Clans next in line?

Paul

35 minutes ago, Da Bazz said:

I agree, but when I started clanning (12y old) I wasn't even aware of the organized side of PvP. I didn't know I enjoyed it because I didn't even know it existed.

If you remove (estimate) 2000 people that still play and that used to clan from the player count there are still 98k people that might be interested. I think people would be interested in our style of clanning however the effort is something I'm not sure younger players (if those exist) are willing to invest. The skill floor even for just F2P as you said is quite high if you are literally a noob at the game. Finding these players especially those that don't view the clanning scene as to toxic would require you to talk to literally everyone.

Yeah - and I think it would take an effort from Jagex to help promote clans that has never existed (nor do I think it ever will). Although supposedly there's supposed to be a clan system update sometime soon?

A coworker/good friend of mine got back into scape during the lock downs. He's talked about how he would love to join a serious PvP clan, but would have no idea they existed if I hadn't told him. Obviously a singular/anecdotal case, but I want to believe there are other people who might think the same way when things like CWC discord exist.

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

4 hours ago, Brian said:

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

Well I usually do 4 years on and then 4 years off.. coming up on 4 off again soon, so how about it?

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?
They're just isn't the player base there and sadly never will be again. Clans are just made up of the same people recycled over and over again now. Can't see where the growth would ever come from.

I'm about ready for another DI vs World

3 hours ago, I Kill Batty said:

@3lite is itching to bring back EH, just look at his avatar.

Broski, Islamia, and I made a pact back in 2010 that EH would reopen in 2040 with the release of Runescape 5, virtual reality-pokemon go edition.  Want to chop a yew? Have to go find a yew to chop irl.  For clan fights, you have to virtually fist fight your opponents, which means that turtles like @Xero may struggle against muscle men like @Oli and @Mar.

Edited by 3lite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7R85FSe.png

2 minutes ago, 3lite said:

Broski, Islamia, and I made a pact back in 2010 that EH would reopen in 2040 with the release of Runescape 5.

I miss those guys! Please send me an hologram when it happens ? 

Signature1.png.6e45d7e6480474f7527ac0a4d644a2e6.png

signature3.gif.b81f19bc9f085dd908b086fd774c0d8b.gif

signature34.gif.58e09c2de33fbc5636d73b95b8eb91e0.gif

1 hour ago, 3lite said:

Broski, Islamia, and I made a pact back in 2010 that EH would reopen in 2040 with the release of Runescape 5, virtual reality-pokemon go edition.  Want to chop a yew? Have to go find a yew to chop irl.  For clan fights, you have to virtually fist fight your opponents, which means that turtles like @Xero may struggle against muscle men like @Oli and @Mar.

Your message earlier makes more sense now...

1. What old clans (EoS aside whether they return or not) do you think would be most primed to re-open?

• There are a few out there that could make a decent run at it. I hope there is continued interest and it leads to something more serious.

2. Could you see a smaller clan like Deathrow, PlayDead, or someone else gaining momentum or stepping into F2P?

• Honestly, there are a few. I think DR could do F2P comfortably. They would just need time to readjust to it. I think clans like FSK and DF could make an impact in F2P too if they decided to come to it. Might as well strike while the iron is hot.

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png

5 hours ago, Brian said:

What's the selling point though? Yea couple of clans got nice communities I guess (but a lot are toxic). Don't think you can sell PvP to your average player these days based on how the majority of people view it. RS is a PvM game now.

To be fair you should see the pure scene; there's a decent chunk of people who literally get recruited off the street at sand crabs that get into it. Your point is still accurate but not to the extent that I think you think it is. 

Just now, Paul said:

To be fair you should see the pure scene; there's a decent chunk of people who literally get recruited off the street at sand crabs that get into it. Your point is still accurate but not to the extent that I think you think it is. 

idk why but i found "off the street at sand crabs" really funny

am9lyUI.jpg

jR2KODn.png

image.png

mYDO4EM.png

image.png.73b47520764ae9a63c2df2f3bba2b0fb.png

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yea but aren't people training at sand crabs training pures anyway? (Could be wrong, I quit playing RS in like 2015 so ye) With the intention to PvP?

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

3 hours ago, 3lite said:

Sign me up.  EH 2040 let's do this@@

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

In the perfect world, it'd be nice to see 10-15 active clans regularly pking/warring in f2p all around a similar ability. However I cannot see this happening, whilst there has been somewhat a resurgence  due to lockdowns, I presume when the world gets back to normal the clan world will slip in to a slumber. 

Don't want to sound too pessimistic but the new breed of Runescape players don't seem to enjoy pking as much, as is evident even in low level wilderness. 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member