Sports.

Adrian

What childhood sports did you take up and why?

Football & Field Hockey 

Did you ever make it far in the chosen sport?

Played for school/college/university teams

Are you currently still doing any of the sports you did and how often?

Not at the moment

Proudest accomplishments -

Plenty of trophies for winning leagues / tournaments 

Biggest regrets?

Not trying some other sports maybe

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png

Baseball and Basketball. Baseball was a natural one. Was a big sport in my family and amongst my childhood friends. Basketball I kind of got into on a whim when a youth league had started up fresh in my area, so I thought what the hell, I'll see what I can do. 

I played Baseball from Tee Ball (like age 6) up until I was about 16. Basketball from about age 12 until age 15. I stopped playing both in high school due to skill ceiling becoming increasingly large. Basketball was near impossible in an inner city for me, as at 15 I was about 5'8 and the shortest person on our varsity team was like 6'1. I did not have the kind of skill to make up for the height difference. Baseball I could have competed if I really tried. I was pretty good at it naturally, but I didn't take it as seriously as a lot of others and I fell behind because of it. Pitchers at my age were learning more breaking balls and the pitches were getting faster and faster, and my lack of effort had become apparent so I hung up my glove. 

No. I've played Basketball a few times over the years with friends, but nothing organized. 

Proudest accomplishments?

My team won the little league (age 11-12 or so at the time) cup in my city back to back, so that was nice. Nothing in Basketball though. 

Biggest regrets?

I guess giving up on Baseball. I may have been able to continue if I put in more effort, but I'll never really know. Not that I would have made it to a university team or anything, hell no. But finishing school on the team might've been nice. 

• Like 2

Participated in leagues for Basketball, Football, Baseball, Kickball, Dodgeball, Soccer

Only really Football and Basketball

Made it second place two consecutive years in a football tournament, in one we were undefeated the whole season and had beat that team before, but they got the better of us in the tournament.

Not much in Basketball, I did a youth league instead of at my school because the timing of practice and games worked better for me, we lost semi finals of some tourney and I only did it one year. I was asked to join my schools Basketball team many times by the coach since he was the P.E. teacher and I happened to have gym class with a lot of the team members and he saw I had god tier defense skills, but I was really bad at offense so I never wanted to join, knew I wouldn't be good when it came time to drive, and I'm not 6 ft+ so offense would be tough against some of the giants at the other schools. I felt really honored, apart from becoming first pick when making teams in gym class against the actual teams players but also being asked to join bu the coach since this coach had gotten a bad rep after openly stating he would rather take the tallest people in the school even if they were bad and make them good players than to take someone who's shorter and already really talented at Basketball.

I played Basketball a few times with some friends from old jobs pretty frequently until my accident, don't really have the full capability to play sports as I did before. I would have loved to play more football, but could never really find people down to play.

stated above

Biggest regrets?

None that were in my control

• Like 1

Proud Tempest - Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Verified Guest > Bunny Guest > Intro > Applicant > Member

9NYuh93.png

Please if you spot these missing robes, have them returned to Panda|Mike for a reward.

pwJsIm9.png

kE710hg.png

SyIMwbs.png

sTzlcFz.gif

runescape

3x J Cup Champion

i retired 

99 fishing

Biggest regrets?

n/a

• Like 1

~ex envy respected member~

~ex divine forces old school~

7ADJUqv.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Football

They used to call me Gary Goals...

Normally once or twice a week (pre-covid)

Scoring many banging goals and receiving the adulation of my fellow players

Biggest regrets?

Leaving a local team where all my friends played, to join a better team and hope to get scouted. It didn't work out and I ended up not playing for a few years because of it

golf - My dad loves golf and got me to start playing it when I was ~4, did the same with my sister.

karate (Isshin-ryu) - I think I had a friend doing it or something, but I started at ~5 and then stuck with it.

boxing - I'm going to count this one even though I didn't start until college. I took it up partly because my friends thought I couldn't do it.

golf - I played varsity golf for 3 years, but I was somewhat mediocre on the team. I had the talent, but my mental game was crap. I'd play awesome one day and blow up the next, I didn't have any consistency. I think I'd be considered good at golf by most people's standards.
karate - I was one of the youngest in my gym to reach black belt and then second degree black belt. Won a decent number of trophies too.

boxing - My final year of school, I was club captain and won the school's championship.

golf - At this point I only ever play with friends/family for fun. I haven't practiced in ~7 years. I don't even have my clubs in my apartment.

karate - I haven't touched it since leaving for college, I don't think I'll pick it up again.

boxing - Pre-pandemic, I was teaching at a gym and still training. I don't think I'll compete again (because CTE), but the itch lingers a bit.

golf - I guess playing varsity for 3 years. Always a good time when I can manage to beat my dad.

karate - Getting second degree black belt at a young age (~14) was rare at the time and people were usually a little taken aback.

boxing - Winning a championship was certainly cool, but I've always enjoyed the teaching aspect of it more. My final year I cornered 9 different boxers in the finals and I was the most popular corner for the entire tournament.

Biggest regrets?

golf - I just don't think I could ever get into it as much as my dad is. I think if anything, I wish I had spent less time on golf and more time doing other sports.

karate - Not sure if I have any regrets here, it was a big part of my childhood. I stopped competing when I was 12-13, so maybe having continued to compete through my time.

boxing - I didn't start until half way through college and I wish I had started my first year. I think I could've created a legacy and no doubt my college experience as a whole would've been different.

• Like 1

7UeTgyB.png

award.png.c75c7de1112b9f9037829890f77809d1.png

don't be the third whale

Baseball. My father taught me this beautiful sport

Yes

Yes. Im currently playing. It've been almost 16 years since I started

Represent my country in a international tourney

Biggest regrets?

Couldnt travel to tourneys because of school

• Like 1

b0c7b20a-faa7-4184-9a57-022a0307e215.jpg

d9db47b7-9a09-47a9-ba28-3cc31bcf3f5a.jpg

4af24796-620a-4b43-8ecd-78a7eae0899a.jpg

12c14374-00ab-47c9-8c85-dae84b60231d.jpg

Baseball, soccer, and basketball

In high school I started playing golf. I won city, and went to district and regionals. I had the option to play college

Golf

Not sure? Shooting under par after playing for 6 months? Becoming a golf who shoots under par most of the time he plays?

Biggest regrets?

Not playing college golf

• Like 1

Hockey, we played it at school

Dunno what you mean by far, I mean we were unbeaten in the region one year which I guess is good

No, I broke my knee, nose, and jaw over the years but my knee has always had an issue to get stiff when too much pressure on it now, so even after a 10km run it aches like hell. 

Biggest regrets?

YOLO

• Like 1

image.png.0358268c7f5f2f230c3d2a47af7fa054.png

image.png.c6714542ccdd1aa2374d70c8c1c3b1af.png