I am True 2k8 - Ask me almost anything

True 2k8

Would you rather hear Pietru's voiceover everywhere (radio, television, podcasts, etc.) for the rest of your life or serve 5 years in prison with Firehands as your guard

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

26 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

I think on your last AMA and another thread about regrets, you said something about wishing you'd never joined DF. I think it's reasonable to say that if you hadn't however, you probably would have never met a lot of the people you did and had a lot of the experiences you did (for better or worse), there'd perhaps be no Tempest and who knows what else would be different. Do you actually regret ending up with Df vs. another clan? 

Depends on the day you ask me really :classic_laugh:, but I'd say I don't regret joining DF, but I do regret being Leader for 5 1/2 years. I think it would been much better to either not take the role or pass it along much earlier.

Alternatively, how different do you think things would be if you had chosen a different clan? Considering the drive I had for clanning and having like 100% activity from 2007-2017, I'm sure I would have worked my way up in almost any clan in some kind of caller or council position. I doubt I would have been the Leader of most other clans which would have probably better for me personally.

Do you think some of the DF members being more hostile to you since Tempest opened is because you used to be such a large part of DF and essentially "moved on" without some of the people you'd left in DF? 

I think so, my departure never sat well with some of their existing members whether it was how I did it or that it happened at all. I do know there's some resentment since a ton of ex-DF members either joined or hang around Tempest. I just don't think some of them understand that our clans have two very different environments and goals, and people have their own preferences in how they prefer to spend their time. Some took it personally, but at the end of the day, it's not like we hijacked anyone from DF. Just about all ex-DF here wouldn't be clanning if not for Tempest.  

What is the story between DF / Renegades beef? Seemed like even Frank made a fair amount of fun of Renegades despite you guys being good friends. Was the beef at all related to you being in Renegades? 

After I left DF, we basically never spoke about DF/my exit unless someone else brought it up, we usually spoke about whatever game we were playing as a group etc. When I did join RNG, we mostly laughed at some of the banter back and forth, I didn't take it too seriously and I know he was just retaliating for RNG's flames at DF that pre-dated my application to RNG.

That being said, there was definitely a level of heightened of entertainment when our clans interacted or fought. I think it was sealed when DF canceled on us during an F2P Sharkbrew fight since they were unable to pull enough for a 30v30. We hopped to their world and @Gochance1 had us flame them out. Was hilarious and probably uncalled for, but any rivalry or beef that stays in-game is always fun.

What'd you do on RS3 when you said you got addicted to playing as opposed to joining CT? Doesn't seem like they have a very active PvP/clanning community. 

I honestly started playing it out of boredom and I had made a few friends that played RS3. I had fun playing the "new" version of RS for the first time and the BBC crew had like 10ish playing together, with @Havik and I maxing together sometime in 2019.

Who would win in a fight IRL, you or @sheli~ ? 

Obviously Sheli

If @Ammastus hadn't done what he did, do you think he'd still be in Tempest now? If not, what do you think would have happened? 

I think so, he'd be part of the crew that games all through the night, just like he was pre-Tempest.

You previously posted you'd recruit duck because she is Frank's daughter however apparently she doesn't know Frank and accusations suggest you may have only named her because she is a girl and you have a goal to recruit every girl in the clan world to your Tempest harem, confirm/deny?

I don't really know her apart from her being some crazy person who spammed me in CWC Discord and my DM's with calls. I was very impressed as the spam call has been my go to move for about a decade now. As for the daughter thing, that was concluded after a DNA test.

Can you give us details about "1" of the more interesting porking scandals in DF? 

I was actually almost declined from DF in voting because I had beef with a former edate that bailed from CR to DF a few months before me. A few officials essentially had to convince a few people on the poll to swap their votes so I'd pass. If I didn't pass voting, I'm not sure I would have re-applied. Thank you @Blue Wall

What do you think of CWA teams? It feels like at least for the past several years, even though some have had pretty good members and ranks, they've kind of fizzled out especially because so many of the members end up being in other clans which end up fighting each other anyways. Do you think they'll ever make a true comeback or will they kind of just remain a mixture of members from several different clans that occasionally get together to have a fight?

I was in a lot of CWA teams in 2011-2012 but I generally never liked the idea of them on OSRS. They'll get more active as CWA gets more active and I'm sure they'll always be a thing. 

On your last AMA you said your greatest fear was failure. I think it's reasonable to state at this point that with Tempest, you've certainly not failed. Do you still have this fear in regards to Tempest/RS? -

Nah I'm gucci

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, Ssj said:

What are your opinions on some of these ex-envy members that are;

Currently in Tempest;

Howl - Very intelligent and level-headed, I love this contributions each and every day, mostly behind closed doors. Stop using Linux.

Dr3ambash3r - Has a good heart when it comes to clan stuff, but dear god he is a fish in-game. Needs ass kicked severely.

Scampr - Just one of those relaxed dudes that's good for the TS community. Needs to stop asking me why I didn't meet him IRL 7 years ago.

Stewie - Very good RS player, I wish he was more involved with the community.

Vegeta - Would like to see more of him community wise.

Casey - Really like this guy, hilarious and while declining him was the right move in DF, I wish he stuck around afterwards.

Scampr - Scampr is on here twice dude

Fenix - Great attitude

Vanuckle - The voice of our members, has an incredible level of creativity

High Volume - Needs his ass kicked based off our most recent interaction 

And some of these that aren't but have been actively involved within the clan world within recent years.

Mona - Very head-strong, but an important piece of our Discord community when she was here

AR07 - This guy was a really good friend for a long time, I'm not sure what went through his ears since we left DF, but I do miss being able to chat with him

Elijah - I was shocked to learn he leads PD nowadays. He has a good head on his shoulders though

StevenDoom - Was one of the best members we had in DF, but I wanted to bop him in the head at times. Considering a few things, I'm surprised he's still around DF these days

Jackson - Needs to download TS, I always enjoyed having him around 

• Like 1
  • ned 1
  • simp 1

aUBwTQ1.png

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Would you sling @Scleritis (legendary Di warlord) a caller position if he figured out how to unmute his mic? 

Yeah if he got his wang out for the boys

2 hours ago, Adam_ said:

What happened to bunny Paul? 

Goof'd

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Hi I want my 1m refund for that useless never used dummy in my house u made me build

Shh

1 hour ago, Diglett said:

tldr also ratio

What is your favorite pokemon?

Would you fuck a Vaporean?

Mewtwo

No

• Like 1

aUBwTQ1.png

Was there anyone in your clans you just couldn’t talk to because they were so strange/difficult so you just avoided them?

(Sure you could have kicked but they might have been a good member otherwise their personality) 

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

During your time in DF as an official (non leader) was there anyone removed you didn't really agree with on the reasoning? Was there anyone you felt should've been removed, but it never happened (I think in a previous post on this thread you mentioned some guys who spied for RSD you found proof of, so maybe anyone else)? 

Yeah Omni randomly guested Pkbros a few months after he stepped down over something super minimal. I don't remember the context and I don't think he really cared, so nobody made a big fuss of it. But he was an incredible caller and a lot of people really liked him. Most people that were removed I agreed with.

I wouldn't say they spied, that's bit of an umbrella term and I know they cared for DF. They definitely did snake us for a personal friendship and our officials refused to make the right decision on it.

When you were leader, was there anyone you had to kick/remove you felt bad about or didn't really want to do so? Why were they removed?

There were a few guys that hung onto the "retired retired" 😛 rank for so long and we decided to finally wipe it clean at some point.  It was only like 3-4 probably but moving Bunty to HG was a feelsbadman.

^ Above, but in Tempest?

Not really

What are some of the dumbest yet justified reasons you've kicked people for?

@Stl Arrow staked someone's Abyssal Whip and went AFK lol

Is there anyone you regret taking a chance on either in DF or Tempest (other than maybe La Hire)?  Whether it was as an official or just letting them in the clan.

DF - Most AF members, but mostly Panic Twitch. It just wasn't a good fit.

Tempest - *throws dart at board of BBU members not named Neversober*

How many people have ended up posting intros on DF forums because you sent them there and told them to put you/sheli/frank or some combination of you 3 as their refs?

Only like two

How many people do you think you ended up bringing to DF in your time there? Is there anyone you think was deterred from joining due to your presence there?

I don't even have the slightest clue how to figure that out, but I think it's fair to say I was their biggest recruiter for 8 years and had quite a pipeline of regular recruits coming in through the years.

And absolutely. That's a longer list than you'd probably think. Some guy pulled his intro the moment I posted mine lol

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Who is iHockey and what did you do to him? 

He joined DF on OSRS and was a good friend, leaving just after I did.

Hockey is a guy who refuses to admit he's wrong and gets overly sensitive when he gets the same banter he gives out himself. Ironically after he left our community (BBC) he kept in contact with people that gave him way more shit than I ever did, but for whatever reason he went out of his way to stop replying to me. I don't think anyone from our group has made any sense of it.

He did provide some good memes though, like when he argued about the weather that day where someone else lived.

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

How many requests / offers to leak info or spy have you received over time in DF/RNG/Tempest? Have you ever considered any of them ? What offer was the most enticing?

Have you ever received any serious / meaningful threats from people over the video game? 

People knew I wasn't that kind of guy, so I never got offers. And none would be enticing. 

Yeah I've been doxxed and harassed on social media quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

Can you explain what happened with Quincy? 

He stopped smoking weed for a week and got really irritable about something that happened in Rust then BS'd us in-game lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

How many alternate forum accounts do you possess on this website? 

Like 5, I like trolling our own members, especially @Scleritis

1 hour ago, Dickus said:

Would you rather hear Pietru's voiceover everywhere (radio, television, podcasts, etc.) for the rest of your life or serve 5 years in prison with Firehands as your guard

The former

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

Was there anyone in your clans you just couldn’t talk to because they were so strange/difficult so you just avoided them?

(Sure you could have kicked but they might have been a good member otherwise their personality) 

Sometimes I'd need a break from good ole Murdock, guy would get really high and just monologue about absolute nonsense for hours. I didn't mind him as much as others did, but man sometimes I'd just turn my volume down for a bit. Good guy though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

aUBwTQ1.png

You mentioned introing to RoT at one point but obviously you didn't join - what happened?

Who are 5 people still around in the modern day clan world you're disappointed you've never been in a clan with?

Tell us about your dear friend the purple bandito himself?

Fuck marry kill: mattyb, evizu, murray

How long did you follow Arrow for?

Best starter pokemon Gens 1-3?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

18 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

You mentioned introing to RoT at one point but obviously you didn't join - what happened?

It was a second choice to DF, I got the go ahead to intro and I was already intertwined with the community heavily. ROT just wasn't for me.

Who are 5 people still around in the modern day clan world you're disappointed you've never been in a clan with?

I've tried really hard to think of people but I actually cannot.  I guess Viper15000 is around somewhat? 😛 

Tell us about your dear friend the purple bandito himself?

He's someone I've known for a long, long time. There was nothing more I wanted at the time than for him to join CR, but he went to Exodus and became a personal rival :classic_laugh:

Fuck marry kill: mattyb, evizu, murray 

F: Murray

M: Evizu

K: Matt

How long did you follow Arrow for? 

2013 -> until the finale

Best starter pokemon Gens 1-3? 

Charmander

aUBwTQ1.png

How do you decide who does the next AMA or who to ask to do an AMA? Who is on your list?

Do you really live in/near St. Louis? I think I asked you once but not sure I believed you. How long have you lived there?

Are you really Asian? I think you told me you were Asian once but I was skeptical because I found you to be opposite of stereotypical asian people.  

Do you like Chick Fil A?

What does Rene's underwear smell like?

11 minutes ago, Aldo said:

How do you decide who does the next AMA or who to ask to do an AMA? Who is on your list? We have a cool one we're confirming the next one, then it looks like it'll be the great Ghjjf re-hashing it after that one. It's just depends on who is willing, available and interesting really. There's a lot of stories to tell.

Do you really live in/near St. Louis? I think I asked you once but not sure I believed you. How long have you lived there? Yeah I'll DM you on Discord about it 🙂

Are you really Asian? I think you told me you were Asian once but I was skeptical because I found you to be opposite of stereotypical asian people.  I'm half

Do you like Chick Fil A? Yes

What does Rene's underwear smell like? Like yours

aUBwTQ1.png