What is the closest you've ever come to dying?

Mitch

If you ever had a near death experience in your life, what was it?

Only time I had one was when I was 6 at an amusement park. I was riding a wooden roller coaster with my aunt and cousins and felt my ass rise out of the seat. Legit almost thought like I was going to fall out. Haven't rode on a wooden one since that day.

hvHoqlp.png

GjBRyio.png

ODhl97J.gif.f831a07b979f5c0b8db14cb43c1db70d.gif

divider_660.png.2c0ed24e9905e05ac66f75b86313c193.png

PDlMitch ~ Ex: Knights of Order ~ Collision ~ Syndicate ~ Exodus ~ Crimson Raiders ~ Downfall ~ Divine Forces

EKoWIwx.gif

48UvRla.png

Ien0xgI.png

qnyOThg.png

When I was a kid prob like 8 or 9 me and my friends were obsessed with building forts and finding stuff to do that with (in the woods, old forts that existed before we lived there from kids who left, even yoinking some stuff from construction sites) and I was out with my wagon after getting a haul of planks from the woods, walking by this guys lawn and he's cutting down a tree and I hear the tree coming down without realizing it's about to land on where I am, while the guy is desperately trying to hold it up while telling me to run. Dumb ass me kinda froze but I didn't get crushed by the tree, though one of the branches did get my arm and give me a few scratches. The guy apologized even though I wouldn't really blame him, though it is a bit questionable he was going to just let that tree fall in the street (his lawn was not big enough no matter what way he let it fall). He was actuallly the guy who had built his own house and numerous of the other houses in the neighborhood so when he found out what I was doing he gave me a ton of stuff and brought me home since he was friends with my parents. That fort ended up being pretty sick until me and my friends realized we just kinda added the roof by nailing boards to the top and there was a ton of nails sticking down through it. 

I'd say the only other time I could remember being remotely close was driving home after drinking (was a dumb teenager and wasn't TOO drunk). It was pretty dark and I forgot what headlights were so not ideal, could've gone very poorly until someone driving near me came up and started flickering theirs and I realized what that was about.  Edit: Also pretty sure I never drove anything over buzzed again after that. 

Edited by Adam_

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Almost got struck by lightning backpacking in New Mexico. Got caught in an afternoon storm which turned into a pretty sizable hail/thunderstorm with no shelter. Probably the most afraid I've ever been. 

Was white water rafting when I was ~15 and our raft got pushed up onto a rock in the middle of the rapids and flipped. Got stuck under the raft and separated from everyone which was pretty freaky. I don't know that I was ever really in danger but it definitely felt like it since I couldn't see anyone around.

• hash 1

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

I've never had any particular incident (that I can recall), but I've been swept up by numerous riptides in my youth, some of them dangerous enough to set off the whole "fight or flight" mode in your brain and set your adrenaline to maximum. But you kind of learn at a young age how to deal with that sort of thing when you live where I do, so thankfully it always turned out alright.

lApm4a9.png

Around 5-6 years ago I went on one of these bad boys

sTanUsr.png

My specific seat had a faulty safety belt, and while I was on it the safety belt wore off and broke while I was turning mid-air upside down, was legit holding onto the seat for dear life, frightening shit

The seat was closed off after my ride

Edited by Pietru
  • Sad 1
  • sus 1
  • yikes 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

Was on my way to a concert and of course wasn't wearing a seat belt (because I was trying to be cool sitting in between two females 😉) few minutes later we get on the freeway and the cars in front of us smash the breaks. My buddy had to swerve out of the way but ended up hitting the median. Truck flips over and I get tossed out. Ended up with a collapsed lung, fractured ribs, SHATTERED pelvis, and a nice crack in me skull. But I am ok now 😄

ibtPzVe.png

I stupidly decided to climb a badland dune in North Dakota to get a view of this river and ended up almost falling over 800 feet to my death, possibly hitting some cacti on the way to make it all more painful. 

I almost drowned in a wave pool when I was like 6. 

I always have the thought that some of the people I hook up with are secretly plotting to kill me. 

8UbwyZv.png

image.png.27fc9253e555dae9d60c01aac1de43b0.png

SG9UgzJ.gif