'THE' & 'THE' Futures with Germs22, Valaraz, and Moombatamer5

Moombatamer5

Hello Everyone!

Germs has tasked me in posting everyone's lil bio so here it is! Enjoy. :classic_happy:

theclanfourmbanner.png

UXpwWf6.png

Germs22

Hi Germs22 here, leader of 'THE' Clan from 2005 - 2009? Preceded by King Cj, Annasweat, and Elfadunk and succedded by Echo8710, Drew22 and Valaraz.

I had started as a TF Political Advisor, then THE Warlord and eventual Leader. I joined THE at a time when Runescape was in its golden years. Hundreds of thousands of teenagers rushed back home after school and logged on and got hooked the very same way I did. I was introduced into the clan world by my old friend Tolden110. I had originally considered joining The Gladiatorz as I had friends in the clan, but the orange cape just suited me better.

Through my tenure, my main focus was a balanced approach when it came to leading the clan. A mix of PKRI, wars, events and PVM. I was also a big proponent of The Alliance which included THE Clan, The Gladiatorz, Jaguarz and The Mighty Red Dragons. During the best of times I saw THE as a family that I chose. I still talk to regularly with members that I’ve known for 10+ years now that I consider good friends. During the worst of times being a leader felt like I was babysitting a bunch of 13 year olds that couldn’t keep from fighting each other lol. I never wanted to be a leader, but I saw it as my duty to step up. THE was and is the only clan I’ve been on in Runescape and I think that’s a testament to how much I loved the people and what it stood for.

unknown.png

Valaraz

Howdy, Valaraz here.

As is custom to say; I started playing RS back in 2001 when it was a fairly modern game. I actually didn't have a decent internet at home but was playing from school and liked the game instantly even though it looked terrible. I started just after they made Wilderness and so I didn't experience that mayhem until later on when PK worlds were introduced.

My first account Seeker82 was banned at some point; I account shared with a buddy who used a simple macro on my account to buy feathers in the fishing guild and yeh. Mod Mark said that there was something fishy about my account when he reviewed it and it was permanently banned.

I then made Valaraz, probably in 2002 or 2003, I'm not sure and didn't really get in to clans in the beginning. I had a few friends, Rigalo and Dragan, that I played with and we just had fun. At some point I heard about 'The' clan and was drawn to it. I don't know why, I had no friends there and probably was considered to being a spy from the get go. I found 'The' via Tip.it forums where I visited a lot and joined 'The' Futures. I think I graduated quickly, I was motivated and had time on my hands in uni.

To be honest, I don't remember when I was a regular member, when I became council and a leader. It was a summer anyway when I became council.

I have a lot of fond memories of 'The' and the times we spent roaming the wilderness. The TS karaokes and the community of 'The' oldest clan no matter what The Sabres said.

Eventually the atmosphere got too dramadriven to me and I retired from 'The' leadership. Still couldn't escape the drama so I decided to intro to TR just to cut the cord straight and eventually joined FOOLS which was my second home. If it wasn't for the friends and the community I wouldn't have stayed for so long. I think I quit around 2010 or 2011. No, actually, it was March 22nd 2011 when I was banned permanently.

Moombatamer5

Where to begin.

I honestly do not remember how I stumbled across ‘THE’ and joined, but I apparently did on November 11, 2005. I have sadly forgotten a ton of names, but I do remember a lot people linked to either good or bad memories.

My memory with ‘THE' honestly began when I posted my application to be a TF PK Coordinator. I even still have a screenshot of my application.

tfpkcorrdapp.png

I got accepted and the adventures will forever be the best memories I had as a kid. I was super nervous having to now juggle high school and a clan position, but I was game. I was super stoked for my first PK Trip until we had hit another small clan. We were a disaster. There was no order. Everyone ran off after random people and we all eventually got wiped out due to poor formation. I was so upset because we could have taken those noobs if we had proper organization. I then decided… things must change. I wanted to rule the wildly! I started the PK Wildy Training Sessions. I can’t quite remember the exact name I gave it but I trained every TF who came how to effectively hug rocks and trees to help conserve HP and how to lose a stack of people and run back to the main group. These were all tactics I learned while PKing with THE and I shared it all with TF.

TF then started to really hit the ground running. We had our good days and our bad days, but TF was slowly growing to be an unstoppable force. We were winning our run-ins with other clans during PO Trips. We were winning our wars. Sometime during this phase I was promoted to Warlord and this is where the fun truly began.

Being TF Warlord was probably the best part of my TF career. I got some great, but crazy, PK Coordinators and while I had to do some damage control with one of them… TF was ruling the wildy. I was slowly becoming a name to target while leading TF or PKing with THE. The bigger clans were starting to recognize TF as a force. I started to chat to a lot of other Warlords from other clans and I officially earned their respect for how well organized TF was when PKing.

Enter DI. I was going to cancel the trip that day, but so many people had signed up to come that I went on with it. No one was prepared for what was to come and it was probably THE best thing I can remember. We get up to the top of the wildy. We walked around for awhile and did a couple of laps. There seemed to be no one out and I was about to call it quits…. Until we saw another group coming. Everyone at this point was itching for a fight and so we charged the group… only to realize we just charged DI. I told everyone on TS to stick to the plan and routine and let’s get them. TF ran out DI that day and I will never forget it. I was laughing the WHOLE TIME and it was simply beautiful. The post on Zybez was a riot and DI had accepted the fact that an army of lvl 90s - 100s just ran out DI of the wildy. Kakashi RX and Fuddy then became very close with me which worked to my advantage. DS had found out our PK times (spies!!!) and were hunting TF down for free easy kills to which ended quickly as I called in a favor with DI. Needless to say, DS got a nice surprise and learned to not f*ck with TF or me.

lololodi8.png

(They claimed this is what happened out in the wildy that day and why DI lost to TF)

I then became TF Leader at some point. It was still a great time but ended up being more political than anything. I wanted to simply go out and lead TF into battle and wipe out everyone and not have to think about all the admin work associated with being leader. It was still a great time though and I feel like I had earned 90% of TF which kept me going. It was becoming troublesome when no one was graduating TF. The reason was simply because people rather to stay in TF than graduate to THE which in a way speaks volumes, but I had to help people realize they had to move on to the main clan. I also honestly forgot when I had stepped down from TF Leader and full retirement of RS but I would have to guess around 2008. 

Shout out to Microhacker, Germs, Val, Gretz, Hypno, Hell, Annasweat, Xerox *Fly to the Moom!*, La Hire, Gslax, Pesky, Cheesey, Diggump, HSCrusader, Sada, Saxo, BOB, and to the many more people that I remember but sadly have forgotten your RSN. Hit me up on the ‘THE’ discord anytime. :classic_happy:

Enjoy!

Moombatamer5

o.O

Extra Pictures ?

K0WOzzY.png

kloMQqO.png

Edited by Flukejiver

LightningRenderScaled3eeeajess.png.5de63e703e1360602b33932411e77eaa.png

I was in TMRD back during The Alliance era around 2005/6. What were some of your favorite events including all of The Alliance. 

Personally I enjoyed the steel wars. Meeting up prior in varrock castle with hundreds and hundreds of people in game just bullshitting. Fun times.

我买女朋友 

AkDy8Vb.gif

MLfh1wf.gif

SyiQsK8.gif

tzrmo9a.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM

@Germs22 & @Valaraz you guys were some of the most respected people from all "sides" of the clan, why were you guys so unwillingy to pull the trigger on becoming a pvp oriented clan? I feel like 95% of the clan wanted this in both 2006 and later 2009, but instead you guyss catered to the minority and tried a please all approach.

@Moombatamer5 I feel like 'THE' could have learned a lot from TF. Why do you think TF's mentality and success never passed on to the main clan?

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

@Moombatamer5 I feel like you would have made a fantastic leader of 'the' main clan, was it ever offered or was it something you ever pursued? I always felt like one day you'd end up leader.

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

5 minutes ago, true said:

Jess, did you ever consider breaking TF off from THE?

When I was Warlord and TF was at their highest... Yes, I had the thought. TF at that time was doing way better than THE and things were getting crazy amongst the clan itself. Things ended up resolving itself though and I was too lazy to do anything crazy so it didn't happen. :495994341_:

o.O

7 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

@Valaraz @Germs22 @Moombatamer5
what were your favorite parts of being apart of leadership?

I think the trust and respect I earned being in a leadership position was the best part. Its definitely hard to please everyone so to earn everyone's respect no matter what was great. :classic_happy:

o.O

7 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

@Valaraz @Germs22 @Moombatamer5
what were your favorite parts of being apart of leadership?

My favorite part was definitely yelling at callers for calling obvious tanks. Just kidding. Honestly, it was seeing old TF members suddenly become promoted to a general because they earned it. Honestly, being in leadership was pretty stressful when you just wanted to enjoy the game lol

8 minutes ago, Dox17 said:

I was in TMRD back during The Alliance era around 2005/6. What were some of your favorite events including all of The Alliance. 

Personally I enjoyed the steel wars. Meeting up prior in varrock castle with hundreds and hundreds of people in game just bullshitting. Fun times.

Steel Wars!!!!! Yes! ? I will also say that I love TMRD. It was like a second home for me. If things did not work out with 'THE', I was planning on joining TMRD.

o.O

• heart 1