Inflation / cost-of-living increase

S3lvah

Is it currently affecting your daily life? Are you concerned for the future? Have you made any changes to your diet / travel / other habits to accommodate for the change?

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

Effecting yes, I wouldn't say i've directly made any changes because of it but I started making some dietary changes a few months ago regardless 

If you buy/consume pretty much any product or buy/rent or plan to buy/rent any place to live it's affecting you though which I assume is pretty much everyone on these forums 

• Like 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

41 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

If you buy/consume pretty much any product or buy/rent or plan to buy/rent any place to live it's affecting you though which I assume is pretty much everyone on these forums 

Yeah obvs; what I meant by that was: "To how noticeable a degree is it affecting your daily life?"

As for me, I've lived pretty frugally anyway and had a decent stable income for a while, so as long as the Euro won't go the way of the Zimbabwean dollar, I'll be fine for quite a while. Counting my lucky stars for not growing up to be a drinker, smoker, partygoer or shopaholic.

Edited by S3lvah
  • Like 1

uE3dJ81.png

iA0XAqV.png

Fools / CU / DI / FF / Elu Warlord – TT Captain – TKO / TB / Desc / Tempy Member

It's having an effect for certain but I'll pull through. Prices on nearly everything are higher, and even then the local groceries where I live are still cleared out due to poor supply. 

No one that I know currently is travelling but I was never big on travelling anyways. I'm that awkward guy at my work who doesn't vacay four times a year mostly due to lack of interest and being cheap. I know what when the stores are going to be stocked up, and the increased prices don't really do anything to stop me from shopping besides hit my wallet harder. 

Not super worried about anything else really. Sucks that my savings are officially tanking at this point because I've slowly emptied my portfolio over the last 9-10 months but regardless of how heavy inflation gets, I still feel like holding on to my other assets would've been worse.

• Like 1

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

I haven't made any changes to my life and have the luxury that I don't have to for a long time. I'm going on vacation in September to the USA and I'm planning to do some driving...It will be interesting to see what the big fuss is about. I don't have a car and I don't need one so I 'save' a ton of money that others don't.

I have noticed that my grocery expenses are going up which is weird because my diet is very consistent and has been for a year. It's gone from about 200-250 euro to 230-300 euro per month.

• Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

I'm very concerned about the gas and oil prices effecting heating oil. The winters are long and cold here. Could be a winter I don't do anything due to having to put $600.00 usd a month in my tank. 

I'll get through, I'll just have to plan better. 

• Sad 1

image.png.f81ac5f3ef9f13cb4b51bdb0d06fe4b8.png

Not too big of an affect at the moment but if it's a cold winter things could get interesting

Electricity prices have basically tripled in a year and doesn't look like they'll stop going up any time soon

• yikes 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

The only thing that has changed in my life due to inflation is my monthly cost of groceries - about $50-75 or so, depending what I eat that month (butter is fucking insane right now). No other rising costs have personally affected me (yet).

• Like 1

lApm4a9.png

Had to switch jobs to make enough additional money to beat inflation.

• bank 1

KLxCxWm.gif

Legendz | The Titans | Tempest

[Templar Jan & Feb 2023]

Spoiler

eRp6JoP.gif

CVEebzD.gif

RwjQ9pi.gif

JlotNFB.gif

SG9UgzJ.gif

image.png.6b35b2c7b85eae4569a1efc860175b7a.png