AMA - Mat K

Mat K

Do you remember organising the random fight with Corruption? It was some weird range war at the wizards tower lol

Also I remember having a "meeting" with some other top clans officials to discuss clanning. It seems like these meetings happened a few times and not really much came of them - is this something that was down to others at Jagex blocking suggestions?

iVGGSfS.png

BKiub6H.png

Corruption Best Official - 2011

Corruption Best Caller - 2011

Ex Corruption Leader & Dark Ascension Council

On 8/23/2020 at 1:39 AM, Echliurn said:

Saw you mention polling but how do you feel about it now?  It seemed to originally build good will but now i see it as detrimental to the game, players hate change and love to spite others, i think it long run its course and its a shame people still for some reason believe if an update happens then EOC will follow it a day later.

Was the climbing boots going to 76k leaked in advance to players, thats one i used to always and still sometimes do hear about.

Polling doesn't do what it needs to now, it doesn't allow the team to service smaller communities within the game. I think the solution is to educate the community rather than enforce some arbitrary requirement to vote. it's a bit disappointing that we knew this was a problem 2 years ago and it still hasn't been resolved.

I think climbing boots was leaked by someone to a small group of their friends, I haven't any proof but I think it happened.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, Kenny said:

If you could go back and change something from your time at Jagex what would it be?

I think I would speak out more about the removal of the wilderness. I think that crippled clans and butchering the wilderness in the way that it was was unnecessary and the real world trading issue was used as an excuse to change something the Head of Runescape thought was bad design.

What do you think is the biggest problem or challenge the game is currently facing? 

Right now the biggest issue for me is that Jagex and the community are not thinking out-of-the-box enough and so the game won't innovate anymore. You'll get updates which are innovative in the realms of RuneScape but you won't see anything new like DMM again.

Does Jagex mainly focus on RS3 or OSRS? 

When I left it was OSRS

On 8/23/2020 at 10:27 AM, Kenny said:

• Like 2

On 8/23/2020 at 6:57 PM, Lavigne said:

Thanks for answering the prev questions! Big insight into you, seem like a genuine bloke honestly. But I think Jagex always had a penchant for recruiting devs and mouthpieces that really cared about the players, not every MMO has this.

Also as an FF fan and speaking of MMOs, did you ever play FF14:ARR? 

Yes, in the last 5 years Jagex have certianly focused on recruiting people who care about the game. I've never played FF14 - no other FF even compares to 7.

On 8/24/2020 at 8:08 AM, Vanzant said:

Do you miss working for JAGeX?

Yep, you don't work somewhere for 15 years without missing it. In particular I missing working with the team and community and having an impact on the game I love.

7 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

I saw a video several years back of Mod Chrisso I believe? getting their rotten potato stolen from them, what was Jagex's reaction to this? Did Mod Chrisso get in trouble for being so oblivious to being lured? Has any other J Mod been lured for their potato or lost it?

No one got in trouble for it, it was a bug which should not have happened. After it happened a variable was added to accounts which needed to be activated to use it, so it could not have happened again. Paul Gowers Jmod once got hacked (before they were IP locked) but the hacker didn't know how to use it to cause real mayhem, Paul's Jmod had the power to turn servers off.... ?

7 hours ago, JayJay said:

Do you remember organising the random fight with Corruption? It was some weird range war at the wizards tower lol

Also I remember having a "meeting" with some other top clans officials to discuss clanning. It seems like these meetings happened a few times and not really much came of them - is this something that was down to others at Jagex blocking suggestions?

Ah yes, I remember that. THat was fun.  I think I called Corruption out for something and then had to die to them in a war.... I made it easy for them.

There were many meetings with clan leaders over the years, but getting changes through into the game was always a struggle.

How much of a threat/problem does jagex REALLY think gold sellers are? Is it really even a priority for them? I'm sure they know as much as anyone that 90% of the accounts in f2p lumby are gold sellers right?

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

~Tempest Since Day One~

Uzd9hjj.png

o3Itn1Z.png

pOaBr8E.png

5D34cae.png

4fa8336c28b5773b976f4dbff0b8d898.jpg

f8d7082b847774187359236a4726e424.pngo1Uh7MU.png