Do you think the technologies will ever exist to-

Mk 17

1. Travel close to the speed of light in able to get aboot places better 

No, I don't think so. I think we'll be able to travel at speeds many multitudes faster than we currently can, but not the speed of light.

2. potentially live on another planet, not a shitty trampy planet like Mars which is pretty uninhabitable but one that is much more like earth 

Yes, I think there is a good chance this happens eventually, but maybe not for another couple hundred years.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

No, it is not physically possible to travel at or faster than the speed of light. We will probably find ways to travel faster than we currently do, but nowhere near the speed of light. I'm no expert on modern physics, but the premise is that as speed approaches the speed of light, the mass of the object would approach infinity.

Statistically speaking, the chances of a habitable planet are high. However, the distance would be incredibly difficult to surmount. To be honest, the far easier solution is to stop screwing with our own planet.

44 minutes ago, true said:

1. Definitely not. I'm not super informed, but I feel like no matter what technology exists in the future, traveling at those speeds would turn us into spaghetti. 

2. Yeah, but not for hundreds of years.

facts

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

a very very long time will have to pass

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

4 hours ago, Mk 17 said:

Where did you get Mars like earth from? It isn’t at all it’s -130c - -65c degrees cels, I honestly don’t think there’s any sort of chance we could live on Mars, it’s way too cold for us and would be so much hassle to do, some argue Mars may have been inhabitable billions of years ago but it’s pretty much just a dead ass planet now 

It is most like earth in terms of temperature according to this:

ZtiZMwV.png

spacer.png

FGQRWOa.gif
HJ3n53w.gif
qXPPmoF.gif

6 hours ago, Req said:

It is most like earth in terms of temperature according to this:

ZtiZMwV.png

Yea don’t get me wrong it’s closest in our solar system but then again there’s no other planet like earth in our solar system 

it does get pretty cold on Mars and it’s a pretty shitty planet, I’d hate to live on it but if we can find some sweet technologies to get us abooot the universe quicker we could go to some of the exoplanets that are intact like earth 

spacer.png