I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

1 hour ago, Scleritis said:

Was Foy banning fellars off irc, forums and ts for a few highlights warranted in your opinion? As one of the instigators this was a massive overreaction and just made things worse imo. No doubt in my mind all of the people that got involved after the bannings (many who weren't even OTF) did so because the overreaction made it funnier. The telegram chit and the majority of the highlights came after Foy started whacking people everywhere.

Think getting fully kicked was for the best tho as when I was retired I'd come back for the community but my heart wasn't in the game anymore and i'd just stop caring towards the end. Same with @inf` probs.

Why was @Titanscared to get involved in some mass hling with the lads

I don't think it was an overreaction in a way, like someone drops a mhl thats what you do drop a kick on them. Could have unbanned after though I suppose. Obviously the banning made other lads kick off. Thing is though really it was just people didn't like Foyboy right? If Olde had done it for example (think he was ranked at the time?) there probs would have been no real reaction. I could have deescalated it the next day, but as you say a lot of lads were done with RS anyway.

@Titanwas a model member, kind of guy who does his taxes on time (Sunday night during an event)

• sniper 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Embraceanger said:

Is this feature still functional? When did it stop working?

Nah it was like a one off thing we set up. It got leaked by ZKP after when he quit DI anyway so was useless.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Lavigne said:

Was the pips thing randomized then? Because I thought it was post count based like most ipb.

Pips are based on post count on that version yea but Eric added an extra one to mine

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

4 minutes ago, Brian said:

I don't think it was an overreaction in a way, like someone drops a mhl thats what you do drop a kick on them. Could have unbanned after though I suppose. Obviously the banning made other lads kick off. Thing is though really it was just people didn't like Foyboy right? If Olde had done it for example (think he was ranked at the time?) there probs would have been no real reaction. I could have deescalated it the next day, but as you say a lot of lads were done with RS anyway.

@Titanwas a model member, kind of guy who does his taxes on time (Sunday night during an event)

You expect an IRC ban but I think the forum and TS bans was what made it escalate and it just happened to be Foy. I don't think Olde would have banned lads on all the platforms but if he did he would have gotten it too I reckon.

giphy.gif

UCRfdoD.png

tX2cpQ2.png

spacer.pngspacer.png70b696a3da.gifspacer.pngspacer.png

HwzhImT.gif

1 hour ago, Adam_ said:

How many people would you estimate were booted for scamming?

How many people did you catch skipping by seeing them gaining exp/whatever when they were pretending to be unavailable or had other excuses for not being on trips?

I saw a few topics where people were removed because they got banned and it seemed you specified they didn't have accounts that they were owners of in some cases. Would you not allow them to remain in the clan if they didn't own the account? Was this for concerns of it belonging to someone outside the clan and them accessing it to impersonate the person or use it maliciously some other way?

Can you give a bit more info on what happened here? http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117359 

This is the Beyblade (Michael) who went on to be in the most recent iteration of TR right? I heard he was never insanely trustworthy.

Who all was involved in MHL gate? 

http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100296 

Can you elaborate more on this situation? Think I saw another topic elsewhere on the forums but no idea what happened to it or what section it's in, I think it named the person though? 

Why did the people involved do this and did you find out whether more people / who was involved? 

Very few. Maybe 1 guy who scammed a member (Santino#### on Minihansson). Of course people could have done that and not been caught but in general we just didn't have those kinda people in and around DI

Over the years probably 10+. I dunno why people were so stupid in thinking they wouldn't be caught. I'd also catch people reading forums and shit. Skipping was something I was hard on because I felt it was like an insult to your fellow clan members.

Depends when you're talking about. Up until maybe 2007ish we insisted on people being the real owners of their accounts. Account sharing etc wasn't really a thing back then like it is now. That was also a concern though someone goes through the process of joining and next they have no account. We changed that probably around 2008 when account sharing became more common.

He was flaming me in another IRC channel for no reason really and someone showed me. He was a bit of a lowlife that you wouldn't really trust. When we used mace people for +1s there was occasions where him and Benji used pretend they didn't get the item so they didn't have to share it. Might be the same guy not sure though.

MHL gate involved @Scleritis, @inf`, @Neil, and not sure who else. @Scleritis could prob list some more names

A group of people in aesthetics crew basically doxed another member (Darlene) just because they were sus if she was actually female or not. I don't know all who was involved but that guy like got the dox. This was who was in aesthetics crew:

0XiEURH.png

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, Lavigne said:

Also what ultimately led to the PKL decision which according to Inf, was to put it bluntly apparently overdue. I do recall going through a phase I joined loads of teams and would repeatedly call against DI and it was largely because I wanted a shot.

Can't really remember but if it was drawn out and delayed I doubt it was due to your ability or anything like that. Probably more so if we thought you'd be in it for the long haul.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Do you (or anyone) have your old IRC logs? Can you look up the masshlgate logs and post them for posterity? By my math and kick topics, it should have been the night of August 5th 2016.

Deleted all logs from OSRS era. I'm sure there's stuff floating around though.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

50 minutes ago, MILAD said:

Opinion of this? Do you remember what happened prior to this and after?

Honestly, amazing read so far.

Yea, of course I remember it. Those were probably some of the best times in OSRS DI. We were at the top of our game then. Can't really remember when exactly it was but I suppose sometime in 2014?

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

12 minutes ago, Scleritis said:

You expect an IRC ban but I think the forum and TS bans was what made it escalate and it just happened to be Foy. I don't think Olde would have banned lads on all the platforms but if he did he would have gotten it too I reckon.

Maybe and that was the problem. If it was anyone other than me people weren't gonna accept it. Basically meant I had to be there 24/7 in case anything happened. Think that was kind of Foyboys approach though, deal with the problem later rather than get stuck in and sort it out there and then.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

I remember laughing my ass off the entire time, but I think it showed the massive divide between the two types of members in the clan. I think DI's community needed to land somewhere between both extremes of fun and seriousness for the longevity of the clan, but masshlgate was the turning point where you could tell things were going to always be way too serious.

It was basically the divide between the people who had been there between the start and people who joined later on for a serious clan. Having an in between would have been really hard. You stay a "banter" clan, you lose people to better clans. You become a serious clan, you lose the banter people. If you put yourself there in that moment, and want to think about long term which is the better prospect the choice seems kind of obvious. In an ideal world we would have been able to keep both sides happy, but yea.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Thoughts on the following ROT officials:

Jordan/Plaza, Mike/b289, MattyB, Jared/Jaybird, Zulu, Phaeo, Dark (who the fuck is this), Bullerik.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

Other than ROT, who do you think is the dirtiest clan of all time both in game and out, if it's AF, name the next worst.

What's the worst thing you've seen a player do in RS? (clanworld based)

Edited by Lavigne

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Also@Howlbecause I didn't really have anyone to discuss tech projects with.

I'm kind of shocked that given the size of OSRS DI there wasn't anyone who stepped up to fill a secondary tech role. In fairness, I somewhat backed into mine, but still surprising.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale