W13

W13

1 minute ago, david said:

Why do you think the fansites like sharkbrew and others are not as successful as Zybez?

Don't know. I think Zybez got popular just because it existed in the golden window before mobile was a thing and after MMOs gained in popularity. It's also before behemoths like Wikia, Reddit, Quora, etc. which just cannibalized fansites and small, specialty sites.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

Do you remember any clans from "back in the day" ? Do you have any impressions that you can remember about specifics ones?

Nothing too specific but like I said, I loved the drama. I faintly remember VR, RoT, DI, TT, TF, Gladz, BK, DS, WG, and Sabres. Good times 🙂

1 minute ago, J0ey said:

thoughts on the meta verse

Kinda weird how Zuck is totally against remote work for his own employees yet he's pushing Metaverse which is all about remote work.

I'm all for remote work. I did remote work before it was called remote work. (Zybez).

Road accidents kill a lot of people, vehicles cause lots of pollution and global warming, and we lose on sleep because we gotta wake up earlier for the commute. We pay more in rent living closer to our workplaces. So, I think remote work is great and metaverse technologies will make it more acceptable. 

Just now, True 2k8 said:

If you were in a position to make 5 changes to society/law etc. what would they be?

The world isn't fair and many of us have it better because many others have it worse. So, it's hard to be in this advantaged position and want change for those who are disadvantaged. I'm not a philosopher or lawyer or anything, but if we collectively decided to make all global conflicts virtual, i think it'd be a good thing. No more physically going and hitting somebody. Instead, hop on a game and duke it out online.

3 minutes ago, J0ey said:

2024 goals?

They're mostly career goals. In terms of health: I wanna start jumping rope again - something I had done during the pandemic. 

I'd like to take more vacations - and possibly even a totally remote job which lets me live anywhere in the world, thus eternal vacation.

What was the point/idea behind Zybez Exclusive? IIRC the original iteration was a monthly donation rank, was it just to keep up server costs or something?

• sniper 1

aUBwTQ1.png

1 minute ago, True 2k8 said:

Do you ever watch Twitch or YouTube? What kind of content do you consume?

I watch an insane amount of YT. I watch tons of documentaries mostly. And I consume an insane amount of chess content.

Just now, True 2k8 said:

What was the point/idea behind Zybez Exclusive? IIRC the original iteration was a monthly donation rank, was it just to keep up server costs or something?

It never worked. People didn't wanna pay money to a fansite when many of them were paying $5 a month for a whole game. Also, we had nothing to offer them.

2 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

who was the bane of your existence when you ran zybez 

Jagex. I never slept peacefully because of the fear that the next day they'd come up with a new way to eradicate fansites or just somehow destroy their own game.