I am True_2k8 -- Ask Me Anything

True 2k8

What made you decide to open Tempest? Has the opening been smoother or more challenging than you first expected? ?

What do you think the biggest challenge of running a clan in the current clan world is? How does it compare to when you last led a clan?

Did the old 'rude' comment tilt you that led up to the infamous -1 RSC posting? ? Were you surprised that I wanted to join DF later because of it!

spacer.png

Heard you been going gym lately? Strong voice scary/10 

mEPuMsY.png

Ex-Envy Leader / Ex-Genesis Council / Ex-Divine Forces App Reviewer / Tempest Legend /

zZfIru6.png

6krZGIU.png

85290cf848e59ffd1951d69798177cb9.png

4 hours ago, Ells said:

What made you decide to open Tempest? Has the opening been smoother or more challenging than you first expected? ?

What do you think the biggest challenge of running a clan in the current clan world is? How does it compare to when you last led a clan?

Did the old 'rude' comment tilt you that led up to the infamous -1 RSC posting? ? Were you surprised that I wanted to join DF later because of it!

My hiatus from RS clanning (2.5 years~.. not including my 4 months in Renegades) had little to do with any kind of diminished competitiveness for clanning.. just no situation truly appealed to me. After seriously looking for a clan, it became very apparent that I was not the only one in that situation -- there are dozens of homeless clanners out there looking to have fun in this game.. but most clans require too much of a commitment or don't have a strong commitment to community.

Anyways, the wheels really started turning when David/Vene had somehow brought up opening a clan in conversation. I saw very little risk and an extremely high reward if we were able to pull it off. I really liked the idea of joining a clan model similarly to what we are going for here, but it didn't exist.. and I felt like I was the right person to lead that kind of ship. If we had the power to create something that all of us would have fun with, why not?

At the end of the day, it's risk.. and it fails... life will go on.

--

I really went back and forth on how to answer this... there's a lot that makes 2020 leading a whole different cat than it was say... 10 years ago. For this though, I'll say that too many leaderships are set in their ways and are very close-minded. I severely disagree with most approaches to diplomacy and most show very little interest in creatively trying to improve the clan scene in general.  I don't even mean the crash war mentality, I think most of that is inevitable in P2P at this point, but man some clans are too focused on adopting the mentalities of their opponents instead of creating their own. Dealing with some clans my last year in DF was a pretty wild ride.

If you asked me in 2010, I'd tell you this was an issue.. but I'd gladly take the leadership of VR/RSD/TT/whoever just being pricks to me in IRC DM over how some relations are today. Clans forget that they need each other to survive. Clans forget this scene will exist until OSRS dies (dude, we survived the wilderness removal.. a pure CWA era.. EOC...). It can be better and I wished some of the smaller clans took a better approach for all of our sakes.

--

It didn't actually tilt me, but the True 2k8 in me (cringe) thrived off being a dickhead. I wasn't too surprised since we had a few interactions in Elusive, but I was slightly surprised when you let me join that team. I think it speaks to your character that I was that much of a dickhead to you (not even just the RSC bombing) and you only thing you said to me was that I was rude. ?

• Like 3

aUBwTQ1.png

Think you mentioned in an earlier post you don't care for anime, you just like the stuff from your childhood. Guessing by the avatar Yu-Gi-Oh was a part of it. 

Serious question, what do you think of Kaiba besides the fact that he's a badass?

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

meme.png

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

18 hours ago, Ace said:

Think you mentioned in an earlier post you don't care for anime, you just like the stuff from your childhood. Guessing by the avatar Yu-Gi-Oh was a part of it. 

Serious question, what do you think of Kaiba besides the fact that he's a badass?

Kaiba has a lot of drive to be the best.. just a bit blinded by ego.

aUBwTQ1.png

Just now, True 2k8 said:

Kaiba has a lot of drive to be the best.. just a bit blinded by ego.

Yeah, I was just curious. When I was a kid, I never actually got to watch the full original Yu-Gi-Oh series. I thought Kaiba was really cool but I never saw some of the worst scenes with him, like where he basically threatens suicide to win a game or even the OG scene where he rips the card in half. Kid me just thought he was really cool and edgy, had no idea he was that much of a douche lmao.

nraLl5G.gif

pleasework.gif

Spoiler

fWDZKUX.pngv629BYZ.gif

2OJwmTS.gif

6:05 AM Truefossil: I am True_2k8 -- Ask Me Anything

[6:05 AM] Truefossil: ask me something

yo are you bored? :hash:

1. @Your elusive post, yea being NH is fun as fuckkkkkkk lol but it sucks to be a dickhead sometimes. Man the days of spare acc's sniping fights were enjoyable & plenty.
  2. Why did you choose the name Tempest? 
  3. What is your recipe though, in aiming for a happy & healthy life? Like the gym question above, do you run or practice BJJ or something, or restrict certain foods etc.  
  4. What are bad habits you want to replace, with better ones? 
  5. How do you balance and manage your time IRL? And then also how when it comes to anything related to the screen/devices? Like I myself can't get into a "ok only go on laptop for work today and get these 2 things finished" mode.

0c3A4SZ.png

2020-07-11_055657.png.14347eb8ff5b323524f4ec40ed24f0a8.png