Wee Man AMA

Wee Man

On 3/9/2021 at 12:47 AM, Adam_ said:

Is there anyone going into joining tempest you thought would be horrible/unpleasant to deal with / be around based on previous experience or what you'd heard, but they turned out to be really pleasant?

The End I was expecting to be a retard and that turned out to be wrong. Ashley I expected to be a two faced, drama causing, edating leech and that was 100% incorrect.

Least favorite people you've met in the clans you've been in?

Crest227, Swarms, Azteka1, Charlydog would all be up there.

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

On 3/9/2021 at 3:02 AM, Frenchfry said:

what would you say in your opinion was the biggest reason that led to ronin eventually fizzling out (along with most of the clan world at the time)

Hey man, long time no see. It was a combination of all the leaking/DDoSing which lead to weak members folding when things got tough and the overall F2P scene just fizzling out on top of that.

what would you say was scotts biggest weakness in regards to leading ronin 

Trusted his members too much and expected them to hold strong when the downfall nation attacked. 

who was the biggest idiot we ever had in ronin in your opinion and why was it sippinpurple

I liked sippin but man the way he went out was fucking retarded. Biggest idiot was probably High Volume or Tango. Both just had zero common sense.

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 3

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

6 hours ago, Ssj said:

Name your 10 vs 10 jagex cup final (theoretical) PH and/or Ronin all stars lineup

Assuming I included myself the other nine would be: Grefunky, Robin, X Mars, Bubter, Sardo, Truebeaver, Lassuri, Krunal, Gochance.

• ned 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

On 3/9/2021 at 3:29 AM, Blackinise said:

Question from Irvin:

ac9f036deafda446c11e505b0b62440a.png

Yes, very much so.

What did you think of the Bhatu/R3D/Ehms trying to snake Daman for his phat? What did you do to retaliate when they all left? Was there more to it than just hacking one of the members?

It was Djfrost7 they snaked and they didn't try, they actually got it from him. It was during the time of being able to lure people into dangerous CWA and all 4 of them were doing it regularly until those 3 turned on Dj and took his shit then left for Solace. I think the only retaliation was trying to get Solace to kick them or give the phat back. I don't remember anyone hacking anybody.

Does your mom still play runescape?

No, not for a lot of years now.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

On 3/9/2021 at 3:39 AM, The End said:

1) Were you asked by any of the officials in any clans you were in to leak IPs off Zybez? If so, how did you respond?

Robin never asked for any but Krunal asked me a few times early on which I just declined and he was fine with it.

2) After getting exposed for spying, why did Charlydog4 get a public hearing (only for it to get recorded) versus straight up being banned?

Scott was never the kind of guy to boot someone without hearing them out first and listening to their stupid explanations of why they decided to be retards. He even tried calling Azteka on the phone after he leaked us but he'd disconnected his number lmao.

3) While in Downfall Elrond140 was an OK member and was offering to train others account for GP. One day he went insane and hacked someone he was training for and also posted an IP grabber in his signature on forums (supposedly Robin made him do it). If true, how did you guys manage to convince him to do that?

I remember him posting an IP grabber but I'm not sure that we ever convinced him to do it but even if we had it wasn't something I was involved with so I don't really know all that much about it. I know Elrond went through some mental health problems for a little while IRL so I wonder if him flipping was part of it. I'll ask Scott if he remembers how that went down and I'll follow up if I can.

4) After EOS crash war, Ronin had a good period where you guys were doing well in CWA and even setting up fights with top clans in PvP. However, it quickly went down hill (even before the Downfall/Ronin crash war started to some extent). Why do you think that was? Was it more so b/c of internal issues or top clans didn't give any room for Ronin to thrive? 

Whenever we tried to fight someone in the wild that was above us at that point we'd get crashed and rather than our opponents being the target, we were targeted because it was easier to end the fight that way. For example when we had one of our wildy fights with Rot, VR came in 1 item, in F2P, and sniped us non stop. People quickly got sick of going through those kinds of events, our callers included. After that it was a case of just continuing to improve in CWA and fight all the midsize clans we could but then obviously that all came tumbling down when the DDoSing started.

5) Any funny Ronin stories that haven't been shared yet?

I've got a few. I'll start with this one though, the details might be a bit sloppy but the overall gist is correct, if anyone wants some more stories told feel free to ask me:

~Toni Montana & The huge cash pile~

So when I first started in PH, in the early teamspeak 2 days we had a guy called Toppavenger who used to call for us, he also made a few edge pk videos as well. Not long into PH's life he went away for a while and wasn't coming back any time soon (If I remember right he was a Mormon and had to go on a mission). So off he went and the years kept rolling by. In 2015 I find out he's back and in the game again, I think he got involved with TR at one point. Anyway, he comes to me and says one of Ronin's members had stolen a bunch of money off of a staking account they were sharing. We pull the member (Toni/Karatekungen) on teamspeak with me, Scott, Sippinpurple, Dickus and Toppa and question him about it with the overall goal being to just give my old friend his money back. He decided to just blatantly deny having the money despite showing it to Scott in a trade window earlier on in the day trying to flex. Ended up with him getting kicked but not without Dickus coming out with the single greatest sound clip I've ever heard in my entire life: "Toni Montana with the big cash pile". He says it at 1:40 in the video and I used that sound clip as Ronin's shoutbox sound for years lmao. The entire conversation is pretty funny but man, that sentence was golden.

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

33 minutes ago, Brian said:

I remember when @inf` thought recruiting Darklord from Ronin was a bit of a scoop. How glad were you to have him gone?

Oh man, poor guy lmao. He was just so argumentative over some really stupid shit when he was so clearly in the wrong. At the time we were fucked off Di had "stolen" one of our members but jesus what a boon that turned out to be. It's nice to see he's still trying to get some clout via that stupid discord they made.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I remember when @inf` thought recruiting Darklord from Ronin was a bit of a scoop. How glad were you to have him gone?

It did bring us the legendary slave robe meme

8 hours ago, The End said:

3) While in Downfall Elrond140 was an OK member and was offering to train others account for GP. One day he went insane and hacked someone he was training for and also posted an IP grabber in his signature on forums (supposedly Robin made him do it). If true, how did you guys manage to convince him to do that?

Here's the follow up after I asked Scott:

xxEedRn.png

Sounds like he just hacked the guy, panicked and made up a bullshit excuse.

Edited by Wee Man
  • Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

1 hour ago, Pietru said:

Is there anything Ronin had that other clans didn't in your opinion?

Hard to say with my limited knowledge of other clans communities. I know a lot of clans teamspeaks died outside of events whereas ours was active pretty much 24/7 for a while.

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

On 3/9/2021 at 11:30 AM, Fire said:

Rate these callers in order.  Krunal, Tim, Dickus, Robin & Phaeo.

1. Tim

2. Phaeo

3. Krunal

4. Dickus/Robin

5. Robin/Dickus

I feel like Robin was very underated as a caller. As long as he wasn't losing his shit at someone doing some dumb shit he was as good as Dickus but he was quick to lose his temper due to incompetence which could derail an entire event. Dickus is a lot more hype and fast paced I'd say.

What do you think made Downfall stronger than Ronin in the crashwar between eachother?

Booters, better intel and members who were willing to mass snipe all night.

Looking back at the past do you think Pure Hated would've survived a crashwar against Downfall?

We beat them in crashwars twice. If you're talking about the OSRS version that beefed with Ronin, yeah definitely but there was a lot of overlap in members.

Edited by Wee Man

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]