Pokemon Generations

Adam_

Pokemon  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Following up from my pokemon vs. yugioh topic where pokemon had a pretty overwhelming victory, let's hear what peoples' favorite generations of pokemon are

Since I didn't really separate show/games/etc in that topic and probably should have, i'll do that now

For me personally:

Games - I liked 1-3 a lot, Gen 3 felt like it had a lot of additional content and I just really enjoyed them plus they had the fire red/leaf green remakes of gen 1 games which were also really good. Emerald was probably my favorite game so going gen 3. Didn't play much of gen 4+ on gameboy, tried a few of them and they weren't the worst. PokeMMO was also ok. I got sword and one of the lets go games for my switch and they were also both pretty decent but didn't feel they were better than Gen 3.

Show - the classic early episodes will always probably hold a special place in my heart but the show was pretty good for the entire time I watched it ngl. Gen 1 

Trading card game - I had a lot of cards of both and played a fair bit of both with friends. Always liked the excitement of getting a super rare pokemon card and probably had the most from gen 1/2 and some from 3 so i'll just say 1 I guess since that got me into it, not sure it was really best to actually separate the trading card game into generations but here we are. Don't think i've ever owned a card from gen 4+ 

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

Very hard to pick for which generation games I enjoyed the most. If I had to take a pick then most likely Gen 3 because that's when competitive battling started which was enjoyable.

Enjoyed Pokémon Colosseum and XD in the game cube console which had Pokémon's up to Gen 3. ORAS remake in the Nintendo 3DS was phenomenal too!

As Trading card games, I don't really have a preference.

Gen 3 for pokemon tv show when I was a kid was great too

• Like 1

RSIG1.gif.c25c0d0e94323923fca7bb30a56bcec2.gif

Gen 1 games are the most nostalgic for me, I grew out of pokemon quickly, but they were awesome games.

On trading cards, I also only really had the first gen of cards, so I voted those although I don't have a strong preference.  I did have some second gen. Japanese cards.  My parents recently found my old cards cleaning out their house and sent them to me.  Pro-tip: If you have old cards laying around and they're in good condition, they're worth a LOT of money.  I've sold off some of them and I'm projecting that my old cards are going to pay for a new Harley-Davidson for me. I know I had a 1st ed. Charizard somewhere but it wasn't in the binder my parents sent (in perfect condition, those are selling around 300-400k).

On the show, I've been watching the new (Alola?) series with my daughter and I think it is better than the first.  I'm not sure what generation that is.

Edited by 3lite

7R85FSe.png

3 minutes ago, 3lite said:

Gen 1 games are the most nostalgic for me, I grew out of pokemon quickly, but they were awesome games.

On trading cards, I also only really had the first gen of cards, so I voted those although I don't have a strong preference.  I did have some second gen. Japanese cards.  My parents recently found my old cards cleaning out their house and sent them to me.  Pro-tip: If you have old cards laying around and they're in good condition, they're worth a LOT of money.  I've sold off some of them and I'm projecting that my old cards are going to pay for a new Harley-Davidson for me. I know I had a 1st ed. Charizard somewhere but it wasn't in the binder my parents sent (in perfect condition, those are selling around 300-400k).

On the show, I've been watching the new (Alola?) series with my daughter and I think it is better than the first.  I'm not sure what generation that is.

Yeah I haven't watched in recent years but the show actually still seems quite good for something that's been on so long despite being fairly different now. Also it sounds like you'd better get looking for that charizard 

• heart 1

bunnyguestsig.png.ccdc0f4d74bc49d76625f95f77126600.png

sig.png.a653e4eb38f8831b6fe065620d30b252.png

underscore.png.983945ced2a331aa1d4ec31de5913c92.png

imkhetnai.png.18510f16e5ac66a3d1aa91c007faa2de.png

lithmigos.png.bb04c57946f75d035b102720bba28d3c.png

vanuckle.png.063402cc210fcc01769876c062581050.png

daveold.png.fe31d53c54985d7c3f7687a5fea5e8c4.png

1 minute ago, CursedSatan said:

Very hard to pick for which generation games I enjoyed the most. If I had to take a pick then most likely Gen 3 because that's when competitive battling started which was enjoyable.

Enjoyed Pokémon Colosseum and XD in the game cube console which had Pokémon's up to Gen 3. ORAS remake in the Nintendo 3DS was phenomenal too!

As Trading card games, I don't really have a preference.

Gen 3 for pokemon tv show when I was a kid was great too

I loved Pokemon Colosseum and XD just as I liked Pokemon Stadium on the Nintendo 64. I really loved the more 3D feel to Pokemon compared to the 'main' games.

Personally I like Gen 2 the most. Gold was my first Pokemon game and I actually ended up playing it until it literally broke. [*] I loved that you were able to play both Johto and Kanto!

Anime wise I have gone with Gen 2 as well. I love the theme song and the graphics of the anime are nicer. Story wise I don't really know if there is a huge difference but I am still salty that we never discovered what was inside the G.S. Ball...like what the fuck really??

I only 'collected' Gen 1 cards so there the choice was obvious. Never really did the Pokemon trading card game battle thing though.

[*] So old GB / GBC / GBA games have batteries in them. Depending on how intensive you use the games those can last up to 10-20 years. I had so many intensive hours on Pokemon Gold and startups / shutdowns that it perished in about 6.

• Like 1

The good old days

q8MGnBE.png

Tempest 1.png

~ By B4uz ~

OujZV85.gif

~ By Ace ~

Pokémon red was awesome lol.

When the show came out I was in grade 6. I remember watching it on Sunday morning thinking what the hell is this garbage. Told everyone on the monday at school how weird it was. A week later everyone loved it so I got into it too lol

• Haha 1

Not sure if you heard. I was leader of The BlacKnights.

877ed46287d54a0fea10edf2d2defff8.png

iDPoiRL.png