I am Dickus - AMA

Dickus

14 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Seems like in the clans you had your big stints in you wound up an official of some sort in all of them, do you think you'd have ended up in an official role had Di stayed open? 

IMO the biggest weakness of OSRS DI was the calling depth, so I probably would’ve tried to get myself into their lineup. The expectations for an official in a top clan like DI were quite different than what was generally expected from me in Ronin, so I’m not sure it would have really worked out over a longer period of time. I was way more interested in going out and getting fucked up than staying home for drawn out uncappeds.

edit - I misread the question. There’s no way I would’ve stepped up to call in RS2 DI if it had stayed open. I was way too young and timid about using my mic lol

Edited by Dickus
  • Like 1

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

15 hours ago, Frenchfry said:

thoughts on robin?

On a personal level I think he’s a funny guy and we’ve got a lot of similar interests. We’d probably be good friends if we knew each other irl. Working with him is hard though because he’s got a stubborn streak and prone to outbursts. At the same time, I don’t really know who else would have been able to lead Ronin outside of him. He did a lot for the clan and community and I never doubted his heart and desire. I used to wonder where Ronin might’ve gone if he didn’t have the tendency to shoot himself in the foot.

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

15 hours ago, Howl said:

I enjoy your primary calling, but especially love when you are echoing. Is there one you prefer over the other?

Echoing used to feel like a chore or like I was getting in the way a bit, but I’ve enjoyed doing it in Tempest. I think there was a natural chemistry when echoing for Tim. I prefer calling over echoing in a vacuum though.

• Like 2

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

14 hours ago, Null said:

Out of all the clans past and present, which had the best sounding name and which had the worst?

Best: Damage Inc, Echo of Silence, Reign of Terror, Aggression, Corruption

Worst: TRWF, Divine Kings, Knights of Order, Dragonwood, UBH

• Like 2
  • ned 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

14 hours ago, Vanzant said:

I completely forgot about dangerous business. Was a good read really enjoyed it. My only question was how you got the name Dickus but someone already asked that lol

DB pretty easy to forget about, don’t blame you

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

12 hours ago, Jackson said:

not sure why u left out the 1 % but lost a lot of respect for u 😪

Definitely mentioned the1% at the end you illiterate goober

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

11 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Thoughts on the 3 leaders of Ronin? (Hotgun, Elder Jr and Robin)

Do you think Ronin would have stood a chance against Downfall without all the DDoSing or was the loss inevitable?

Who's the biggest spastic you've ever see in the clan world over the years and why?

Over time I noticed you were further down on the calling line up for a lot of events despite my opinion of you being our #3 caller. Did that play a part in you stepping down from Tempest Captain?

Which freak renamed the #designed-by-nolan channel and why are they so boring?

Why did I get skipped over for Legend? Are riders second class members in Tempest? Is this part of the anti-ronin agenda from Ned?

A question from scooter:

byejPPt.png

Hotgun is an idiot tbf, EJ a nice guy but didn’t have any business leading a clan that could pull more than 25 to an event, Scott was the most capable of them all and it’s not close.

Hard to say if it changes the end result but yeah I think we would’ve at least put up a better fight. Any clan takes a big hit when you completely remove a main caller from the equation.

intentionally spastic - Spencstar and it’s not close

unintentionally spastic - Gotoheaven0, Almosttheir, Ruon3bs

No not really. If anything it just made it apparent that we had plenty of talent and I could step aside to address irl business without putting the clan in a bind. 

Yeah idk it was probably True or Ned. No time for fun when you’re the CEO/COO.

You were skipped over because the powers that be want to suppress any memory of the Privileged rank you held. Also yer Ned probably holding a grudge.

It’s not about being important enough, it’s about finding a way to rustle Scott’s jimmies one last time.

• Haha 1

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

5 hours ago, Dickus said:

I thought he was a decent enough dude, he just had the biggest boner for Brian and DI. I remember joining their IRC channel and all they talked about was Ghjjf and how good of a leader he was. I had no clue who they were talking about at the time so it took me a while to connect and dots and realize how big of a fanboy he was.

Is this why you joined DI?

• Like 1

Trevor#1700 | @Vanuckle

xD1G9fN.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

spacer.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

h0cvjf1.png

What year(s) would you say were your peak as a caller...

- relative to the scene

- in absolute skill terms?

Why do you think TT was hit so bad by the crash war in 2012?

As far as I can remember, you were one of the privileged few 4nrs to attend Fools events. Thoughts on those & on the clan's performance / place in the scene in general?

Did TT inherit its Fools members from DI (via e.g. Lrd) or were there any unique reasons for the synergy?

Fav CWA team you were a part of? (Feel free to expand)

What are your thoughts on OSRS CWA teams (from fighting them with Ronin or otherwise)? (Other than the current few: Team Trinity, FF, Descent, Martians, Whales, Spartans, Elusive, etc.)

Edited by S3lvah
  • Like 1

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member