I am True_2k8 -- Ask Me Anything

True 2k8

22 hours ago, Vannaka said:

6:05 AM Truefossil: I am True_2k8 -- Ask Me Anything

[6:05 AM] Truefossil: ask me something

yo are you bored? :hash:

1. @Your elusive post, yea being NH is fun as fuckkkkkkk lol but it sucks to be a dickhead sometimes. Man the days of spare acc's sniping fights were enjoyable & plenty.
  2. Why did you choose the name Tempest? 
  3. What is your recipe though, in aiming for a happy & healthy life? Like the gym question above, do you run or practice BJJ or something, or restrict certain foods etc.  
  4. What are bad habits you want to replace, with better ones? 
  5. How do you balance and manage your time IRL? And then also how when it comes to anything related to the screen/devices? Like I myself can't get into a "ok only go on laptop for work today and get these 2 things finished" mode.

Yes

It gained the most traction with our first 25~ members that I hand-recruited. 

Eat less like shit, find time to just sit and do what I want to do. 

I drink too much caffeine. 

I'm just less addicted to RS now so I have no issue walking away. Sometimes I go on my laptop and go outside to get work done if  I'm distracted.

aUBwTQ1.png

Just now, True 2k8 said:

Needs to have member in it so people know they need to fight for the real ranks ? 

Ok but any other word than privileged pls

X7hVOuI.png

zd4U5d4.gif

L7S1gha.png

I've seen you hanging out with current / past DF members pretty often (usually in your personal disc), hows your relationship with DF as a clan now? Are you and Ross on good terms?

If Tempest doesn't work out and you were still interested in the clanning scene, would you consider going back to DF? (I hear they have a trial stormtrooper position opening coming up soon)

Edited by Tika191

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

Do you think theres a chance for clans to exist without the toxicity and shit that plagues alot of them?  When i was last activity i remember it getting real deep with the spying and flames that came with it and its offputting when you're just trying to enjoy the game as you get older.

1 hour ago, Tika191 said:

I've seen you hanging out with current / past DF members pretty often (usually in your personal disc), hows your relationship with DF as a clan now? Are you and Ross on good terms?

If Tempest doesn't work out and you were still interested in the clanning scene, would you consider going back to DF? (I hear they have a trial stormtrooper position opening coming up soon)

I still have a good relationship with a maybe a dozen or so DF members, though a fair share have definitely gotten a little quieter since I made Tempest.. since being a mate over here is a bit of a taboo if you're even just a clan friend in DF. There is definitely a solid handful that have never been weird towards me since the whole leaving DF/joining RNG/making Tempest thing. Honestly that handful and I never really talk about RS/DF, only if I ask about what's happening since I didn't follow things as closely as I have the past few months.

As for Murray, we have no relationship and didn't speak since a week before I left DF until we had some chat in-game about a month ago. I didn't see any point in pursuing it.. if he didn't want to say anything to my face and preferred to constantly undermine/say weird shit/insinuate that I was skipping for a game I was not subscribed to at the time (I was just sleeping in/all day because I was depressed for IRL reasons.. not playing my failed level 30 on WoW) when I was still there, I didn't see any point of trying to maintain contact with him or DF after my departure. When I first left.. I felt kind of weird/guilty about it for maybe a week.. but once my mind settled and I realized that certain people were quite possibly insane, I felt good about my decision.

That being said, I'm sure we could have a regular conversation like we use to if he stopped caring about shit that really didn't matter (like this clan opening...). Life is short brother. This is a video game and I'm embarrassed that I didn't always know that either.

As for returning to DF, it's not something I've ever considered and probably wouldn't put much thought into if Tempest didn't work out. Apart from the name and like IMK still being an official, literally nothing appeals to me about the clan. While I'm sure the events are fun (It's hard to tell on clan-made recaps.. who knows really), their community is definitely not what it use to be and from what I understand.. their EST unit basically doesn't exist. I just hear a lot more negative than positive about how the clan operates outside of the events.

Overall though, I am glad the clan is in a good spot and they've taken some incredible steps in P2P that I'm not so sure I would have been capable of spearheading, so props to Murray & Co. The clan being alive and functional is a testament to their will, I just wish they held onto prioritizing community a little more.

• Like 2

aUBwTQ1.png

What has been your favourite era in the clan world and why?

What are your thoughts on F2P now?

If you could change something what would it be? (question is a continuation of the above)

44 minutes ago, Echliurn said:

Do you think theres a chance for clans to exist without the toxicity and shit that plagues alot of them?  When i was last activity i remember it getting real deep with the spying and flames that came with it and its offputting when you're just trying to enjoy the game as you get older.

I don't think so.. the closest we got to that was EOC. Apart from VR, I feel like almost all the shady clans died or reformed for a good 4-5 months. Maybe if the clan world died apart from like 3-4 F2P clans we'd be able to smooth shit out.

aUBwTQ1.png

Hi True,

From reading your previous answers, I figured you are very invested in the community aspect of clanning. I feel that this is something missing from clans nowadays, and might be a contributing factor to the state the clan world is in (toxic shit all around, no1 having fun). Having that in mind, if you could pick any community you were a part of  during these 15~ years and put together with the best in-game experiences you had (mostly warring-wise, quality, etc), what would your ideal clan be made of?

Also, do you think your past history in DF might affect Tempest's relations with the clan world? I know you said you want to take things in a more relaxed way, but there is only so much you can do regarding to other people's/clan's actions. Have you done anything in that aspect already or will you just wait and see how it plays out?

Pm me for a late night steel war any time, it was the most fun I've had in runescape in years, maybe even in OSRS in general.

This topic was a very nice read, I admire your patience (and time) to answer every single question ?