Listen the song above you and....

3lite

7 hours ago, 3lite said:

I enjoyed this one.  A lot of energy in the instrumentals and vocals. Thanks for sharing!

This one has quite a slow start (first 1:30 are pretty slow) and has a very different musical style than what you linked.  Feel free to give 'er a try if you'd like

I liked it but i would of sounded better it the vocals was just a little bit louder as the instrument sound drowned it out.

• Like 1

1239631627_SIGNWITHNAME.jpg.3e7df112b0192aef377d05ae817f2032.jpg

Plenty metal in here, good!

• Like 1

Please expand for maximum vomit

12th April 2021

PeJ2vHv.png 

24th April 2021

7vl4sq5.png

12th May 2021 

x1HmkNF.png

spacer.png

TRWF PK Leader ¦ Legends Never Die Leader ¦ Clan Envy Warlord

On 5/12/2021 at 4:57 AM, alice said:

Thanks for sharing that one. 

Because of the use of synths, I thought I'd try to send metal that incorporates that as well.  Because of the operatic style vocals, I thought about the following song.  Not sure if you'll be into the weird sci-fi theming:

7R85FSe.png

23 hours ago, Clark Kent said:

This one was a really interesting concept - more of a story than a song with a lot of pain in it.

This one tells a story about a man struggling with alcoholism and how uses drinking to combat/forget the pain of life.  Lyrics are in the video as they aren't clean vocals.

• Like 1

7R85FSe.png

21 hours ago, 10th Reaper said:

I liked it but i would of sounded better it the vocals was just a little bit louder as the instrument sound drowned it out.

I agree with that.

• Like 1

7R85FSe.png

18 hours ago, Scleritis said:

Scleritis with the really tough rap songs to find analogues for.  I focused on the lyrics being about other rappers dissing.

Going to link a pretty weird one back to you, but given that we're all Runescape nerds, it might be worth a shot.  This one is what I would consider fantasy genre style trash talk.

• Like 1

7R85FSe.png

11 hours ago, Kuraminha said:

Best part definitely 08:20 onwards. This is a timeless masterpiece.

Really appreciated that.  Hadn't listened to Nightwish in a really long time and don't remember ever listening to this song in particular.  The ending was really epic and I'll probably go back and relisten to it.

The symphonic and "epic" style reminds me a lot of this band.  It definitely ramps up as the song goes on.  I think you'll enjoy this song a lot:

• heart 1

7R85FSe.png

7 hours ago, Stewie said:

Plenty metal in here, good!

Know this album well. 🤘  Good choice - I enjoy my deathcore.  Going to go listen back through the whole album now.

I could post back some deathcore, but the thread is about trying to expose people to stuff they wouldn't normally listen to.  So here is a very different, but (I think) very good Chinese black metal band:

7R85FSe.png

From here on out, I think I'm going to try to change up the style of the thread.  Rather than me sending back metal, it should be folks trying to enjoy something new from the poster above and then responding by posting something in a different genre that you think they may enjoy.

See the original post for the updated format!

Edited by 3lite

7R85FSe.png

14 minutes ago, 3lite said:

Really appreciated that.  Hadn't listened to Nightwish in a really long time and don't remember ever listening to this song in particular.  The ending was really epic and I'll probably go back and relisten to it.

The symphonic and "epic" style reminds me a lot of this band.  It definitely ramps up as the song goes on.  I think you'll enjoy this song a lot:

I'm glad you liked. I don't consider myself a metalhead to the point I know shit but I definitely enjoy it, specially symphonic styles.

As for your song, damn. It is only in metal you can have an angelical melody fitting in a demon's scream. That's another level. Thanks for sharing!

7jmTOjL.png     

3 hours ago, 3lite said:

You are a man of very good taste, my favourite band; Wintersun, followed them since 2004.

Assuming you'll have heard Jari's first band Ensiferum? If not

Please expand for maximum vomit

12th April 2021

PeJ2vHv.png 

24th April 2021

7vl4sq5.png

12th May 2021 

x1HmkNF.png

spacer.png

TRWF PK Leader ¦ Legends Never Die Leader ¦ Clan Envy Warlord

6 hours ago, Stewie said:

You are a man of very good taste, my favourite band; Wintersun, followed them since 2004.

Assuming you'll have heard Jari's first band Ensiferum? If not

Love Ensiferum. Don't mind the new Ensiferum, but I liked Lindross better in Norther.

Followed Jari since a similar time to you.  If you haven't heard it before, check out his early works in Immemorial and Artemesia.

Edited by 3lite

7R85FSe.png