Clans next in line?

Paul

1 hour ago, Brian said:

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

Well I usually do 4 years on and then 4 years off.. coming up on 4 off again soon, so how about it?

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?
They're just isn't the player base there and sadly never will be again. Clans are just made up of the same people recycled over and over again now. Can't see where the growth would ever come from.

I disagree. There are like 100k people Rs all the time nowadays... so that is where the members should come from. When we created New bloods in TR, we introduced like 80 new people to the clanworld... It was as easy as telling the lvl 90 slaying next to me "Want to join a clan?" and giving information about it. 

The people is there, i think we just don't bother enough.

• Like 3

Signature1.png.6e45d7e6480474f7527ac0a4d644a2e6.png

signature3.gif.b81f19bc9f085dd908b086fd774c0d8b.gif

signature34.gif.58e09c2de33fbc5636d73b95b8eb91e0.gif

The EoS rumors kinda came out of nowhere tbh so it would be difficult to project who the next clans in line would be. Safe bets would be clans who already had been opened on OSRS. Fools, Liths, Forsaken, TR (again), etc.

Ye sure no reason why a smaller clan can’t gain some momentum. Honestly, that’s kinda VR right now with Evizu’s return.

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

1 hour ago, Howl said:

do you think clans could do a better job of trying to grow/bring in new blood?

while there are many things I loathe about the pure community, I do appreciate how clans have little aversion to bringing in newbies

What's the selling point though? Yea couple of clans got nice communities I guess (but a lot are toxic). Don't think you can sell PvP to your average player these days based on how the majority of people view it. RS is a PvM game now.

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

39 minutes ago, Eric said:

I disagree. There are like 100k people Rs all the time nowadays... so that is where the members should come from. When we created New bloods in TR, we introduced like 80 new people to the clanworld... It was as easy as telling the lvl 90 slaying next to me "Want to join a clan?" and giving information about it. 

The people is there, i think we just don't bother enough.

Again, whats the selling point? You can get them into the community side of things but how many are really in it for PvP?

• Like 1

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

What's the selling point though? Yea couple of clans got nice communities I guess (but a lot are toxic). Don't think you can sell PvP to your average player these days based on how the majority of people view it. RS is a PvM game now.

That's fair. I think there might be untapped pockets of the OSRS community who would be interested in organized PvP as well as the community that comes with it (although it might take more non-toxic communities developing). I think there are plenty of players who might have an interest in PvP, but are turned off by 1) what they see on reddit (RoT bad = clans bad, PvPer killed me for my spade, etc) and 2) the high barriers to entry of both singles PvP and clanning.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

Probably not many to be honest. I didn't even think there were EoS rumors apart from that thread you made. Personally I think if people want to reopen their old clans they should instead just open new ones under different names. Reopening under the old name can be good for clans with a good rep but I imagine it comes with extra baggage especially when it doesn't turn out to be like the old clan (likely due to changes in the clanning community/game) and old members dislike this, among other things.

It would be great to see some old clans reopen but hopefully they would last more than just a few months before closing back down again.

I think the move would be to make more Tempest-like clans which aren't necessarily reopening an old clan but just bringing older players back who are like minded and want a similar community and play style, so people come looking for that instead of looking to hop back into EoS like it was in 2010 or whatever. 

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?

Deathrow probably, I don't know them extremely well but from what i've seen they have a good community and I was told Nullusion enjoys F2p plus I think their other leader also led a F2p clan? 

Playdead probably not, I think they realistically probably should have just closed already for a number of reasons I won't get into

Other small clans probably, I could maybe see AC getting involved a bit with the right incentive and I believe Tempest fought UNK not long ago? Though that may have been P2p I don't remember. 

Edit: Actually after seeing David's post I think one clan that could genuinely reopen well and do well would be Fools, but I think it's unlikely to happen. 

Edited by Adam_

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Country clans such as fools, liths seems like the safest bets, would be interesting to see if they try out another shot now that they are close to winter, idk where all those rumors about EoS came from but definitely it would Boost f2p activity, hopefully but there ain't any real hype to sustain it.

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?

Sure but unlikely even if it means a 30v30 to break the 3x3 box meta. It would die shortly rather than gaining any momentum.

6W5lgCn.gif

mc2orXm.gif

FV8X7Pd.gif

FH8IGj4.jpg

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

Anyone that has a decently-active Discord with enough people playing. I'm not so sure anyone meets this criteria right now except maybe FOOLS (Just guessing here) and I doubt they'd ever reopen. There is however an old clan leader around these parts that seems to be kicking the tires on reopening their clan, though I'm not sure where that will go.

Not necessarily a smaller clan, but I'm sure we'll see Divine Forces in F2P sooner than later.

aUBwTQ1.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Again, whats the selling point? You can get them into the community side of things but how many are really in it for PvP?

A lot! it is an aspect of the game a lot of people don't even know, but when you show them they tend to like it... i mean, why would you enjoy pvp and some random guy who started playing 2 years ago and has a lvl 124 acc wouldn't?

• Like 3
  • honk 1

Signature1.png.6e45d7e6480474f7527ac0a4d644a2e6.png

signature3.gif.b81f19bc9f085dd908b086fd774c0d8b.gif

signature34.gif.58e09c2de33fbc5636d73b95b8eb91e0.gif

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I agree, but when I started clanning (12y old) I wasn't even aware of the organized side of PvP. I didn't know I enjoyed it because I didn't even know it existed.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

That's fair. I think there might be untapped pockets of the OSRS community who would be interested in organized PvP as well as the community that comes with it (although it might take more non-toxic communities developing). I think there are plenty of players who might have an interest in PvP, but are turned off by 1) what they see on reddit (RoT bad = clans bad, PvPer killed me for my spade, etc) and 2) the high barriers to entry of both singles PvP and clanning.

If you remove (estimate) 2000 people that still play and that used to clan from the player count there are still 98k people that might be interested. I think people would be interested in our style of clanning however the effort is something I'm not sure younger players (if those exist) are willing to invest. The skill floor even for just F2P as you said is quite high if you are literally a noob at the game. Finding these players especially those that don't view the clanning scene as to toxic would require you to talk to literally everyone.

• Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

4 hours ago, Tika191 said:

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open? Don't think it'll happen but if I had to pick one I guess I'd say RSD? Not sure how many people from old clans still play the game but seems like they still have a couple members scattered around here and there

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P? As @Dox17 said, Forsaken could pretty easily make the transition to F2P but doubt it happens. @zq50 and the gentlemen over in Team Trinity could probably make a decent go of F2P too if they weren't all busy doing TOB tick perfectly with their eyes closed

fsk too busy with skilling bingo

我买女朋友 

AkDy8Vb.gif

MLfh1wf.gif

SyiQsK8.gif

tzrmo9a.gif

Original DI Join Date: March 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM