Gochance1 AMA

Gochance1

I would say most people looking from the outside assumed Downfall was a spastic clan who didn’t take things that seriously.

How do you think that Downfall managed to arguably be the best man for man clan in OSRS when we were all spastics?

How do you think that we developed the culture where the majority of our members were very try hard during fights without having officials have to push it?

• Like 2
  • honk 1
  • heart 1

6pFQ1Cg.png

c662ece776eb1a74311b6ca076398055.png

Did you ever regret joining Tempted Killers? 

9OGbi44.png

[X] Natural Born Killers Warlord || [X] Corruption Council || [X] The Titans Member || [X] Ronin Member

Tempest Member

4 hours ago, D96 said:

Thanks for the replies!

As for the Persians/Pandemic thing it was unfortunate and I can get it because I'm also very competitive, so no hard feelings at all. Personally I enjoyed Downfall's community a lot, I made pretty good friends in there and Downfall was the first main clan I actually cared about. As you said, I wanted to give myself a shot to see how I would do calling in english with the due practice, and because of that and other minor things I ended up leaving. At the same time I feel like some people felt kinda betrayed when I left for DI and ended up holding grudges. Did you also see me as a "traitor" back then or you understood my pov?

All banter aside I knew exactly where you were coming from and had I of been in the same situation I most likely would've done the same thing. At the end of the day everyone has a personal interest and goal. Leaving Downfall definitely helped you get to where you wanted I feel.

Do you think multi-clanning being allowed did more good or bad to Downfall?

Definitely more good than anything else. We weren't going to branch into P2P and sharing with exotic was fine for the most part. I also think it was a benefit for both clans with how often we fought.

Did you think we were actually gonna win that fight vs. RoT in CWA back in 2016? From your perspective, what made us win? I remember a lot of details from that day, from styles to TS atmosphere and it was really fun being there/recording everything.

To this day there are times where I go back and watch your vid(which is a great vid btw). After we won the 3rd round I was convinced that we could beat them that day if they gave us extra rounds which they did. I feel everything was on point that day. Even the 2 rounds we lost the score was very close if I remember correctly. Binds were good. Tanking was good as usual. I felt the ts atmosphere was good and very focused. Our reaction at the end I will never forget. Probably one of the best natural high's I've ever felt as cringy as that sounds lol.  

Why you think Downfall couldn't break the mid sized barreer and become a "top clan"?

I think the fact we didn't play the game often other than warring and the way the clan world viewed us as spastics/cc leavers!! and etc lol. I also feel there was a point where we really weren't trying to recruit. We were okay with where we were at.

What was the Clan Wars team you enjoyed the most fighting against?

Martians or Flip Flops with Descent lol. Those fights were always so competitive and it was bragging rights on Downfall teamspeak until the teams fought again.

Who are the best callers you've heard in OSRS and what made them special?

With only being in Downfall and Renegades I was pretty limited to hearing other callers. I know a lot of people have mentioned True 2k8(when he did call) Jaybird, B289 and yourself in DI.

This is a hard question as every caller has their strengths and weaknesses but when you think of the best you think of consistency and how often you win with them calling so I would have to say -

Devin - Will always be my first person when it comes listing other good callers as him and I have called together for so long. Devin has solid transitions and organized piles(would never call Duvasios where i would and he would call me on it - JEEZ TIM THAT PILE IS FAR BRO EVERYONE ZOOM OUT A LITTLE BIT). Devin has always been consistent.

Lil David - I feel the higher the opts the better he calls. He calls clear and easy piles at a very fast rate. 

Paul - I feel his piles were very smart and tactical if that makes sense lol. I feel at some CWA fights he would just pile the right person at the right time and took his time with piles.

Do you prefer the current box META or fights with fall ins etc like it was in RS2?

I definitely prefer the RS2 warring style. I enjoyed having snipers and taking fall ins. I like the fact people knew who was a good tank and who wasn't. I also like when fall in leaders pile each other and seeing who lasts longer by listening to the teamspeak. I would say I lasted longer 60% of the time lol weird but yeah.

• Like 2

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

4 hours ago, Adam_ said:

Any people you've lost contact with over the years in clanning that you'd like to see / hear from again?

From clanning not really. I have a bunch of people that I've lost contact with from W141 that were my bros. Drg Hunter69, D8d9e1 ETC

What did you hope ending Downfall that the clan's legacy would be? Do you think that's how most people, especially those who were part of it, remember it to be?

That we were arguably one of the best man for man clans out there and the best mid sized clan ever in OSRS while having fun(being spastics).

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

3 hours ago, Jack said:

No questions but had a lot of good times together over the years. On the shortlist for biggest contributor to Downfall without question. Glad to see you doing well

We've definitely have had a lot of good times. Lots of laughs shared between us. Private server shit(hellz taxi scouting), your interesting parties like 72 range and 91 mage etc. That 10k war that we did for fucking 8 hours. Bsing people around BH in open cc's. The list can go on and on. You also have contributed a lot to Downfall as well and from someone who was there from the start on and off it was greatly appreciated. We have to run it down mid sometime on league.  

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

2 hours ago, Crest227 said:

In terms of running Downfall? I was the only viable option at the time, I was initially council. You weren’t in the picture until the clan was established and Devin wasn’t involved for like 6/12 months every year. Jack periodically had to go inactive, I was the one who picked Jack to co-lead with me. Which I feel left me to run the clan with Adam, until he bailed to Df2, so yeah I ran it. Any of the above can feel free to dispute that, but I know you won’t.

This is completely understandable. Jack was going mia and had to make a choice and I agree that you were the right fit.

I was always the outsider in the clan. I had a great relationship with Jack, still do, but I understood that there was a big gap between me and the younger generation, plus I wasn’t old school Downfall. So I set goals, what I did was have Jack be our head leader, our frontline guy to bring everyone together and I was simply his main advisor and the guy who would look after the clan when he was inactive. I definitely surpassed those goals, it’s quite evident with the success we had and the foundation we built, which is still visible to this day.

You definitely did your job of taking care of the clan while Jack was MIA. I honestly don't remember a whole lot from the time you were leader minus some beef and drama here and there within staff about certain subjects. What those subjects were I don't even remember. Overall, you did what you thought was right for Downfall at the time and I respect that. 

We leveraged our position perfectly, just like our entire time in osrs. This isn’t my ama so I’m going to fast forward to what Devin’s talking about and fill in the gaps. You guys lied to me and betrayed me when you gave me some bullshit logs to try and get wee_man off zybez. You fucked me on that and compromised my trust with you guys for no reason.

This I do not recall the issue with Wee Man and zybez. I don't think I was apart of this. If I was, I do not remember at all lol.

I agree I’m not the leader type, I’m the guy in the background micromanaging things and evaluating with the leader. I’ve simply been a leader so many times because of the lack of them available. Which I think you can understand the sentiment there bro. I think Jack was the only leader we had, I don’t think you were the guy, nor me. Jack was a bit of me and you, making him the perfect fit. He’s actually one of the most under rated guys I’ve ever worked with. Right after Evizu, I’d put Jack. I got love for you bro, always have always will, brothers don’t always see eye to eye, but you know I’ve had your back for the past decade, that shit won’t change. Sorry for the hijack bro!

I completely understand with the lack of availability of leaders and respect you for stepping up everytime the opportunity came. Definitely agree that Jack is very underrated as a rank and leader. I agree we might not of seen eye to eye on somethings but I've always respected you as a person and always will. Nice seeing you around the clan community agian.

• heart 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

3 hours ago, Steikas said:

Goatchance simple as that

Christmas Steak simple as that. Happy you are in this clan bro.

2 hours ago, true said:

Can you rank and evaluate all of Dfalls callers from OSRS

This is when Downfall was alive - not now

Jack - 8/10 - Good pile selections and definitely won us fights in the beginning of osrs because of his calling. I would say Pre-Eoc was definitely his prime though.

Devin - 9/10 - Very consistent and good transitions with good pile selection

Mohd - 7/10 - Big hype guy. Can take over the teamspeak when he starts calling. Only things he needed to work on was not rushing piles and portal control.

Conv - 7/10 - Started calling in Downfall and was doing good. I think the only thing he lacked was confidence and sometimes over thought things sometimes.

D96 - 7/10 - I think this is where Diogo started calling in english the most. He had good pile selection for the most part but I think sometimes lacked portal control and some times didn't drop piles soon enough.

Dr Destiny - 7/10 - Glenn is a good caller but sometimes also lacks portal control and some times didn't drop piles soon enough.

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

4 hours ago, true said:

Whats your opinion of Lovelost & his short stint in Dfall?

I honestly never been a fan of Lovelost. Hate how he would join a clan and automatically give his input and start suggesting stuff. His short stint involved him joining thinking he can do something to help and etc. He then realized Downfall was in a good spot and joined a clan who sucked and needed help, The Rising.

4 hours ago, sheli~ said:

I would say most people looking from the outside assumed Downfall was a spastic clan who didn’t take things that seriously.

How do you think that Downfall managed to arguably be the best man for man clan in OSRS when we were all spastics?

I think the fact that everyone had Downfall Pride on their chest was a part of our huge success. It's like we were all proud to be apart of the spastic clan called Downfall and being able to perform at such a high level. It was also nice that everyone loved to win and hated losing. After every loss staff/members would discuss what they think went wrong but not in a toxic way. I also think that most of us being in teams that were very competitive helped out.

How do you think that we developed the culture where the majority of our members were very try hard during fights without having officials have to push it?

I think the fact over 50% of us were in teams helped us develop that mentality. I also think the teamspeak atmosphere after winning was also very contagious. After a win you know it was time for curvy or banter with the lads.

3 hours ago, Buzz said:

Did you ever regret joining Tempted Killers? 

No, I had quite a few friends in that clan. It was fun but not what I was looking for.

1 hour ago, Dickus said:

thoughts on The1%

I honestly loved that team. It was different compared to other teams because it had members that weren't in every other team. Plus the banter was fun.

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Rumor has it you believed Firehands9 took your RSN.

What was going through your heart, mind, soul, body, testicles and feet when the truth was finally revealed?

Edited by heureuse
  • honk 1

b87f1af6bfaf3ba745de207c6f282c0f.png

1 minute ago, heureuse said:

Rumor has it you believed Firehands9 took your RSN.

What was going through your heart, mind, soul, body, testicles and feet when the truth was finally revealed?

I started that rumor. Can you recover that account?

ow9pwJg.png

XrAGsn0.pngkizEeaT.png

sow0bTf.png