W13

W13

Just now, True 2k8 said:

Why and how did you start Zybez?

Did you use any other fansites or during your Zybez time?

1. Mentioned in my story about Andrew Gower. It was mostly notes for myself - to help me remember stuff when I played the game.

2. Yeah, I used some of the tracker websites: Draynor and RuneHead.

Just now, True 2k8 said:

How did it feel when Curse pulled the plug on Zybez?

Did you many any efforts to try and re-acquire it officially? 

1. It had to happen. It was inevitable. The era of fansites is over. 

2. Not really. I think I've gotten closure. There's no point trying to revive it.

I'm sure there was some kind of rivalry between the fan sites despite very little interaction between all yall. Did you have any you any you like more than others, or vice versa?

What were your thoughts when the Rune Village.. diddler got exposed? Did you have any fear that you had a secret weirdo lurking behind the scenes? Did it make you take any precautions?

Were any Mods ever paid anything at any point?

aUBwTQ1.png

Just now, J0ey said:

what do u use chatgpt 4 in ur everyday life

I subscribe to both ChatGPT as well as Claude. I use Claude for work: mostly for writing and interpreting scientific papers, brainstorming, and transcriptions. (I also subscribe to Otter.ai). Recently I had Claude, Bard, and ChatGPT collaborate to write R and SQL code for me for analyzing and cleaning research data.

I use ChatGPT for everything: analyzing chats between me and people, brainstorming, legal stuff, business stuff, and teaching me stuff. I use the voice feature too- so I talk to ChatGPT while driving.

2 minutes ago, W13 said:

I subscribe to both ChatGPT as well as Claude. I use Claude for work: mostly for writing and interpreting scientific papers, brainstorming, and transcriptions. (I also subscribe to Otter.ai). Recently I had Claude, Bard, and ChatGPT collaborate to write R and SQL code for me for analyzing and cleaning research data.

I use ChatGPT for everything: analyzing chats between me and people, brainstorming, legal stuff, business stuff, and teaching me stuff. I use the voice feature too- so I talk to ChatGPT while driving.

I didn't realize there was a voice version lol, I love fucking around with Bard AI, have you tried it? Haven't heard of Claude but now I'm curious.

Do you have any genuine fears when it comes to AI in the future?

aUBwTQ1.png

1 minute ago, True 2k8 said:

I'm sure there was some kind of rivalry between the fan sites despite very little interaction between all yall. Did you have any you any you like more than others, or vice versa?

What were your thoughts when the Rune Village.. diddler got exposed? Did you have any fear that you had a secret weirdo lurking behind the scenes? Did it make you take any precautions?

Were any Mods ever paid anything at any point?

1. I respect Tip.it for getting in early and sticking around for so long. I respected Clooth, the owner of Draynor, for his innovative website. He has become a lifelong friend.

2. We're all secret weirdos.

3. Not really. To be honest, there wasn't ever that much money with fansites. We were terrible business people. We never really sold anything. It was all ads being served to teens with no credit cards - the lowest paying ads too.

Hey W! 

My question is simple. I have you added on Facebook. You're a good looking dude. How have you been, and how do you pick your outfits? Anything you're excited about in the coming year?

Has Zybez/RSC come up in conversation much IRL? Do you often share that with people that you meet that happen to be gamers/RS players? Any fun reactions?

Do you maintain any current relationships with people that were there for early Zybez from 20+ years ago?

aUBwTQ1.png

Just now, True 2k8 said:

I didn't realize there was a voice version lol, I love fucking around with Bard AI, have you tried it? Haven't heard of Claude but now I'm curious.

Do you have any genuine fears when it comes to AI in the future?

1. Yes. Bard just got smarter, Claude can handle a lot of context, and ChatGPT is just smart and good at spitting out tables. 

2. The first time I used it, I got goosebumps. I immediately saw the global repercussions of this. It has and will change everything. AGI is coming. In 10 years, we will have AGI gods that we worship instead of having traditional religions. These AGI gods will be all-knowing... we will ask them for knowledge and advice. Our prayers will be answered for the first time. They will help us build a new civilization like nothing that has come before. Education will be useless; schools will be shut down. Teachers will be fired. Scientists will have no work. All management will be redundant everywhere. The entire government will be totally disbanded. AGI will be doing all of this and more, while inventing new things like fusion power, brain-to-brain communication, immortality. In the short term, all movies will be made just for us, on the fly. Spotify will play music never heard before, made for us, never to be heard again. It will be amazing and movie stars will never find work again, neither will authors, cameramen, and 3D artists.

4 minutes ago, Yoto32 said:

Hey W! 

My question is simple. I have you added on Facebook. You're a good looking dude. How have you been, and how do you pick your outfits? Anything you're excited about in the coming year?

Thanks man 😄 

I'm doing pretty good. SOmetimes I think, "wow I have no problems in life" lol. 

My outfits are all cosmetic upgrades I have purchased from H&M, Zara, Uniqlo, and Indochino. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

What are your biggest regrets pertaining to things that could've been done better w/zybez? 

Imagine if we had started streaming before Twitch was a thing. And even after Twitch was a thing, we had a huge leg-up in terms of traffic but we never used this. We could've flooded Twitch streams with 1000s of viewers and this would've snowballed those streamers to huge success. We should've streamed 🙂 But yeah, we missed this boat despite many opportunities and signs.

1 minute ago, True 2k8 said:

Has Zybez/RSC come up in conversation much IRL? Do you often share that with people that you meet that happen to be gamers/RS players? Any fun reactions?

Do you maintain any current relationships with people that were there for early Zybez from 20+ years ago?

This is weird but I recently got a new job IRL and my new boss was stunned to find out who I was and that he'd heard of me back when he played RuneScape like 18 years ago lol. 

I have a few close people on Facebook. I've met a few people IRL. But overall: not really. I have one close friend who still works in the games world (more like metaverse) and he played Rs back then but we didn't know each other then.