AMA - Mat K

Mat K

On 8/21/2020 at 4:30 AM, Lavigne said:

Think these are the only questions left unanswered.

But been great to read some of the other answers - thanks. Like Ash, you were one of the few that actually looked like you cared.

Thanks buddy!

• Like 1

Looking back at your time @ Jagex do you think/know of any other Jagex Mods that participated in things similar to Jed? Thru all my years playing Ithere have been plenty of exploits and a few dupes. Were any of these a result of a Jagex Moderator that was kept quiet? 

Just now, Geezerpunk said:

Looking back at your time @ Jagex do you think/know of any other Jagex Mods that participated in things similar to Jed? Thru all my years playing Ithere have been plenty of exploits and a few dupes. Were any of these a result of a Jagex Moderator that was kept quiet? 

Yeah, there were some shady going ons. One QA guy didn't report a bug then abused it after released.... he got fired and I am sure that happened multiple times. 

• Like 1

Saw you mention polling but how do you feel about it now?  It seemed to originally build good will but now i see it as detrimental to the game, players hate change and love to spite others, i think it long run its course and its a shame people still for some reason believe if an update happens then EOC will follow it a day later.

Was the climbing boots going to 76k leaked in advance to players, thats one i used to always and still sometimes do hear about.

If you could go back and change something from your time at Jagex what would it be?

What do you think is the biggest problem or challenge the game is currently facing? 

Does Jagex mainly focus on RS3 or OSRS? 

17 hours ago, Mat K said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this. 

It’s always who built the pyramids and never how are the pyramids ? 

giphy.webp

Leader / Founder at: 

https://discord.gg/zUkKbwF3zW

~ Clans & Teams ~

Clans:

Satan's Men | Sorrow of Knights | Chivalry Legion | Australian Army | The Neggas Clan | Anarchy | Prodigy | KCR | The Migrants | Agony | TuF | Infliction | Ronin | Damage Incorporated | Violent Resolution | Divine Forces | Chivalry Legion 2.0 | Divine Kings | Cutthroat | Currently Chivalry Legion |

Teams: 

Hitsquad - Founder / Leader - Retired/Left

Ayuda/CommunityPk - Officer/Council (Yeah, I did that) 

Bad Intention - Warlord (Closed)

Team X - Moderator (Closed)

Thanks for answering the prev questions! Big insight into you, seem like a genuine bloke honestly. But I think Jagex always had a penchant for recruiting devs and mouthpieces that really cared about the players, not every MMO has this.

Also as an FF fan and speaking of MMOs, did you ever play FF14:ARR? 

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

I saw a video several years back of Mod Chrisso I believe? getting their rotten potato stolen from them, what was Jagex's reaction to this? Did Mod Chrisso get in trouble for being so oblivious to being lured? Has any other J Mod been lured for their potato or lost it?

Edited by I Kill Batty

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif