Are we living in a simulation?

Mk 17

This is actually a phobia of people lol

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

I think it's definitely plausible. Just think of what it means to "be alive" and "what is reality". I believe consciousness has a big part to play in defining reality. Anil Seth says that consciousness may be a controlled hallucination by the brain which is a scary yet plausible idea (video #1) Assuming reality is generated in real time by the brain (hallucinated) based on predictions from the past then it's highly possible that consciousness, the feeling of being alive, can be simulated by a computer. This falls in line with how we currently use Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Neural Networks. Based on sensory data or input an image is predicted. We understand that our brains work by sending electrical currents from synapse to synapse to create an image for us to "see".  A computer does the same only on a far slower and smaller scale. Thus a possible outcome of technological advancements may lead to the creation of computers that simulate consciousness which could therefore be used to create you in simulation. Very important to know here is that our brain may also only create consciousness or reality as needed. Donald Hoffman hypothesizes (video #2) that what we consider reality is merely a construct of our brain in the current space and time you are in. If this is true that means that we would only need to simulate a tiny portion of someone's reality through computing power and not the entire universe as suggested in the Elon Musk video in OP. This would make simulation far more reachable.

It's like professor Kipping said, if we somehow are able to create a simulation through computer power that feels real then the probability that we currently live in a simulation today is very high. However to prove this theory we would have to create a conscious reality with computer power ourselves. I doubt we'd see that happen in our life times.

Video #1:

Video #2:

Edited by Da Bazz
  • Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

25 minutes ago, I Kill Batty said:

This is actually a phobia of people lol

I think either way it wouldnt bother me because theres nothing we can do as human beans but its an interesting concept in some way

Good post da bazz

spacer.png

gets even fuckier when you think of multiverses and intelligent life birthing new universes to survive dying ones etc. Our little brains aren't meant to comprehend this big shit.

image.png.7e4d02dbe21f2ee7188add6d535c8143.png

14 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Ę̴̧͚̦̲̬̙̟̮̖̻̪̩̤̼͚̳͕͛ͪͧ̎͢Ŗ̴̨̤͙̖͔̫̞͈͉̖̘̯̂͛̒̐̎͆̐̌̇͌͛͌͆͂͊͛̒͘R̸̢̜͕̼̙̝̭̃̽̉̄̄͒̈́̃̎̎́ͯ̏ͭ̽́͜O̷͔͇̯̺̖̳̦͉͖ͯͭͨ͊̔́̄̐̀͠R̲͎͍̪͇̗͇̜̼̼̳͍͉͚̼̦̂̇̒͋ͯ̃͒̽͒ͣ̄͜:̛̩̲̙̪͕̘̞̫̱͚̗̥̳̬̠͖ͪ̓͌̏ͩ̌̽̃̓̃̽̉ͩ͗̑̑͆̀͠ ̛̪̭̮̱̉ͨ͒ͭ̒̇ͬͩ́̂̑͂͌̂̌̀͢S͙͚̞̱̝ͫͩ̽̄͒͛̽͌́͋ͯ̂ͬͣ͞͞Ư̟̟̺͓͚͙͉͇ͯ̊͋̋͐͛̚͘͜͡B̴̴̠̦̱̼͔͙̥̤͚̝̮͎̲̝̳̻̒̍͐͂̄̌͐̐̋̊̄ͪ̂͆ͧ͞Jͪ̃ͬͣ͐̒̓̉͐̌͏̵̭̻͈̟̟̩̀́͢ͅÉ̻̣̝͖̤̺̟̯͍͚̭ͤ̈̀̈́ͪ̀̄͗̔̓͛̃ͧͩͨ̓̓͠Cͦ̔̿̇͐̔ͭ̏̑ͦ͒͐҉̨̡̲̯̯̣͔̳̝͇̭͉̺̝̭̘̖͎͙͘͞T͇̖̖͚̱̰̂̎͊ͭͣͮͨ͆̉́̋͊̎ͮ́́́̕͜ͅ ̧̛̥͇͖̰̻̻͔̗̲͕̱̪̩̱̥̮ͧ̉ͭͭB̵̳͚̳̼̟̟̲͉̆̍̅̔͌̾̐ͭ̌ͣͪ̃͌̒̇͆̀͘͘͠Ȩ̵̸͇̳͈͎͎͕̫̮̣̖̞̗̇ͤ̋̽̂̇̆ͧ̌ͧ͆͌ͧ̓̿̑̀̚ͅͅC̷̢͈͍̤̝̬̣̫̖̯̼͖̩̭̄͒̌̑ͥ̐̄͒̉̄ͧͫ͊ͭ̃͘Oͦ̽̋̎̉͗ͥ̀҉̷͉͙̜̬̝̮̜͚͓̙̲͜M̵̨͕͖̳͍͇̱̥̟͍̗̳̙̲̄͋ͫ͌̔ͦ͐́̕I̸̱̻͚̩̦͈̞̻̥͗̓̃͐̆ͯ͝ͅŃ̷̵̖̪̮̲̺̗͕͚̳̼͗ͯͤ̀͊͜G̵̨ͨͧͬͪͭͨ͑ͫ̃̂҉̸̲̗͎̠̰̦͕̩͙͇̹̭̬ͅ ͋̈ͣͧ͒͒͂̀̈ͫͯͯ̒̎͊̃̏͟͏̶̛̮̰̻̲͉͖̯̯̤͍̟̱̰̯͓̟ͅŞ̧̭̩̣͉̰̝͙̥͙͓͕͙̞̹̎͐͂͌̓̍̍ͬ̚͘͠͡E̵̡͑ͦͭͪ̍̆̂̂ͪͤͫ̊̇̓̽̚͢҉̜̘̗̟̣͖̖͎͙̙̰͡L̢̨̦̖͍̫͈͓̘̝͈ͨͬ̆̌̏̇̄ͩ͒ͯ̑̾̚͟͞͠ͅF̢̛̛̳̞͉̥̞̫͊̀̅ͥͪͤ͂ͤ̅́͘ ̸̷̭̹͚͍͉͈̦̲̥͇̳͋̋ͭ͑͂ͧͨͮ̈́̊ͯ̀̾̎̈́̏ͧͦ͘͞A̡̢̬̱̬̰̮͎̦̠̝̖̳̪͎̻̙̗ͭͨ̈́͊ͬ̃̓̒ͤ͐̈́ͫͥ͑͢͡͠W̸͙͉̣̤̥̹ͬ͗̾̀̏͆̀ͥ͜͞͠A̶̧̱͕͍͉̞̖̙̻̰̙̳͇̼̣̋̈̀̃̇͐̓̏͟ͅR̊̉͒̄͋ͩ͌ͦ̈́̒̂͑̓͊͡͏̪̝͎̬̖̗͎̻͍̼̥̕͜͞E̜̜̦̰̳̫͖̝̐̍̑͂ͮ̒̀͘̕̕,̒̉ͤ̉ͭ̇́͂͗̏̌̀͏̦̭̩͓̦̻̻̫͙͍͍̺͉̟ͅ ̢̢̛͔̟̻̬̟͓͚̱̟̫̪̤͈̟͇̤̣͉͍̍̇̔̑̈͒̌́ͧ͐͒́͟Ŕ̪̣͕̻̟͍̲̗̦̠͇̭̰̅̑̽͆̽̀͛ͪ̇̽̀͟͡E̓̽͐̃̇̀ͨ̇̽̽͏̴̟̲̮̹̩Bͥͨͬ͐̾̂ͫͯͮ̅͒͡͏̵̡̥͓̘͈̟̗̜̦̯͖͚̠̞̮͔̠͙͈̠O̻̼̩̘̣͎̺̲̱̣͇͙̖̱̠̻̼͈̽͐͐̇ͨ̆̇̕͞O̸̹̬̺͓ͪ̑̐ͮ̓͛ͦ̽ͨ͌̀ͪͭ̂ͯͯ͊͐͝T̡̧̘̦͕̫͙̘͈͎̮͇ͣ̾̾͋͢ ̵̴̥͎͚͇̤̻̞̣̥͍͓͙͕̎ͪ͌͋̎ͨ̑ͦ̿̚R̨͍͇͔̰̲̝͍͉̪̺̫̔̔ͥ͛ͣ̽ͥ͌ͧ̓ͧ̾̌͑̎̀́̚Ẹ̶̭̜̩̦̠͔͖̻̻̙̫̖̊ͪ͋̾͐͆̎͌ͥ̇ͦ̽͗̄ͧ̚̚ͅB̨̛̖̝̣̠̼̱̲͖̹͉͔̝̙̰͙̻̍̒̽ͣͨ̕͢Ỏ̸͈̳̠̘̗͈̹̗̲̱͖͕̀̐͆̈̓͐̌ͯ̂ͤͮ͐͠͡Ọ̗̺̟̣͈͍̟̤̩̟̝̗͂̓ͧ́̂̉͗ͬ͒̽ͨͭ̒̂ͦ͛͋́̚̚͡͞T̃͐̇ͭͦ͌ͥ̂̾̔͂͆́͂҉̢͍̞̟̗̹

~ex envy respected member~

~ex divine forces old school~

7ADJUqv.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png