European Super League

Brian

Utter shambles, pretty pissed off my team signed right up for it as well. Disgraceful

Please expand for maximum vomit

12th April 2021

PeJ2vHv.png 

24th April 2021

7vl4sq5.png

12th May 2021 

x1HmkNF.png

spacer.png

TRWF PK Leader ¦ Legends Never Die Leader ¦ Clan Envy Warlord

Disgraceful move from a bunch of awful clubs. However, I imagine even the clubs will have been surprised from the level of backlash they've received from both UEFA, FIFA, FA, etc. and fans.

IinmuAH.gif

N2ImPBk.png
  GnWrlh9.gif 
- Damage Inc May 2006 - October 2009 -
- Damage Inc Warlord General -

Spoiler

unknown.png

4 hours ago, Brian said:

Can they really do this? I mean from a legal and sporting point of view. End of the day I think a lot of players would end up picking money > playing for their national team. It would ruin the spectacle of the WC and Euros. No big players = no TV viewership = no big sponsorship deals.

4 hours ago, Tika191 said:

While I really hope it doesn't come to this, it would be fascinating to see who leaves the team to play for their national team versus who chooses to continue playing for their club

as @Brian said though, I have no idea what would be legally enforceable right now

No clue about the whole legal part involving this.. but it all seems like a huge political fight that will end up not changing much at the end (at least to our eyes). I just read that the UEFA attorney is meeting up with CL semi-finalists attorney groups and there is a threat that the games won't even happen next week (real, chelsea and city are all on de ESL)

In the end it's all about money..

I'd be more for it if any of the "founding" clubs could be relegated rather than just having a spot in there indefinitely lol 

Also no german/french clubs so regardless of what they want it to be they are missing some key teams.

Edited by Out

KSVDZyo.png

SCE5Fis.png

o1Uh7MU.png

The fact that there is no relegation / qualifying for it, and that it'll be the same 'super clubs' playing each other over and over again is laughable. This is a huge circlejerk, including the team I support (Arsenal). If this goes through I really find it hard to believe I'll continue to support them through watching / merch / etc.

• Like 1

xD1G9fN.png

h0cvjf1.png

fPBTJ1M.png

m1RdWMG.png

sZLnSGx.png

xLYsTpv.png

DStPJf3.jpg

303CDqC.png

4TppgnA.png

6Dfcn17.png

9AtJ6Ju.png