COVID

John

Not sure if this topic has been posted anywhere but I figured I'd give it a go since I'm incredibly bored.

I caught Covid at work. I started off feeling much like a sinus infection and it got a little worse with a dry cough and body aches. As of Monday, I felt alright but lost a lot of energy. Decided to go get tested yesterday afternoon and within 30 mins, had my test results back that I was positive. So far it hasn't been the worst experience seeing as I still have taste, smell, no fever or anything seriously wrong with me that I can tell. 

Today is day 2 if you will and I still feel fine, just minor body aches and still not much energy at all. Trying to stay somewhat active so I don't go dormant and end up developing pneumonia as I do know that a good portion of people who develop pneumonia end up going to the hospital and ultimately passing away. 

If you've had Covid, what symptoms did you feel?

Let's discuss personal experiences.

(If mods deem this topic not worthy then feel free to remove it, just bored out of my mind.)

Edit: Guess I should've prefaced this topic with information as follows; my uncle is a doctor and has been for 28 years now. Him and I had a discussion about vaccines earlier this year and we came to the conclusion that I didn't need to be vaccinated, instead save it for the elderly or people with underlying health conditions. Didn't realize people were gonna come for me in the comments all bc its my choice to not get vaccinated much like it is a choice each and everyone of you made to get it that have. Figured we were more grown up than that here and wouldn't attack people for their choices. 

Edited by John

Tempest-CST-Sig2.png

@etheroxx on Twitter for GFX needs 🙂

SG9UgzJ.gif

Not had anything the past 2 years been the healthiest I have been, no cold no nothing 😄 Minimal socializing and precautions probably working on that. All vaccinated now and feeling quite content. 

dTUgUvM.gif

9ctxpJn.png.7f176442498d0f43a8e5f6bc3c4efe0f.png

Dont think I've had it, think I'm not insanely likely to get it and if I do I'm double vaccinated with Pfizer so should hopefully be fine . Sucks that you got it but glad it's not too bad and hopefully it doesn't get too bad.

Not really personal experience but I've heard plenty of stories like yours and plenty that were much worse, even from people around the community (not tempest necessarily but RS). Seems quite varied but also seems like new variants are pretty rough on non vaccinated individuals. My state and I know many others are having significant issues with crowding in hospitals and are basically begging people to get vaccinated so they dont have so many beds filling up and people unable to get treatment as a result.

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Had it early in 2020 was really bad for 1 day then went away. Had fever about 105, body aching horribly and no energy. Never had anything like that before lol was more worried about family getting it but they were all good.

Get better soon man 👍

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

Oh I guess I should have mentioned had it again few weeks ago was off work 2 weeks. We think it was from going to the Waterpark. Barely any symptoms this time and not vaccinated. My wife is fully vaxxed and actually had more symptoms than I did but still very mild. Our 11 year old was just a runny nose, cough type of thing 

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png

I had it back in December. Consistent headache for 5-6 days (it never got worse or better until it was gone), fever lasted just about as long.Body aches and 0 energy. Thought I lost taste for a day but I was just playing tricks on myself. Overall it was like the flu+ but without any nausea. My chest felt a bit heavy but I really didn't have any coughing until after the fever and other symptoms subsided.

Also lost like 10 lbs because of lack of appetite

Edited by Matt Robbin
  • Like 1

JlotNFB.gif

5s2DJPC.png

Potentially had it but can’t say because it was before all the testing started. Haven’t been sick since then. Pretty standard symptoms but it wasn’t terrible for me if that’s what I had. 

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

30 minutes ago, Ace said:

Haven't had it to my knowledge. Have 2x moderna. 

Serious question for you though. It's been 9 months into 2021. Why didn't you get vaccinated?

Never felt the need to get it. Don't feed into the bullshit that being vaccinated is the only way to not get it. I've been working as essential personnel since December of 2019, both masked and unmasked in crowded places and not, encountered people from all walks of life during the process and never once felt like I do now. I know plenty of people that are vaccinated and have gotten it, much worse symptoms than what I have and 3 IIRC that have actually been vaccinated and died from it. (1 person was around age of 30, other 2 were mid 50s. None with underlying health conditions but developed pneumonia from being essentially bed ridden, sent hospital and passed.) I believe this was just a freak deal, but I also believe I have a very strong immune system as I don't get sick but maybe once a year and I feel like my body is doing a really good job at the moment of fighting whatever it is inside of me. Not to mention the age old joke that COVID don't want any part of the chemicals inside my body. :fingergun:

• yikes 1

Tempest-CST-Sig2.png

@etheroxx on Twitter for GFX needs 🙂

SG9UgzJ.gif