Kids

Da Bazz

Tempest offspring  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Definitely want to have kids when the time is right. Married, both financially stable, living in a good community, and able to have the time to properly raise them.

hmu

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

TbAn2mL.png

If you don't have kids:

• Would you like to have kids? Nope

If you don't want kids:

• Why don't you want kids? I never liked kids in general - I'm honestly not patient enough to raise a kid
  • Like 1

KxIO8xE.png

Tempest Old School

~ Dear You ~

soEu4V0.png

MHlPpb9.png

https://i.imgur.com/jHZcD6h.png

If you don't have kids:

• Would you like to have kids?

Yes I would like to have kids one day. 

My life plan has always been that I want to have kids in the future once I am financially stable. This is something that I've always wanted and don't really have any specific reason other than that personally to me atleast its something natural and part of life. 

• Like 1

2GMe61I.png

don't have kids now but I definitely want to have a family in the future. That doesn't necessarily mean the kids have to be my own, if I meet a partner that already has kids then I'm perfectly happy with that, or potentially even adopting. 

• Like 2

Discord_HETwQJ1v4w.png.f36b96e3805b96e1af7b65a9cf2d7834.png

image.png.8123a2549fedaeb3ec2e979f2d401964.png

bc69bb0703.png

ROT MotM April 2011

ROT Official 2011-2016

No and no.

I'm okay with the whole "You never truly grow up if you don't have kids" thing. I love my life and don't want to throw a wrench in it from having kids. Why would it be a wrench? Because we have zero familial support. Both my husband and I lost our moms and we don't have reliable family close enough to help us watch the kids. So we'd either need to rely only on my income with him being a stay-at-home dad or put them in an expensive daycare. Either way, I'm not interested in living the paycheck-to-paycheck life again.  That being said, we don't HATE kids. We hope to be aunt/uncle figures for our friends' kids and are already talking about how to make the new house kid-friendly so that they can visit without worries or so we can babysit over a weekend or whatever. I just don't think it's a good idea to have kids who won't have a family.  We thought about adopting so we can skip ahead to when the kid can be unsupervised for a few hours here and there which would allow us to keep our jobs, but adoption is expensive. 😕

• Like 5

kGyYIJR.png

PFOMOZs.png

Brian.. or Brianna?! | The artist formerly known as Pequ 
The Gladiatorz [2004-06] | Eternal Honour [2006-08]RSC CD Mod [2006-08]

No kids yet! I would want 2-3 babies once I’m a bit older and feeling completely stable in all aspects of my life. Once I find a perfect daddy for little Winston, then I can sprout little caros into the world 

• Haha 1

rf5CUnO.png

b7RK1RJ.png

KcWkEw4.pngveneSig.jpg.b0fd15ac5e0a61edb678286925403d58.jpg

Context: Had a kid when I was 24, wife was 20; kid is 8 now. kid is girl.

If you have kids:

• Have your kids changed you in any way? And if so, how? Did you become more mature or had more agency to become mature?

It is hard to disentangle what changes were due to having a kid versus me maturing since I had my kid at a pretty young age.

- I subtly saw myself partaking in less risky activity and didn't realize I was doing it until later.  When I go skiing, I'm slower.  When I kayak in the winter, I wear a drysuit. I started putting safeguards in for dangerous work situations.
    - Having to care for a family rather than just me caused me to be more motivated to finish my schooling quickly, get a good job, and perform well in the job.  If it were just me, I could be a bum if I failed and go back with my parents.  Not the case with a family.
    - Caused me to be less selfish.  Primarily towards my wife.  Taking care of a kid takes a lot of sacrifice and it can't be all on one person.

• What is the best thing about having kids?

- Love and purpose.  I don't have much in the way of family or friends near me.  I have work friends, but I grew up on the east coast (where my wife and I were raised) and live on the west coast now.  Just me and my girls versus the world.

• What is the worst thing about having kids?

- Personal sacrifice.  Your life doesn't become about you anymore.  4 nights a week = swim lessons (~8 hr a week).  Kid goes to bed at 8 pm - can't leave the house without paying for a sitter. Want to do something on the weekend that you enjoy but your kid doesn't?  Well, you can, but if you get time to yourself for fun, you feel like you're putting the burden on your wife.

Would I recommend?  I love my daughter and I'm happy with my situation, but I don't think everyone is cut out for the kid life and I think that's ok.  One thing I've struggled with is that I've got little support outside of my wife.  I would recommend prospective parents make sure they've got a good support system because otherwise it gets expensive very quickly with sitters or can quickly drain one's sanity.

Also, I started young, which has advantages and disadvantages.  Reaping many of the advantages now, but when I started off living on a college stipend and some university teaching, it was a lot of nights of $2-3 family-sized spaghetti or curry rice meals.  Wife never had a chance to go to school.  Being financially stable can ease a lot of the stress.

Edited by 3lite
  • Like 2
  • heart 3

7R85FSe.png

15 hours ago, Dickus said:

1. No

2. Yes, eventually. Having a kid right now wouldn't be ideal would it. Preferably several years down the line once I've had time to build a nest egg and start a home.

I didn't know apes built nests? :495994341_:

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~