What is the closest you've ever come to dying?

Mitch

I've cheated death a few times in my life so far.

When I was about 7 or 8 I fell through some ice in the pond in my aunts back yard and was lucky to get pulled out by my mom.

Then more recently I was almost involved in a head on collision, someone was passing a few cars and a truck and almost slammed right into me as I'm coming up to a hill. I had to slam on my breaks and move aside, scared the shit out of me tbh. 

I've also almost fallen off a swing stage a few times lol, would've been 200-300 feet in the air dangling in my harness. Windy days on stages are scary af, I've also been on a swing stage that has bow tied, which is when the wind pulls the stage out off the wall and spins it around to the point the cables cross each other. 

Here's a video of what happened to me, except my partner and I never fell off the stage, we got down to our knees and hid on the floor of the stage. 

(this isn't me or my company, we never got a video of what happened to us, just a comparison)

• heart 1

CASEY_PSD.pngBEST PVM.pngLUCK.pngEgt3L2U.png

AdkNBbg.png

Wouldnt say it was a close call with Death. It was more of me having a panic attack.

In 2018 before being diagnosed with diabetes, I had to do a blood test to find out why I was constantly thirsty and why I was going to the bathroom constantly. At that point I was drinking like more than 10 litres of water a day (maybe more). 

The blood test results came back and the doctor called me and asked me to visit him asap. Went to him and he provided me a letter and told me to go to the Emergency Department.  Instead of going straight away, I decided that I would wait for everyone in my house to go to sleep and then I'd Uber it to the hospital as I didn't want them to worry about me and also thinking that I'd be out by the next day.  Only 1 person in my immediate family was aware of the plan.

So at 1am ish I go to the hospital and wait like normal. The doctor was a fucking dick. They tell me that I will be staying overnight and gave me a hospital gown to change into. 

At 4/5am I wake up and I'm being moved. I was still out of it as I just woke and wasn't sure where I was being taken. Once we arrive another doctor introduces himself and tells me that I have no idea what the fuck I'm typing or where this story is going to end. 

• honk 2

2GMe61I.png

yea got sorta robbed in high school in the woods where we used to drink... guns etc they walked us out of the woods asking if we had money, drugs, etc.. then like 3 days later they found a body in the woods back there so who knows how it could've ended

TbAn2mL.png

When I was a kid back in the Philippines. My cousins and I were going up the mountains to play at a waterfall. There's a small pathway going up that's a bit muddy and had a cliff going maybe 80-100 feet down with rocks below. I ended up slipping and falling but managing to grab a root to hold myself up. I yelled for help and one of my Uncles and cousins helped me up before continuing on. 

Edited by RagingPanda

imageproxy.png

DEkDNzZ.gif

LkcsY.gif
i1a4jjh.gif
nfVcZsC.gif
cO9INAK.gif

On 9/18/2021 at 6:13 PM, IMK said:

I've never had any particular incident (that I can recall), but I've been swept up by numerous riptides in my youth, some of them dangerous enough to set off the whole "fight or flight" mode in your brain and set your adrenaline to maximum. But you kind of learn at a young age how to deal with that sort of thing when you live where I do, so thankfully it always turned out alright.

ye me 2

Edited by Boss Anthony
  • giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tlwx3afxl8uwsa2sai

- Went blue in the head when being brought to this world. Then again, if my story had ended right there, at least I wouldn't have gone on to instead repeatedly choke during RuneScape wars.

- Dodged and fell during a game of tag in PE, and got my head road-rolled by the heaviest kid in class. Vision went green and checker-boarded for a split second there, but survived with a mild concussion

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

All of my near deaths are alcohol induced. 

1) Wandered into the major roadway by a college campus and took a car on 1v1. 

2) Jumped off a boat to show off my diving skills at about 55 mph and only ~50ft from a bridge. There's the footprint of the old bridge in front which is why it was so dangerous. 

3) And like @S3lvah I was blue in the face also. I came out with cord wrapped around me neck and got shoulder stuck. Shoulda been the end then and there. I ended up getting sucked out with a vacuum like thing and was looking like I was from coneheads.

4) The only one that alcohol was a non-factor was when I was 16 and someone ripped a lacrosse ball at me with no helmet on from about 10 ft away and hit me below my right eye. Went to ER and had scans etc done. Jaw ended up swelling and couldn't talk for like 12 hrs. Had a nice bruise on my cheekbone for a couple weeks. 

• Sad 1

Half a year ago I was cycling with 2 friends when we suddenly got into a storm. We were riding next to the canal and most of the time we ride 30-32 km/h. Give or take a few since there can be a lot of wind next to the canal so if it's pushing you in the back you're settled. We noticed we got into the storm as we were making the same watts as we would do to ride our normal pace but suddenly we were riding almost 40km/h.

Then the rain got in and the wind got heavy., eventually there even was hail coming down. There were trees coming out of the ground, branches all over the road. So we really had to find something to hide and all we found was a partytent next to a pub. But while we were hiding there, the wind came under the partytent and it flew away. Scary to know there were 2 weights from 500kg so 1000kg in total tied up to the tent so it wouldn't fly away. We decided to run away as soon as the tent started to lift and we couldn't hold it down anymore, eventually we ran to the back of the pub and there was a garage where we could stay. Myself I was hit by one of the bars from the frame of the tent but luckily I was wearing my helmet.

After a good 10 minutes everything was over and we went to check what the storm did ruin. Then we saw one of the weights on a wooden picknick bank and it was totally broken and smashed right in the middle.  The 3 of us realised we were lucky and we knew that it could've been a close call. 

Worst thing was that one of my 2 friends got a call from work and we had to stop cycling for 5 minutes. The storm was pretty local and behind us so if he wouldn't had that phone call we would just ride along with the storm, a good 5 minutes ahead and not even noticed it. 😅

I used to have seizures as a kid. I had one during class in 1st grade, and I fell out of my seat and stopped breathing completely and the teacher gave me CPR while the ambulance arrived. Only reason I know about it is because my mom clipped the news article about the teacher saving my life.  Well, that, and classmates who witnessed it would sometimes bring it up throughout the years. 

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]