What runescape update did you hate the most?

Pietru

What's one update on runescape (RS2/OSRS/RS3 could be anything) that you hated the most?

For me it's display names - my boomer eyes cannot keep up with who is who

Edited by Pietru
  • Like 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

EoC

Also don't really care for inferno to some extent. Gave a lot of morons an ego over a video game and brings a lot of toxicity especially in the pvm scene. Not really content I enjoyed either though I know a lot of others really like it so fair enough for them I guess. Anything that gives people a huge ego and makes them act like idiots over a game is pretty cringe tho lol (obviously that isn't unique to inferno either)

oh yeah and removal of wilderness but clan wars era was still great so i guess that was a pretty strong silver lining 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Well to begin with I hate the fact that another runescape which looks like nothing like runescape exists 

Secondly, those snares made f2p man... it seems to me that they ruined all the fun in warring, the tanking, dragging, hugging, fall ins, long transitions, regrouping and so on. It bores me to death standing still in a 3x3 square for 1 hour till both clans decide to leave

7jmTOjL.png     

Name changing was probably worse than removal of wilderness. They should of made it so it costs money to change name. Your RSN was who you were and what people identified you by. Everybody in the clan community knew each others RSN. People changing it took away all that.

Wasn't around for EoC but obviously the game tanked after that so can't of been that good.

• Like 4

47Lv3y8.png

aBz8ar2.png

Wilderness removal.

EOC would have been fine if they didn't fuck legacy up.

oha1HPn.png

5nPWTc4.png

image.png.98e814b7804dc8ab9c1af32bc23ac648.png

Grand Miracle Wizard of the Far-Right Sea Templar's Party | Bringing racism back into RS clanning since 2023.

l4u0tPk.png

spacer.png

RSN: South Tyrol

Leader of REIGN community since 2004 - Undisputably the best gaming community in history.

Rank 3 in the UK for Riichi Mahjong (UKMA ELO)

An absolute shitload of rank ones/top10 rankings in multiple games.

https://www.twitch.tv/Toffee_Latte

1. EoC - Total fucking garbage update to cap off a few years of garbage updates.

2. The combination of adding snares and removing the mage prayer effect of halving those kinds of spells. Ruined the fun of tanking. I'd also including the unintentional removal of hugging as part of this.

3. Every single graphical update from 2008 onwards.

• Like 1

A2xdnTr.png

HNiXQu9.png

JlotNFB.gif

[32,900,047]

Wee Man#0028 | @ZybezWeeMan | Wee Man

Display names, i know its kool being able to change ur name from what u made since u were a dumb kid but I couldn't keep up with who is who as well.

After that its honestly every update in which I was behind. In times where I took a break from playing to come back months later with tons of new best in slot items made me feel too behind

• Like 1

EOC/MTX is pretty much a given.

Honestly the worst thing for me that's happened hasn't even been an update, updates happen and you learn to play around them. I hate that the game has gone from playing for fun with friends to optimizing every little thing. A 99 mining guide is literally like 14 tick mining where you eat like 4 pieces of food between each mining hit and shit. Runescape evolved into something almost entirely unenjoyable because of tick manipulation. People got better and eventually just made the game significantly less fun. You can play how you want, but you actually get harassed for doing it. It's a pretty big turn off.

Honorable mention to Dungeoneering which should have been a minigame. It's the most out of place skill there is. It's a horribly designed skill and a very well designed minigame. 

• Like 1
  • heart 1