Mains and pures

Adam_

A few days ago @The End (I think jokingly) said I should make this topic, but I do think it'd actually be something interesting to discuss.

It feels like main and pure clans becoming involved with one another has become far more common the past couple years due to certain shared individuals that happen to be in said pure clans, but also in main clans involved in very heated rivalries. I don't know much about the specifics but I seem to remember it first happening with Foe when one of their officials was in Rev and rot went after them, only for them to later ally with rot themselves. It seems like Zenith and Apex are currently on the side of rot, while Rage is on the side of rev/af. Not sure about other clans. It seems like it's a double edged sword to me because on one hand it would allow both clans to gain new members as the main clans seek to recruit from pures and vise versa, but this also seems to often make the pure clans dependent on the main clans. Other main clans come after the pures due to their associations and it all turns into one big cancer fest it seems. I also find it ironic that I see so much propaganda thrown around from both sides about their pure clan alliances as if both sides aren't doing the same thing but I guess that's how things are now anyways. 

Would you consider this a healthy dynamic for the clan world? It can bring in people to both the main and pure scene, but it seems like it may do more damage to a lot of the pure clans than they may be getting benefit.

Would be curious to hear what people who have more knowledge on the situation would have to say including those in pure clans

Edit: Forgot to mention I also think it's bad because it seems to result in main clans spending a lot of their time babysitting pure clans which I doubt their members like doing, also seems like some main clans go after pures since they're easy targets for a morale boost, but then they get too far in and end up kind of stuck dealing with it, which I also doubt is too fun

Edited by Adam_

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

In my experience as a clan leader and regular member.

I've always noticed the majority of people who are from the pure world coming to the main scene. Which does not include when main clan members also join the pure scene.

They tend to be a little less mature. Involved with tactics that definitely would not work with clans such as tempest. 

Am I saying people are incapable of changing? No,  of course not. The standards a main clan has compared to the pure scene are pretty far apart though. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

2 minutes ago, Vanzant said:

In my experience as a clan leader and regular member.

I've always noticed the majority of people who are from the pure world coming to the main scene. Which does not include when main clan members also join the pure scene.

They tend to be a little less mature. Involved with tactics that definitely would not work with clans such as tempest. 

Am I saying people are incapable of changing? No,  of course not. The standards a main clan has compared to the pure scene are pretty far apart though. 

Yea I always hear people in main clans complain about pures but hard to tell the reasoning or how much of it is just banter/bias as opposed to genuine reasoning, especially since it's not something i've ever really personally been around. Most of the people i've pked with have always been mains and when I did hang out with pures, there wasn't too many mains around or very much pure v. main argument since we were all mostly just friends. 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

6 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Yea I always hear people in main clans complain about pures but hard to tell the reasoning or how much of it is just banter/bias as opposed to genuine reasoning, especially since it's not something i've ever really personally been around. Most of the people i've pked with have always been mains and when I did hang out with pures, there wasn't too many mains around or very much pure v. main argument since we were all mostly just friends. 

Pure pking is fun for sure. Just the standard gap is quite large. 

• Like 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I think the main clans which have become involved with pure clans are incredibly unhealthy on their own. The scene is quite toxic, and the pure scene has become a cold war-esque proxy war for the main scene. It's honestly pretty cringe, and is just draining the pure clan scene of clanners. People quit pure clanning p much every week, in every single clan that's involved. 1v1 pure fights don't really exist anymore, and our weekend trips are mostly on med-level accounts and mains. Pure clanning is, in my opinion, much easier than main clanning. To me it's just something I was doing lax on the side and now the main scene entering it is forcing people to adapt and play as though they were mains.

• Like 1

0sj0La8.gif
LvsjxD0.gif
I63VdP6.gif

Pure scene went straight downhill when fuckers started to bring mains regularly. Proud to be in a clan(mm) that never got involved in that shit and still dominated the pure scene. Pure trips were cool when there were no mains and pure cwa was also chill.

• Like 1

pures are retards and should commit seppuku 

• pepesus 1

[13:09] <+Jubita> i just don't care where he is from, idc if he has family issues or was born with mental problems. It's his problem not ours.

giphy.gif

IaUmpCU.png

Pure scene was cancerous as hell with or without the main scene there to make it worse. Wouldn't catch me doing that cringe shit, but at the same time I don't mind seeing clans like Apex slump since that Nox guy is a huge nutrider.

• Haha 1

Pure scene is broken without some sort of mutual agreement between clans to not use meds/mains. I think clean pure fights are super fun, but the current state of the pure scene isn't particularly appealing. At this point, I'd honestly just like to see a few pure clans become even more main-focused and set up fights with main clans: i.e. Rage, FOE, Apex, among others. They barely war on pures as it is, they may as well evolve more. The pure scene and main scene condensing somewhat was bound to happen as clans cannibalize themselves.

• Like 1

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

It's the fault of the pure clans for being desperate for members and accepting shared members that are involved in main beef. You then have absolute trash pure clans like Zenith who actively involved themselves in the beef by hiding with Apex/ROT so that other pure clans couldn't hit them with getting dragged into it themselves.

There's a few good pure clans left out there but they are left with a half broken scene because of the dumb decisions of other pure clans.

• Like 3

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png