Gochance1 AMA

Gochance1

Have you noticed the frogs in lumbridge turning gay? 

What has been your favorite moment so far with tempest? 

Whats your pc set up? 

OAKcWeK.pngFree VenomOAKcWeK.png

the3amigos.png

3fc45b0fb59abd6ee943ef1689b73b.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Indeed, things could of been very different if you guys hadn't joined as part of a mass join. My memory of this period is pretty much gone so it's hard to say how it would of played out.

I don't really have any questions. Just to say, in my opinion at least, you're as good a caller as I've ever heard in all my time. I'd rate you as being better than Radicalsurfu who in my opinion was the best caller from the pre-eoc era.

Thank you so much for the compliment, actually means a lot coming from you. You were someone I definitely looked up to while I was clanning. It’s been fun working beside you and love what you bring to our staff team.

1 hour ago, Wee Man said:

Do you ever miss the outlandish level of spasticness clans like ph/downfall had? 

What kind of direction should jagex take with the wilderness in your opinion? 

Yes, I love spastics and being one at times. What about you?

I’m not sold that the wilderness needs an update. If crashing wasn’t a thing I think fewer worlds could potentially help short preps and finding teams or clans to fight against. With the understanding that being able to hug can’t be fixed I would say make snares P2P only again.

50 minutes ago, Sus said:

Have you noticed the frogs in lumbridge turning gay? 

What has been your favorite moment so far with tempest? 

Whats your pc set up? 

1. I have not...

2. Collaborating with all the staff and members to make the clan very successful.

3. I spent 3k on my set up this past June. AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core processor, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB x2, Samsung 970 Pro M.2 2280 1b

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

What’s one of the hardest decisions you had to make as an official?

It seems like downfall was a huge part of your clanning history. Do you have any regrets not staying there?

How is tempest different from the other clans you have joined?

Spoiler

JlotNFB.gif

IEJv51q.gif

bestperstmember.png

friendliestmember.png

hwW0HvN.png

6TnAgyg.png

5 hours ago, true said:

what is the worst decision you've made while leading dfall/rng

As a Warlord I temporarily demoted the leader of downfall Amateurnoob. 

3 hours ago, Pietru said:

Where do you think the clan world will be in a year from now?

Very hard to say. Right now it is definitely moving in a positive direction and I hope it maintains that way. I think if we(as in the clan world) can continue to bring back old school clanners and also recruit new faces clanning should still exist and be fun like it is now.

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

9 hours ago, Out said:

Looking back do you think that opening Renegades at the time we did wasn't the best of ideas? There wasn't many people to recruit at the time and most from closed clans (Exotic/Forsaken/Downfall and later Damage Inc & DF refugees) weren't interested in warring past their "main" clan closing. 

I am 50/50 on this. I feel everyone(including myself and mainly myself) could of put more effort into recruiting so we didn't have to rely on people that were already in a team/clan that did not prioritize us. I think having shared members really made P2P not viable for us as a clan. Also our in game activity wasn't the greatest either which didn't help.

Do you think Renegades would have ended differently had the F2P scene thrived instead of completely dying off? I went inactive due to work 2 or so months before you guys closed but just before my inactivity TR had closed after avoiding us in a sharkbrew tournament and CT/REV weren't really interested in F2P outside of the odd tournament fight.

I think it would of ended completely different. We made the clan with F2P being the main source of action. With F2P dying around that time it honestly made closing an easy decision. Had F2P of been thriving who knows what would of happened.

I'm glad I got on good terms with most of the downfall core through Team Trinity before Forsaken/Downfall closed. It has allowed me to make even more friends across the clanning scene that alot of people don't have due to "clan beef" which, as someone who sees things for how they are, was dumb to have in the first place. (To quote you earlier in this thread, Forsaken is full of spastics too they are just dutch :classic_tongue:). Good thread so far enjoyed the read, most of these AMA's are for people I don't really know well so it's been refreshing to see what you've done previously that has brought you to this point. Best of luck with school if you decide to pursue it :classic_smile:.

I honestly did not know much about you prior to Renegades. I was happy you joined Renegades and were apart of the staff team as you were a great addition. I also enjoy bantering around on teamspeak with you.

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 hour ago, Gochance1 said:

Yes, I love spastics and being one at times. What about you?

I’m not sold that the wilderness needs an update. If crashing wasn’t a thing I think fewer worlds could potentially help short preps and finding teams or clans to fight against. With the understanding that being able to hug can’t be fixed I would say make snares P2P only again.

Man the days where you just didn't care and you just talked the wildest shit you can think of was so much fun, I miss it a lot. RSC had the same kind of vibe, incredibly fun baiting people into raging at you and getting themselves suspended.

As for the wildy needing an update I have to disagree with you. Going back to PH/Downfall days you could literally step into the wild and run a pk trip all day long finding a tonne of different people to pk for loot, fight against or get cleared by. Nowadays the wild seems to be relegated to having only established pkers rather than a random mix of all kinds of players. It's supposed to be an area of the game balanced around the fact you might die and that's where the thrill (i.e. fun) came from and imo that's essentially how clans and the wildy foodchain was fuelled. A lot of people went in the wild for the content (EPing, Fog, CWA lobby, rev caves, clue scrolls, brawling gloves, corp, KBD, Green drags, agility course, stealing creation) and learning how to pk/joining a clan came later, without that content you cut off the entire supply and end up with what we have now, which while we all can say we still enjoy, just isn't the same thing at all. The closest we came to having that back in recent memory was Rev caves but its a shame that they were relegated to an easy to defend, boring cave. Imagine that shit on the surface wildy where you couldn't instantly return.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

43 minutes ago, Flukejiver said:

What’s one of the hardest decisions you had to make as an official?

Closing Downfall in OSRS

It seems like downfall was a huge part of your clanning history. Do you have any regrets not staying there?

No, I enjoyed the clanning experience I got when I was not in Downfall. However, I do regret joining some of the clans after leaving Downfall.

How is tempest different from the other clans you have joined?

Tempest is very active in game and most clans I've been in weren't as active. The staff team is very unique and made of people from numerous clans with numerous backgrounds. The amount of experience in our staff is truly amazing. The community is unique. Almost everyone gets along and yesterday we had 51 people on teamspeak with 5 different channels going. Who else has that?

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

How exactly did it all come together for Tempest? What was True’s pitch? Were you immediately sold?

To my understanding I believe True, Lil David and Venenatis were talking behind the scenes and wanted to get a grasp of how many people would be interested. True told me he had thoughts about it and who was going to be in it from the start if it happened. He asked if I was interested and how many people I can potentially recruit to the clan. I didn't have to wait to decide I knew immediately I wanted to join.

• Like 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

1 minute ago, Wee Man said:

Man the days where you just didn't care and you just talked the wildest shit you can think of was so much fun, I miss it a lot. RSC had the same kind of vibe, incredibly fun baiting people into raging at you and getting themselves suspended.

As for the wildy needing an update I have to disagree with you. Going back to PH/Downfall days you could literally step into the wild and run a pk trip all day long finding a tonne of different people to pk for loot, fight against or get cleared by. Nowadays the wild seems to be relegated to having only established pkers rather than a random mix of all kinds of players. It's supposed to be an area of the game balanced around the fact you might die and that's where the thrill (i.e. fun) came from and imo that's essentially how clans and the wildy foodchain was fuelled. People went in the wild for the content (EPing, Fog, CWA lobby, rev caves, clue scrolls, brawling gloves, corp, KBD, Green drags, agility course) and learning how to pk/joining a clan came later, without that content you cut off the entire supply and end up with what we have now, which while we all can say we still enjoy, just isn't the same thing at all. The closest we came to having that back in recent memory was Rev caves but its a shame that they were relegated to an easy to defend, boring cave. Imagine that shit on the surface wildy where you couldn't instantly return.

I remember you being a keyboard warrior on RSC lol there were some interesting topics out there with some massive quote towers.

I do agree that all those things brought people into the wilderness however some of those still exist. Maybe they need to add more content that is appealing to all runescapers instead of certain pvmers. If I remember correctly brawling gloves helped gain exp in any given skill? Something like that could be helpful but I just don't see Jagex doing that soon or at all in the future.

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Just now, Gochance1 said:

I do agree that all those things brought people into the wilderness however some of those still exist. Maybe they need to add more content that is appealing to all runescapers instead of certain pvmers. If I remember correctly brawling gloves helped gain exp in any given skill? Something like that could be helpful but I just don't see Jagex doing that soon or at all in the future.

Well that's mostly my point, there's a huge backlash from the rest of the game about putting top tier rewarding content (skilling, pvm, money making) into the wild due to not liking the idea of being "lured" into the wild for pkers to feast on. I just think they're completely missing the point of the wilderness. It's not supposed to be a place for established competitive pkers and no one else, it's primarily supposed to be a dangerous and thrilling area of the game where you could die at any moment whereas they see it as an area for just for pkers to fight each other. If that mentality persists and grows then we can expect worse and worse updates or just straight up neglect from Jagex which will hurt activity.

Anyway I'm done hijacking your AMA to get on my soapbox. Also fuck you Tim ❤️

• Like 2

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

4 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

Well that's mostly my point, there's a huge backlash from the rest of the game about putting top tier rewarding content (skilling, pvm, money making) into the wild due to not liking the idea of being "lured" into the wild for pkers to feast on. I just think they're completely missing the point of the wilderness. It's not supposed to be a place for established competitive pkers and no one else, it's primarily supposed to be a dangerous and thrilling area of the game where you could die at any moment whereas they see it as an area for just for pkers to fight each other. If that mentality persists and grows then we can expect worse and worse updates or just straight up neglect from Jagex which will hurt activity.

Anyway I'm done hijacking your AMA to get on my soapbox. Also fuck you Tim ❤️

Yeah I completely agree if they don't add something to attract skillers they at least need to create a boss that is worth doing and can create the same amount of income as other bosses that aren't in the wilderness. You aren't hijacking anything brother. Love having conversations with you and also fuck you to goober ♥️

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

If Downfall wasn't in the picture which clan would you have stayed in or Joined? If so who and why? (PRE-EOC, OSRS)

Being a Leader of a clan as I know you don't like being one. What was your mindset when you lose motivation when you became one after a period of time?(idk if im making sense to you but i think you get what I mean)

If you wanted to change one thing about Downfall Leadership what would you change and why? And who do you think would of been a great asset and fits into the downfall leadership? (From any certain individuals you know)

Honestly one of the best pals through out my whole runescape career. I've loved seeing you improve and becoming the best out of the best through out these 13 years because I knew you had it in you. Loved leading with you because everyday there was always a new thing to learn and we adapted. And no one saw us we can be like that coming from W141 clan. the way you change your mindset in fights was always astonishing I must say.

Much love brother. And congrats on the marriage!

sorry for you beaver!!!

Edited by Mohd
  • heart 1

ZO59T.png

SUIcL.png

5KOIjnM.png

GZshsfn.png

45zjl4P.gif

What were your thoughts about me back in Downfall/did anything change?

What were your thoughts about Exotic?

What are your thoughs about Wilderland?

List 5 brazilian/portuguese men that comes to mind

Did you ever consider joining RoT?

Any fight comes to mind in terms of your calling performance sticking out?

Edited by D96

gucpsM8.gif

53 minutes ago, Mohd said:

If Downfall wasn't in the picture which clan would you have stayed in or Joined? If so who and why? (PRE-EOC, OSRS)

Pre Eoc - I am not sure tbh. I am a big community guy and enjoy big wars so maybe one of the following: RSD/DF/EOS

OSRS - DF/DI

Being a Leader of a clan as I know you don't like being one. What was your mindset when you lose motivation when you became one after a period of time?(idk if im making sense to you but i think you get what I mean)

There's a couple times where I lost motivation and there are multiple mindsets I had. Depending on the situation... Rengades, it was because of work I did not wanna jump on the CPU after a 14-15 hour a day. I want to spend the time with my wife. Also depends on staff and and what everyone is doing. Impact, I lost motivation because I did not want to kick Killer Fame and Danzant so PD at the time tried to do everything to crash/ fuck with us over two people in the clan.

If you wanted to change one thing about Downfall Leadership what would you change and why? And who do you think would of been a great asset and fits into the downfall leadership? (From any certain individuals you know)

I honestly loved everyone in Downfalls leadership. Everyone had their role and we executed it pretty well. That's a good question tbh. I do not have an answer at this moment I will have to get back to you. I really did enjoy Downfalls leadership team and don't think we needed to add anyone.

Honestly one of the best pals through out my whole runescape career. I've loved seeing you improve and becoming the best out of the best through out these 13 years because I knew you had it in you. Loved leading with you because everyday there was always a new thing to learn and we adapted. And no one saw us we can be like that coming from W141 clan. the way you change your mindset in fights was always astonishing I must say.

Much love brother. And congrats on the marriage!

Thanks man I really appreciate it! I definitely feel the same. You are one of my best bro's on the game and have been for a while. I loved seeing you develop into the person and clanner you are now. We have many crazy memories that will always stick with us and I love it. I'm happy that you started calling and took it serious. Was always fun listening to you call as you are a big hype man and make it fun to war. I was happy when you were on board to join the clan. Love being in the same clan as you.

• Like 1
  • heart 1

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png