Do you think the technologies will ever exist to-

Mk 17

1. Travel close to the speed of light in able to get aboot places better 

2. potentially live on another planet, not a shitty trampy planet like Mars which is pretty uninhabitable but one that is much more like earth 

I think if the human race somehow survives another 1000/2000 years then we should be able to achieve both of them considering how far we’ve come now. However it all depends if we can get to that long isn’t it

spacer.png

probably but also fair chance this happens too

23 minutes ago, Dickus said:

We’ll nuke ourselves retarded before we learn how to travel at light speed

like you said though i think it's only a matter of time - not as sure about the light speed one as i feel like that could be dangerous and quite problematic for a number of reasons

as far as inhabiting another planet goes i think it's likely in our best interest to find one that would be inhabitable and try to colonize it given how bad we're fucking earth up

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Here’s the thing if our race survives long enough I’m sure there is nothing out of the realm of possibility we can achieve.

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png

The only other thing is obviously how do we overcome the fact that said habitable planet may be 300 light years away I wonder if we will get the technologies to somehow break that even though faster than light travel is said to literally be impossible 

spacer.png

I don't think it will happen imo. Not saying its impossible, but I don't think humans will exist long enough to figure that shit out. Considering Lightspeed is 670,616,629 miles per hour. A space ship travels around a max of 25,000 mph to escape the earth's atmosphere. Multiple that by 26,824.66516 and we can get there ?

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

43 minutes ago, Req said:

1. No.

2. No.  Mars is probably the most "like" Earth.

Where did you get Mars like earth from? It isn’t at all it’s -130c - -65c degrees cels, I honestly don’t think there’s any sort of chance we could live on Mars, it’s way too cold for us and would be so much hassle to do, some argue Mars may have been inhabitable billions of years ago but it’s pretty much just a dead ass planet now 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

I don't think it will happen imo. Not saying its impossible, but I don't think humans will exist long enough to figure that shit out. Considering Lightspeed is 670,616,629 miles per hour. A space ship travels around a max of 25,000 mph to escape the earth's atmosphere. Multiple that by 26,824.66516 and we can get there ?

Yea and then there’s the challenge that even if we get light speed travel potential habitable planets are still 200-500 light years away 

spacer.png

I think the idea behind Mars being similar to Earth is that there are really no planets like Earth (that we know of), so any planets that have even remotely similar characteristics are considered "similar." Think of the canyons, valleys, volcanoes, etc. I won't pretend to know a lot about this subject but you can read here further:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/mars111.php

• Like 1

Kepler has found some hasn’t it, problem is that it’s just based on maths etc where they’re so far it’s hard to truly see them, but they potentially have liquid water etc because they are in the habitable zone, I guess the fellas have to figure out how we can get to them if they’re 1k etc light years away 

spacer.png

I used to think so when I was younger but the more I grow up, seeing things like certain politicians that somehow get into power, tiktokers, and a lot of other things that made me question the human race, I'm going to say.. we're basically fucked

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png