Gochance1 AMA

Gochance1

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

Don’t really have any questions to ask, I’m well aware of you and your presence in the scene over the years. I will say, however, that I’m glad I’ve slowly taken the time to observe and get to know you and how you operate. You are instrumental to our day to day operations and your calling abilities are a huge part of why we have been so successful at our events. Game focus aside, You’re incredibly thoughtful, kind, encouraging, and motivational and I love who you are as a person. 

One of these days we ought to chat more when my schedule isn’t so congested. Thank you for everything you do!

Thank you for the kind words and thank you for being apart of the clan! I do try my best in wars to make sure we come out with a W! We will have to have another chat soon!

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, dwg said:

Do you regret anything in Downfall (OSRS)? Whether it be a decision we made, a fight we took, an official we promoted, member we allowed in, etc

Yes, @Mohd for getting the fight with forsaken when we had a day off and making me lose my beaver. I don't have any regrets when it comes to Downfall. I feel our staff team was pretty decent and we always have tried to make the best decision with knowing what we knew at the time. I do wish we had more numbers so we had more flexibility with who we fought and when.

• Haha 4

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, true said:

Thoughts on Ben h0tgun as a clan leader

I like Ben but leading is not his thing. Warlord material for sure. Seems like he has no drive to recruit or put his clan in a spot for success as a leader. 

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, true said:

what clan leaders (current or former) do you respect the least?

Hotgun - feels like he is always doing something shady and dumb lol

Chronicflame - cool guy but spy as official wtf?

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, TheEggMan said:

It's been a pleasure knowing you all the way since Downfall in 2007/2008, Solace, and now Tempy. I'm glad you reached out to me regarding Tempy and I decided to give it a shot. Thanks for all the work you do here!

What are your top 3 most memorable or enjoyable fights/events in your clanning career? For me, I remember there was a time Tko Blitz fought Rejuvenation in a CWRI and we started with 25 vs 55 and ended with a tie. There also was the Downfall vs Legendz 51vs 54 CWA that I still remember clearly to this day.  

It has been a pleasure knowing you for that long as well! Was cool to see how much you progressed as a clanner.

1. CR vs EH - 5 hour cap. This was my first BIG fight I had. I loved it but didn't have the supplies to last the whole time

2. Downfall vs RoT - Felt so good beating them after beating everyone for 1.5 years.

3. Downfall + PH vs DF was before EOC hit

3. Beating Flip Flops 27 war streak with Descent

I probably forgot some fights but that is right off the top of my head.

I remember that Lgz fight like it was yesterday lol. Your tank was so legendary and funny at the same time it was awesome. For Downfall!

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Going to take @danex's approach here ?

We've known each other for a very long time.. I believe you and Mohd were the first people I ever spoke to on TeamSpeak. [osrs]Downfall accomplished a lot in a short time, and a strong leadership team combined with dedicated members are to thank for that. I reminisce about the Downfall community, which needs no explanation - anyone that was in or involved with us in any capacity knows what we were about.  In short, we share a lot of good memories over the years.  Glad to see you're considering going back to school, and I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever career path you choose. You're a good guy and people gravitate towards you, it was as clear as day in Downfall and it seems no different in Tempest. I don't want to be long with it.. it's crazy that we originally met when I was in 8/9th grade and now I'm about to finish undergrad. Blessings to you and yours Tim.. im sure we'll be in touch

• Like 1
  • heart 1

LrnARVR.png

50 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Congrats on getting married.

Which fights come to mind that you've been apart of that were most memorable for you (any reasons why)?

What were your favourite rivalries that you've been apart of?

Thank you I appreciate it!

1. CR vs EH - 5 hour cap. This was my first BIG fight I had. I loved it but didn't have the supplies to last the whole time

2. Downfall vs RoT - Felt so good beating them after beating everyone for 1.5 years.

3. Downfall + PH vs DF was before EOC hit

3. Beating Flip Flops 27 war streak with Descent

1. Midsized clans had rivalries with every other midsized clan haha but ones that stand out are Downfall vs Envy,  Downfall vs Gladz, Downfall + Ph vs Solace, Solace + Downfall + Pure Hatred vs VR/EOS/GEN, PH VS GEN

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

14 minutes ago, true said:

Apart from me being AFK when you joined, what were your impressions of each of DF's officials when you joined Feb/March-ish 2018?

Murray - He loved the clan and was invested. Weird though.

Omniusha - Don't remember too much about him tbh

Rene - Solid staff member and a do it mentality. Also a very nice person.

Jelle - Meatshield 

Sugar - Big runescape player and loved by the community

George - Thought he was gonna be more active at the time. Really only showed up to events to call and that's it.

Also:

6326b13696b047062aee011ae1308363.png

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

8 minutes ago, conv said:

Going to take @danex's approach here ?

We've known each other for a very long time.. I believe you and Mohd were the first people I ever spoke to on TeamSpeak. [osrs]Downfall accomplished a lot in a short time, and a strong leadership team combined with dedicated members are to thank for that. I reminisce about the Downfall community, which needs no explanation - anyone that was in or involved with us in any capacity knows what we were about.  In short, we share a lot of good memories over the years.  Glad to see you're considering going back to school, and I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever career path you choose. You're a good guy and people gravitate towards you, it was as clear as day in Downfall and it seems no different in Tempest. I don't want to be long with it.. it's crazy that we originally met when I was in 8/9th grade and now I'm about to finish undergrad. Blessings to you and yours Tim.. im sure we'll be in touch

I remember the first time you jumped on teamspeak and chatted with us(your voice was definitely different then haha). It was very cool to see how far you come clanning wise and personality wise. Was awesome to see you give calling a go in Downfall. You definitely had a lot of potential. I think we were fighting TR once and like 2-3 callers died in a row and you were up and you shit on them. There was a logging in problem so it was pretty much whoever got cleared first won and you cleared them. I hope the rest of the school year goes well for you and you are able to find a job with ease.

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Looking back do you think that opening Renegades at the time we did wasn't the best of ideas? There wasn't many people to recruit at the time and most from closed clans (Exotic/Forsaken/Downfall and later Damage Inc & DF refugees) weren't interested in warring past their "main" clan closing. 

Do you think Renegades would have ended differently had the F2P scene thrived instead of completely dying off? I went inactive due to work 2 or so months before you guys closed but just before my inactivity TR had closed after avoiding us in a sharkbrew tournament and CT/REV weren't really interested in F2P outside of the odd tournament fight.

I'm glad I got on good terms with most of the downfall core through Team Trinity before Forsaken/Downfall closed. It has allowed me to make even more friends across the clanning scene that alot of people don't have due to "clan beef" which, as someone who sees things for how they are, was dumb to have in the first place. (To quote you earlier in this thread, Forsaken is full of spastics too they are just dutch :classic_tongue:). Good thread so far enjoyed the read, most of these AMA's are for people I don't really know well so it's been refreshing to see what you've done previously that has brought you to this point. Best of luck with school if you decide to pursue it :classic_smile:.

• Like 3

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png

14 minutes ago, Applerune said:

Cool to see the AMA. There's a lot of untold stories among the smaller clans that I bet rival those of the bigger ones. Thanks for doing it!

Yeah there are a lot of untold stories between all the midsized clans. Midsized uncapped fights or unplanned and uncapped fights were also really awesome. Got to see who was truly dedicated and not.

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png