What makes you come back?

Justyn

I know many people have tried to quit runescape.com at some point or another in their rs career. So, what entices you to come back to this game?

For me it's the community/clanning aspect of the game. I've always loved being apart of a team or organization as I'm a very competitive individual I strive to be the best in everything I do. So, if I wasn't playing sports I was competing in video games. I've lived by a quote for most of my life which is "It's not the fear of losing, but the fear of letting them down." 

So, what is your reason for coming back to runescape.com?

cFTqljb.png

1TecbFa.png

061Hnpx.png

chcyzKa.gif

Clanning and the friendship that brings. Although the clan system is basically non existent in Runescape, it's still a completely unique experience compared to games like WoW etc. How many people have made friends for life from other games like people have from Runescape?

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

The majority of it has to do with free time. But that’s free time I could use for anything, which is where the friendships and clanning come in that brings me to play rs during that free time.

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

Mainly clans/community. While retired From 2014-2020 I would only play for a couple months at a time per year and quit again.

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

I have tried to really quit twice (6+ months without RS). The first was very early on in 2003 I think, I came back in 2004 and made Da Bazz. The second was after Solace died in 2013-2014 and EoC was introduced. I was basically gone from RS though I stayed in contact with some friends. I swapped to League of Legends and played that exclusively for about 2 years. I came back to RS idk why, Mohd pm'd me about Downfall and never really quit since. I had a hiatus from clanning after Downfall closed but kept playing and just started PvM'ing with friends I was in a clan with 15 years ago. Then I joined Tempest.

I'm here for the community more so then anything else. It's also a very good way to spend some dead time though I have been finding new hobbies. I think if I'd quit again it'd be because Tempest closes, Jagex re-introduces an EoC like update (which would probably kill Tempest) or my life drastically changes. But other than that I'm quite happy to play the game. I'm even telling people IRL that I still play the game which was something that I had never done in the past.

• Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

Well, it's the game my computer actually handle better, it demands improving your language skills all the time in order to play the game and enjoy the community aaand warring is unique, you can't find wars in any other game like those of RS.

And there's the spare time thing. 😛

7jmTOjL.png     

Clanning was a big thing for me for a pretty long time. Main part is I've basically been playing this game since I was 14. Left home at 15 and it's just always been a big part of my free time spent. 

When I had my business going and flipped houses on the side. I used to spend my time here so I didn't blow my money on going out.

Things have changed now with a family but with mobile I get to still give into my addiction lol. I just generally enjoy the game now. Not as bug into warring like old times but tempest gives a good balance to both.

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png