Gochance1 AMA

Gochance1

Hello, my name is Tim and runescape name is Gochance1. Started clanning in 2008 but have been following the scene since 2007ish. 

Irl Stuff
I am 27 years old and have been gaming most my life. I got married recently and have been with my wife for roughly 6.5 years. I've worked retail management for the past 4 years. I've been assistant manager and store manager. Recently I have stepped down from a manager role because I do not want to pursue retail as my career and hopefully in the coming Winter I will start going to school. I started gaming in 2002 with playing Madden, All-star baseball and NBA 2k. I really enjoyed playing sport games and prioritized them until my cousin Minermime showed me runescape in the 6th grade. Once I started playing runescape that was easily my favorite game. 

Runescape Stuff
When I started playing runescape I was definitely more on the pking side than anything else. I would make numerous pures with different styles but never got them past 50-55 combat. Once I reached level 100 on the main is when I started clanning. 

Before jumping into the clan history. I was what you would call the clan hopper. I wasn't sure what I wanted. I valued community's but I honestly felt I valued warring and certain fights over community's during periods of my clanning career.

Clanning before EOC
The Viet Clan - 2008: This was technically my first clan. - I went to two fights and stopped showing up. I thought it was very sketchy they were talking about teamspeak and no way my parents would be okay with hearing people as I did not use headphones at that time.
K0 Unit - 2008: This was the first clan I was technically involved in and took the time to get to know people. However, most the members ended up leaving due to conflict with sportdemon91(I think).
Downfall - 2008-2009: Clan was made in 2008 as a branch off of K0 Unit led by Amateurnoob. I honestly can't remember if I held a rank before leaving. I really wanted to do pvp fights so downfall started pking with 10 people but with being a clan wars clan this wasn't possible. Definitely loved the clan just not the fights which is why I ended up leaving.
Crimson Raiders - July 2009- September 2009: I was in this clan for roughly 2 months. I was definitely one of the lower combat levels in the clan but enjoyed every fight. Unfortunately I did not have the bank to keep up with the long fights. For the 5 hour cap EH fight I attended I had 10 rune sets. Lost 9 sets in the first 2 hours so I got off the computer and went to the park to shoot some hoops and came back with 5 minutes and used my last set for ending. Left because I missed the homies in Downfall and my bank couldn't keep up.
Downfall - September 2009 - October 2009: I rejoined Downfall because I missed the boys. Unfortunately I did not miss the fights. This is why I stayed for 2 months. I was still trying my best to get Downfall to do PvP which was slowly working but wasn't as fast as I wanted(very selfish with no patience).
Solace - October 2009 - December 2009: I joined a small midsized clan that was just made. Met a lot of cool people here and enjoyed the fights in PvP. Left because of bank issues and missed the clan wars community(world 141 people)
Tempted Killers - December 2009 - February 2010: This was also a newish clan that was made. I was given Warlord. Stayed for 2 months wasn't really my group of people. Missed the downfall boys.
Downfall - February 2010 - June 2011: I rejoined Downfall having the mentality I wanted to stay here for a while and help things develop. Within a month I obtained Council. At this time you could apply for ranks. After 2-3 weeks of being in the clan I applied for Council(got it thanks to amateurnoob). I was good friends with everyone in this clan. I loved the community and the wars were getting better. However at this point I was starting realize community is better than wars. At some point I was not happy and cannot remember why so I left. I was warlord rank.    
Chivalry Legion - June 2011 - October 2011: Upon leaving Downfall I had a couple clans message me trying to recruit me. They were one of them. I got into teamspeak with them and they recruited their asses off. I had no intentions of joining CL but I was sold. This clan was fun for the first couple months. We had a uncapped fight vs corruption which lasted 7-8 hours, that was really fun. One thing that I disliked about this clan was the community wasn't the same as downfalls. Wasn't very active on teamspeak minus wars and if it was active there were 4 people. Roughly 5 months later I went home for the last time. Also found out prior to leaving if I would of stayed an extra 2-3 days I would of received a santa hat for attendance. RIP  
Downfall - October 2011 - November 2012: Knowing this was my final move. I was very happy and was really able to "spread my wings" with what I was capable of. After 4-5 months I was starting to call again and was put into the order. Every fight Downfall had was a blast. I loved all the people in the clan and we had a great group for a staff team. The 13 months went by so fast and it was a blast. Downfall decided to close when EOC came out. RIP

Eoc
Pure Hatred - When EOC came out I decided to join Ph which was a no brainer because of the alliance Downfall and Ph had. I enjoyed being in PH. I was a fish during EOC though so I spent most wars calling from the orb.

Old School
Pure Hatred - Ph moved to OSRS. This was really fun. Somethings do not change and we went back to crashing genesis again which I always found fun. Any kind of F2p action I loved. After genesis died ph decided to close. 
Damage Inc - After PH closed we went to Damage Inc as a semi serious semi troll thing. I actually enjoyed it. The teamspeak was decent and the fights were good. Left with the ph homies.
Dynasty - Nothing to Say
Bearz - Nothing to Say
Downfall - By far the best clan I've been in quality wise and community wise. This was my home and loved every second of it. We defeated every clan in the game and it felt great.
Violent Resolution - Joined this for 1 week after downfall closed. First event was a joke and decided to make Impact.
Impact - Nothing to say
Divine Forces - The only clan that looked appealing at the time. Some of the fights were fun but was definitely demoralizing losing cwa fights that should of won. Some of the boys were looking to clan so we made Renegades.
Renegades - This clan was fun and unique with a couple of new people in the staff group. Had a really good group of callers and solid members as well. We won most of our CWA fights and did well in p2p. With staff becoming busy and etc we closed.
Vanguard - This was a very chill place for me after renegades and moving back to my home state for work. I met a lot of new people and made friends with some of them. I surprisingly enjoyed my time in Vanguard even with them not having many pvp events.
Tempest - Love this clan. Amazing group of people and love the staff team.

Ask me anything!

• Like 3
  • heart 2

vz0W9.png

m6zFANX.png

d37LUz2.png

nB1QT1Z.png

Fvhvuok.png

EX1m0Hm.jpg

eD0QSp2.png

V6zxJTj.png

VlM6AW8.png

timofficer3.png

timofficer.png

Do you regret not leading in a "top" clan at some point and competing for #1 when the clan world was still extremely competitive? If so, what clan do you feel like you would have fit into?

Who are the best/worst callers you've ever led against?

What did you learn/take from your short stint in CR that helped you down the line?

Who is the biggest cannibal you've ever met?

Worst officials in DFall?

aUBwTQ1.png

Who is the best black caller and why is it me?

• pepesus 1

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: Knight Frank

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games. Now too busy.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

when renegades was a thing i stopped by your discord and had a little chat with you and mentioned my old rsn and you said you remembered me and encouraged me to post a community intro and register on forums

genuinely curious, did you actually remember me? or were you just being nice lmao

back in those times i was just some 90 cb noob you let tag along to some fights in your cc in purple portal 

edit: no hard feelings if you didn't actually remember me btw 

Edited by Adam_

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

What was your most favorite memory in impact (imo mine was castle wars)?

What was the main reason for the closure of downfall? How come we didn’t step into the p2p scene more? Did fairly well against CT and DForces during some trips.

who was the biggest troll in downfall?

gpTNNuq.gif

QKno4xC.gif

guKmUq1.gif

lQBP3yB.gif

what ever happened to amateurnoob? i remember he was the leader of downfall back when they first formed after splitting off k0 unit

didn't sportsdemon end up joining downfall himself? what ever happened to that guy 

on the topic of ppl from original downfall - do you remember lawidget ? she was the only other person whose rsn i could remember because she was nice to me despite me being a huge noob and probably really annoying since i was a kid at the time. if yea, do you know what happened to her? pretty sure she was a rank and always in full saradomin lmao

ive heard a few things about something happened with rob jr in renegades ? don't know much about it tho so what's that about and what happened? mind telling the story?

did you ever think you'd be involved in clans again in any serious capacity let alone as a rank after renegades?

how did true convince you to join tempest? or how did you decide you wanted to be a part of it?

since you've been around so long i'm sure you're at least somewhat familiar with these clans, so thoughts on:

AF

Rev

RoT

DF

Tempest

SV

Jaja (closed now)

PD

WL

DR

CT (also closed)

VR

DK

6 minutes ago, Gochance1 said:

For the 5 hour cap EH fight I attended I had 10 rune sets. Lost 9 sets in the first 2 hours so I got off the computer and went to the park to shoot some hoops and came back with 5 minutes and used my last set for ending.

This is a poetic ending 

8 minutes ago, Gochance1 said:

Dynasty - Nothing to Say
Bearz - Nothing to Say

RIP @Bow

9 minutes ago, Gochance1 said:

Vanguard - This was a very chill place for me after renegades and moving back to my home state for work. I met a lot of new people and made friends with some of them. I surprisingly enjoyed my time in Vanguard even with them not having many pvp events.

Vanguard may not have been the best at PvP, but I always made sure it excelled community wise!

Q. What were some of your top highlights in Downfall?

pre eoc & osrs

Banner.gif.dc80e2784c0ab7a1fee5354fe35d4

for someone who knows nothing about dynasty and bearz, how come whenever it comes up on a q&a or other topic (think this is the 2nd/3rd time ive seen it?) people usually say "no comment" or "nothing to say" ? 

• Confused 1
  • pepesus 1