Stormlight Archive

Go Leafs

If you like reading fantasy / science fiction books, Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson has it all:

Epic scope - the world building/history of this book has the same breadth as ASOIAF and the world keeps getting bigger with each passing book

Large cast of characters and we do see development of quite a few of them

Mystery - all good SF/Fantasy books have mystery but Stormlight manages to introduce just enough to keep you interested and then Stockton slaps you in the head with it in book 2. Masvidal shows up in book 3 and 3 pieces you. And then prime Mike Tyson comes and does a peekabo in book 4. That probably didn't make sense but if you like mystery and like learning about the magic system/various mechanics - Stormlight is the way.

Magic - Brandon Sanderson is the magic system guy. He lays out a logic for his system and tries his best to follow it (no random OP spells midway). The system he has built in Stormlight is ambitious and has a lot mechanics by book 4. And I still feel like we don't know 50% of it.

Anyways I haven't finished book 4 yet but the pace of this book is absolute insanity. If you ever decide to read Stormlight, Book 1 will be slow but I guarantee if you stick it out, it will be 100% worth it.

sounds interesting, might have to check it out

perpetually behind on my reading list though, it grows way faster than I get through it

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale