I am Ghjjf - Ask me anything

Brian

11 minutes ago, Embraceanger said:

When (roughly) would you say this photo was taken? I'm having trouble placing it because some that I knew to be members for a long time aren't members yet per this photo. 

a5zqGEX.jpg

When did Oergg join DI? What was his journey with DI like? I see him with an administrator rank on the old 2005 invisionfree forums, but in the photo above he is just a guest. 

This for sure must have been after the DS war (24th of September 2005).

Oergg didn't join DI until pretty late on, Oct 2007. He was actually pretty loyal to RSD until some crazy decisions (can't remember what exactly) pushed him to quit. He didn't join DI immediately though so it wasn't exactly quitting for DI. We did try to recruit him and eventually he joined. He stayed FA for like 3 months because well hes Oergg. He used be a slave tber at MB for the longest time, because he liked it. He moved up the ranks pretty quickly once he got member because he was an asset in those days. I don't know how he has admin there.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

4 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

at any point during the OSRS run did you regret reopening 

Maybe briefly when we had like the 9 hour fight vs VR that went on until like 8am, thinking why am I doing this shit again lol

Never serious regret but when the mass leave for Dynasty was going down I wondered was it all worth it

• Sad 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Where is the thread about Skullator and his sister? Has it been purged to preserve the archive's integrity or am I just blind?

Time and time again, DI (and clans in general), suffered from people thinking they could do it better. Many people left to try and start their own clans, and it never worked out in the long term. Why do you think these clans never made it? What were these people lacking, or what do you think is the proper recipe for success for starting a clan?

I thought for a long time if I should ask about this stuff, but it's been 5 years, so might as well...

Did RoT have anything (even indirectly) to do with the Flip Flops incident in 2016?

What (other) factors precipitated the incident? Were you shown evidence of frequent flaming of DI or other means of compromising the clan / its members?

Would you still resent certain individuals due to the above, if not for the whole not-holding-grudges blanket decision you made after quitting OSRS?

Do you regret promoting any Warlords (re: calling skill or trustworthiness)?

Edited by S3lvah

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

1 hour ago, Embraceanger said:

Where is the thread about Skullator and his sister? Has it been purged to preserve the archive's integrity or am I just blind?

Time and time again, DI (and clans in general), suffered from people thinking they could do it better. Many people left to try and start their own clans, and it never worked out in the long term. Why do you think these clans never made it? What were these people lacking, or what do you think is the proper recipe for success for starting a clan?

http://www.di-rs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93849 he edited everything out though. As far as I can tell, this wasn't a troll

Generally speaking, the people who left to start their own clans, left for the wrong reasons. They nearly always left on bad terms. It's nearly impossible to convince people to leave established clans and take a chance in something new knowing that the chance of failure is very high, and when that clan fails, you won't be welcomed back. I really don't know why people who left DI, thought it would ever work. Clans take years to build but these guys are just looking for a big bang and instant impact. You need to start small and grow slowly over months, years. I think that's where many fail. They're angry and looking for revenge, but it'll take years and they aren't willing to wait. These people often don't have the experience needed to lead a clan either. Take Suffocate V for example, he was Warlord in DI for about a month and thought he knew what it took to lead a clan. It's not as easy as it looks.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

1 hour ago, S3lvah said:

I thought for a long time if I should ask about this stuff, but it's been 5 years, so might as well...

Did RoT have anything (even indirectly) to do with the Flip Flops incident in 2016?

What (other) factors precipitated the incident? Were you shown evidence of frequent flaming of DI or other means of compromising the clan / its members?

Would you still resent certain individuals due to the above, if not for the whole not-holding-grudges blanket decision you made after quitting OSRS?

Do you regret promoting any Warlords (re: calling skill or trustworthiness)?

My memory here is a bit sketchy but to the best of my knowledge:

RoT had nothing to do with the FF incident. As far as I remember, RoT had no one in FF?

I don't think there was any "real" flaming of DI members in FF. I think there might have just been banter from goofy DF members, which the majority of DI there could handle. There probably was some outliers but it wasn't an issue. In general, I wasn't a fan of teams, but there was a benefit to DI members being in good teams so they could do better at our events. I think what you'd find with any clan leader in that period when the scene was really active was the scheduling got really annoying. Clans weren't able to get events because of teams being so active. This led to a situation where I was intentionally scheduling over teams events to harm them and get a bit of payback. Obviously this led to hostility between DI and teams. Eventually it just got to the stage where we started pulling members from teams because we were so pissed off.

I wouldn't resent anyone even if I hadn't quit. I regret the way that situation ended and could have deescalated it, but after it went down and the decision was made, it wouldn't be something I could be seen as backing down on either.

Everyone who got Warlord got it on merit and deserved a chance to prove themselves beyond what they had already done when stepping up as a member. Obviously in some cases it didn't work out, but I would have regret it more if we didn't give people a chance, especially when we were lacking callers. No one who got it lacked the skill, though some people weren't as good in some areas (e.g DanB in F2P). That said, there was a lot more chances taken with trustworthiness (especially at the start), but sometimes we didn't have a choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Seems like theres quite a few di and df who stopped clanning until Tempest when you and true left di/df. Do you think theres other clans who may similarly have a number of members call it quits over a leader or key official doing so ?

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

My memory here is a bit sketchy but to the best of my knowledge:

RoT had nothing to do with the FF incident. As far as I remember, RoT had no one in FF?

Yea, we were DI + DF + Fools upon re-opening in OSRS; then some ppl from other clans like VR joined, but we never had a RoT member to my knowledge.

I was alluding to what IMK said in his AMA that RoT might've influenced things by trying to drive a wedge between DI and DF/VR, or that this coincided with DI changing sides in the crash war and thus not wanting to share a team with the new enemy.

I also liked to think DI members got a good amount of warring experience from the events. I wasn't aware of (or can't remember) any scheduling drama, so that part was interesting to learn.

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

3 hours ago, Brian said:

This for sure must have been after the DS war (24th of September 2005).

Interesting, surprised that Junior wasn't DI yet at this time when the Devils shitshow happened around Feb of 2005. 

From what you know or remember of her, what's the likelihood Mocha Chino groomed me as a kid? Lmao. I think she is done serving time now, I have no clue though.

21 minutes ago, True 2k8 said:

what are your thoughts on evizu as leader

Not terrible or anything but it feels like he gave up on VR for a long time then came back when things were going well again, obviously popular among VR members though. Been there the longest but not the most important leader they've had.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

thoughts on group ironman?

It's a weird one because it'll make the game more "active" but it won't benefit the economy etc. Anything that makes the game more active is good but in this case it's not. That said it's not bad either. I voted no just for the memes but I don't care if it gets added.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png