Do you think the technologies will ever exist to-

Mk 17

I think the idea of travelling to another planet is definitely plausible, I can certainly see that happening over the next 30 years. 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

No because if they were to find another planet, i wouldn't be in our galaxy and it would take so many thousand light years to reach then no one would survive the journey... Assuming you can travel at the speed of light.  

If it's not in our galaxy, or even solar system, the chance is so low due to the distance. I'd say there isn't a chance...

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

1. Lightspeed travel - Biggest issue I would see besides 'fuel consumption,' which could probably be handled using a nuclear fuel of some form, would likely be acceleration/deceleration. Our bodies can only handle so much of it in terms of G-Force, so while we could have the technology to get up to those speeds it would take incredible amounts of time for a manned space flight. Additionally, steering and avoiding unanticipated bodies in the path would probably limit the use of such speeds. Can we get close to the speed of light, absolutely, would it be useful, maybe?

2. Getting to new planet systems would require either long-term colony ships due to the distance between Us and the next planet system (min. ~1.5 ly) and the advances for prompt 1.

Edited by Quincy

19 hours ago, Dickus said:

We’ll nuke ourselves retarded before we learn how to travel at light speed

This.

N9zVx8X.png

• sus 1

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler