderator - The Rising Elite member