I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

15 hours ago, Scleritis said:

I've got them around

Might have to read through and make sure it's safe to post tbf

If you're bored some day, look through them and sling them on pastebin for the lads

20 minutes ago, Nick said:

What were your honest thoughts on the midsized clan world in osrs? Do you think any of these clans could have and should have tried to make the jump to top clan status? 

Ronin: 

The Rising:

Downfall:

Liths: 

Pure Hatred:

Genesis: 

I guess we always saw midsized as being below us, but in hindsight we could have generated a lot more action for ourselves by like dropping numbers etc.

Ronin: If there was someone we thought worth recruiting out of Ronin we generally did. We were always kinda friendly with them. Always saw them as a free win in CWA until the infamous 5-0 incident. Thought we were landing a good catch when we got Darklord out of Ronin. A few officials fought for Ronin on spares now and again

TR: Didn't have much interaction with them during my time in DI, more so in Tempest/OSRS. Didn't seem like a properly structured clan and probably damaged the concept of what clanning is in the minds of people actually there.

Downfall: Probably the only midsized clan with the potential to break out of that scene and become a "large" clan. This was pretty much happening around the time DI closed. A real shame the CC leaving stuff was out of control and we basically boycotted for 6 months. Would have been some good fights.

Liths: Free win with @Steikasfeeding. They got better though and became more challenging in CWA.

PH: Didn't really know much about them besides the attempted mass join which was never going to go far.

Genesis: Don't really know enough about them to remember them.

FSK: Actually had a lot of close competitive CWAs with them. Kinda weird clan overall. That Darkruler guy (their leader I think?) was literally the biggest fish in RS. They were salty for a long long time after we banged them out in the Jcup semi final. Seemed to think they had some sort of right to beat us.

• Like 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Apart from annoying stuff like mhl gate what did otf do that would be considered hurting the clan or a bit too much ?

What happened to Cakeboy?

Can you tell us more about the eos mass join ?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

7 minutes ago, inf` said:

Any decisions(or kicks) you've made or occurences in the DI OSRS era that you regret?

Not my kick that was a fair one tbh

Well with the benefit of hindsight it's easy to say could have done this and that differently.

I suppose the immediate things that stick out are to try and deescalate MHL, could have just let the whole thing blow over, but if I did it might just happen again next week and I think most of you lads had moved on from the game anyway.

Probably be less harsh on Alex when he was still showing up as retired on Sundays. Had to tell him let Joko etc call to get experience and he didn't take it well. Never really saw him again after that. That conversation didn't really go well. If he kept calling though I'm not sure how other people were gonna get the experience needed

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

5 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Apart from annoying stuff like mhl gate what did otf do that would be considered hurting the clan or a bit too much ?

What happened to Cakeboy?

Can you tell us more about the eos mass join ?

In general it was just a bad idea to have a group like that because they'd shit talk other members in their channel. I mean people are entitled to private conversations but there was people who were just fresh into the clan being brought into the group. There was also officials in there and if they're seen to be allowing this kind of thing going on it's a real bad look. People are always gonna have channels with their group of friends but keep clan matters out of it. There was incidents of stupid shit like where people were boycotting over private chat (over nothing) and would only talk in their clique channel.

Just wasn't into PvP really.

Not much to tell really. EoS closed and some of them were looking for somewhere to go. Some were actually serious about joining but the majority were there to just fuck around. The ones who were serious stayed and the ones who weren't serious either got removed or left. Didn't really last long or didn't do any lasting damage.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

8 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Did you have any people try to come back from dynasty/bearz? Did any get back in ?

How long would titan have lasted in rot had he gotten in you think?

People knew if they left they couldn't come back so didn't even try. Everyone knew that was a hard and fast rule. If you left DI for another clan that was it forever. http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=104693&view=findpost&p=2985539

He wouldn't have gotten in. It would have been way too serious for him. He only tried to join to spite DI after being kicked if we're being honest about it. DI was always gonna be his home.

• Haha 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

I Remember our Fights. Good times old friend.

• Like 1
  • heart 1
  • sushmm 1

Founder & Leader of Runescape Dinasty

Founder & Leader of Northern Kings

I would prefer even to fail with honor than win by cheating.

What was the catalyst for you checking out mentally months before closing OSRS DI? 

Did other clans (that you know of) really focus that much on individual member quality to the extent that it seemed DI did? With mandatory videos of all types of events, and being kept from applying for member before they were deemed ready? If not, why did DI focus on it so much?

The DI community was extremely difficult for some FAs to integrate with. Do you think that was more of the community's fault not being open and receptive to new faces and actually trying to integrate new applicants in? I remember it being pretty hard to talk to anybody that wasn't a rank or Junior who I had known for 10+ years, so I can sympathize with FAs that were told their involvement sucked.

You said you never let any of the negative comments or shit talking get to you over the years, I was wondering if you let the compliments and praises people have for you sink in sometimes, would it be fair to say it's given you some sort of confidence in your own decision making when it comes to stuff outside of rs and clans?

As a member of old Di, Flako Rlz seemed to be an invaluable asset to the leadership and general day to day running of the clan, when did you start to take notice of him and think he would be good in an official role and what qualities did you see in him?

Who would you say was the best mb pker in Di and why?

As for films, what would be the most recent film you would consider a favourite? 

What is it about the older films you enjoy? or is it more of a dislike of modern cinema?

At2mSMF.png

nullstikesembryo-1_zps311362a1.png.b94ebbd3311d846a500301cc93b42c78.png

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

What was the catalyst for you checking out mentally months before closing OSRS DI? 

Did other clans (that you know of) really focus that much on individual member quality to the extent that it seemed DI did? With mandatory videos of all types of events, and being kept from applying for member before they were deemed ready? If not, why did DI focus on it so much?

The DI community was extremely difficult for some FAs to integrate with. Do you think that was more of the community's fault not being open and receptive to new faces and actually trying to integrate new applicants in? I remember it being pretty hard to talk to anybody that wasn't a rank or Junior who I had known for 10+ years, so I can sympathize with FAs that were told their involvement sucked.

I wouldn't say there was one thing in particular. Just after doing so many years of it it's mentally tiring. It was kind of the same at the end of RS2 era. It just takes over your life and you want to be set free from that at some stage. That said at that time the majority of the events were happening outside my timezone too so when my day to day hands on involvement was reduced I wasn't as motivated as before. I'd say also by that time all the old guard had moved on from RS and there was a lot less people for me to chat with.

Probably the only other clan as focused on quality as us around that time was RoT. They didn't need to use the methods we did because I guess you just got the boot there if you weren't up to scratch. Really all we wanted to do was bring everyone's quality up. I'd think most of the evidence showed that our methods were working. Our CWA performances improved big time and we had deep runs in the jcup, beating Fools etc.

Historically it was always that way. I think the DI community was a lot different than other clans. If you look at it we had the "forum" community and the inner clan community. The forum community was something completely unique to DI. The two communities didn't really mix well with each other. I think this forced a lot of the inner clan community to keep to themselves and they weren't very outward. When your community is hidden away like that it makes it very difficult for new people to get in. I don't really blame the inner clan community for being that way. Our public forums and IRC could be intimidating places. I'm not sure what we could have done about it other than basically getting rid of the "forum" community, which I doubt anyone really wanted.

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png