Wee Man AMA

Wee Man

8 hours ago, Wee Man said:

First off, you're from a third world country don't talk to me like that. Second, I was essentially the number two for the majority of Ronin's run behind Scott so no, not underrated in any sense of the word. I know your entire clanning experience is with absolute dog shit clans but you should be able to recognise that when people put some sort of effort into it, whether that's behind the scenes "slave work" (not sure what you think I did in Ronin but that wasn't it), leading the clan, recruiting, calling or anything at all, the clan tends to improve. Look at Tempest as a shining example and I mean look from the outside because a clan of our calibre wouldn't accept retards like you potrash.

*cough*

TCjwhir.png tQE2R94.png RItwOd2.png DltxOTc.png 52tSgGg.png MeTk54I.png o8Pf55V.png 2mYPcaX.png UPHKJ9n.png 1LZiOBf.png o4JEM97.png cxNDuYJ.png wmYMLpH.png 0RtiQN3.png CdxqL1f.png SyLBOf1.png zUP0cHX.png gIKTBOI.png VYG8JpC.png 16sjvqQ.png hB4E1GU.png Y7ikmOu.png m7eJYQ6.png ulztZf9.png Qsk2CcE.png vWx9jA8.png isINOq8.png btQNhaN.png D3RbV73.png kKkc5zV.png vdQNHgx.png

Edited by Melo C
  • Haha 2
  • sus 1
  • hash 1
  • heart 1
  • pepesus 1

8 hours ago, Melo C said:

*cough*

TCjwhir.png tQE2R94.png RItwOd2.png DltxOTc.png 52tSgGg.png MeTk54I.png o8Pf55V.png 2mYPcaX.png UPHKJ9n.png 1LZiOBf.png o4JEM97.png cxNDuYJ.png wmYMLpH.png 0RtiQN3.png CdxqL1f.png SyLBOf1.png zUP0cHX.png gIKTBOI.png VYG8JpC.png 16sjvqQ.png hB4E1GU.png Y7ikmOu.png m7eJYQ6.png ulztZf9.png Qsk2CcE.png vWx9jA8.png isINOq8.png btQNhaN.png D3RbV73.png kKkc5zV.png vdQNHgx.png

I can't believe you just flamed all those people by comparing them to that fucking clown.

• ned 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

5 minutes ago, Elder Jr said:

I own a eSports organization now lmao

How many Paki dollars is that worth 

image.png.b4cc6de571465570c99843ecb9c7308e.png

tumblr_nb5lrs02NY1tgbziwo4_400.gif

The Titans Officer

Ronin PK Leader

Tempy Legend

On 3/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, Wee Man said:

What is the sketchiest thing you've seen behind the scenes at Zybez?

Reading about the database leak once I got admin access was up there for sure. There was a few threads about old drama and stuff like that in the mod/admin boards but nothing like insane.

any more you can say about this? for someone who knows almost nothing about that incident, who was responsible (if that's known)? why were the discussion threads about it in admin sketchy? 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

7 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

any more you can say about this? for someone who knows almost nothing about that incident, who was responsible (if that's known)? why were the discussion threads about it in admin sketchy? 

Before I continue I'll just preface this by saying that at the time I was just a member of the clan discussion staff, I wasn't a moderator or anything like that so all this information is from what was fed to us at the bottom tier of staff during when it was happening and then the rest is what I looked up myself once I got promoted to Senior Moderator (admin) in 2017.

Anyway, to answer your question, it's less about the admin posts being sketchy but just the situation in general, it was just kind of wild how it all went down. The guy behind it was known as Sig3x, who eventually got arrested due selling League of Legends account data or something along those lines. You can read more about his arrest here: https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/crime-and-justice/computer-game-hacker-pleads-guilty-to-nine-charges-in-brisbane-district-court/news-story/2bd277cc7d8a47d92a7dad39cf4981cc 

A couple of years before that was when he broke into Zybez and a bunch of other curse owned sites. Here's some of the messages he was sending around on IRC at the time. 

42vi7KK.png

At the time it was believed that the password hashing method that the IPB 3 forum software used was secure (md5(md5($salt) . md5($password)) for those who might be interested). It was quickly discovered that was not the case when a copy of the database along with plain text passwords was floating about shortly afterwards. This is what the one of head admins posted at the time when he got to grips with the information:

RCDD6pD.png

From what I can gather he/they (not clear if he did this on his own or not) broke into Zybez via a retired admin account and had admin access across all of curse owned forums due to how curse integrated their own account login system into IPB. If you were around at the time you'll probably remember how you had to link your original Zybez forum account to a curse account and then login via the curse account from then on. It's unclear to me whether he broke into the Zybez admin panel and then across all the curse sites or the other way around but either way he got away with a lot of damaging user information. As someone who's actively used the Zybez database dump to access forum accounts in the past I can't tell you how useful that particular database was. It's crazy how people still continued to use the same or very similar passwords multiple years after that information was available.

Also, just to be clear, this is mostly just guess work from piecing together the information that was up on the boards and what came out to low level forum staff at the time. All the information I found was posted during the direct aftermath of the breach so also may or may not have been accurate. tl;dr I could be entirely incorrect or missing pieces of the story.

• Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Interesting. I haven't heard the name sigex for a few years now, probably because the last time I heard about him was slightly after he got caught. I'd never met him personally but had definitely heard of him and been around communities he'd targeted. If I remember correctly he did have a partner or a close friend that did a lot of this shit with him, so it's possible he didn't do zybez alone. I asked a friend who would be most likely to know on discord (at least out of the people I still have contact with), but he said he doesn't remember either. Crazy how it seems like a lot of people forgot he even existed lmao

Would you say it resulted in near as many hacked accs as tip.it db ? Or was zybez db mostly forum accs and other shit. I seem to remember hearing about *quite* a lot of people getting hacked on rs after the tip.it db leak

Edited by Adam_

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

6 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Interesting. I haven't heard the name sigex for a few years now, probably because the last time I heard about him was slightly after he got caught. I'd never met him personally but had definitely heard of him and been around communities he'd targeted. If I remember correctly he did have a partner or a close friend that did a lot of this shit with him, so it's possible he didn't do zybez alone. I asked a friend who would be most likely to know on discord (at least out of the people I still have contact with), but he said he doesn't remember either. Crazy how it seems like a lot of people forgot he even existed lmao

Would you say it resulted in near as many hacked accs as tip.it db ? Or was zybez mostly forum accs and other shit 

The copy I had contained 150k+ users (no idea if this was the entire thing or not, I'd assume not) and if I had to guess that would have lead to a LOT of stolen accounts, whether that was for RS or other places. We were definitely much bigger than Tip.it in 2012 so I can only assume it would have been more. Everyone should use strong unique passwords for everything.

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

11 minutes ago, Tika191 said:

Power rank the following in order of who would win in a fight IRL:

Conv

Too

Krunal