Clans next in line?

Paul

We've seen an overall resurgence to the clan world lately in different forms i.e. Tempest opening, TR/WL having events, EoS rumors, and VR picking up activity. Obviously TR has closed now but it's still to be seen how many of them stick around and where they go.

RSC format for my fellow boomers:

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?

Edited by Paul

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open? None

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P? Doubt it, both tried to do abit of F2P reasonably recently and it didn't take off

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

Well I usually do 4 years on and then 4 years off.. coming up on 4 off again soon, so how about it?

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?
They're just isn't the player base there and sadly never will be again. Clans are just made up of the same people recycled over and over again now. Can't see where the growth would ever come from.

• Like 1
  • sus 2
  • hash 2

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

I think if RSD or TT ever decided to reopen they would gain a lot of momentum quickly and you could see a lot of oldschool come back. I don't think there are many (if any) pre-OSRS clans that are in a position to reopen at this point. EoS is a bit special because their community has mostly stuck together, just with a different game.

Possibly, but it seems unlikely. It's more likely we see new F2P-based clans open (if people think there's room in the scene for it), but it's hard to get a new clan off the ground without a good starting core. I'd like to see DF do more F2P as well, although I'm not sure current leadership cares much for it.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

They're just isn't the player base there and sadly never will be again. Clans are just made up of the same people recycled over and over again now. Can't see where the growth would ever come from.

do you think clans could do a better job of trying to grow/bring in new blood?

while there are many things I loathe about the pure community, I do appreciate how clans have little aversion to bringing in newbies

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

None

The only clan I could see making any impact in F2P would be Forsaken if they actually chose to step into f2p. They already pk in p2p but for some reason Bas refuses to step foot in f2p. If they made that move I could see them being very competitive in the F2P scene.

Edited by Dox17
  • sus 1

我买女朋友 

AkDy8Vb.gif

MLfh1wf.gif

SyiQsK8.gif

tzrmo9a.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM

None aside from Fools

Dunno about gaining momentum as i'm not too sure on their memberbases but would be nice to see them step into F2P a bit

giphy.gif

UCRfdoD.png

tX2cpQ2.png

spacer.pngspacer.png70b696a3da.gifspacer.pngspacer.png

HwzhImT.gif

Fools or Lithuanians

Nah

Im feeling a boomer now

I think the only clan that maybe can come back is EoS but idk

Yeah. If the f2p action better than p2p action. They will step in to the f2p

Edited by Benji
  • Like 1

b0c7b20a-faa7-4184-9a57-022a0307e215.jpg

d9db47b7-9a09-47a9-ba28-3cc31bcf3f5a.jpg

4af24796-620a-4b43-8ecd-78a7eae0899a.jpg

12c14374-00ab-47c9-8c85-dae84b60231d.jpg

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open? Don't think it'll happen but if I had to pick one I guess I'd say RSD? Not sure how many people from old clans still play the game but seems like they still have a couple members scattered around here and there

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P? As @Dox17 said, Forsaken could pretty easily make the transition to F2P but doubt it happens. @zq50 and the gentlemen over in Team Trinity could probably make a decent go of F2P too if they weren't all busy doing TOB tick perfectly with their eyes closed

• Like 1

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

RSD I believe could make great return. Those corona times brings alot of people back I guess 

This is good question. MY 1st  thought in mind was that EOS guys have already thought it out by going f2p only so people form p2p teams/clans could join them for some f2p action 

I would  like to see some country clans return 

28 minutes ago, Mona said:

Heard DI is coming back

The discord is more active than ever 

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

Nah doubt it dude 

Not a chance dude 

spacer.png

Don't think any more big boy clans are gonna re-open at this point apart from EoS (this is if they do actually want to)

No, pretty sure they tried F2P but didn't really manage to get much enjoyment out of it

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png